Toyworld 'Gunner' i.e. Weathered Yellow Constructor in hand Pictures & unboxing.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by shovelchop81, Apr 18, 2019.

1. shovelchop81

shovelchop81 not so mini-con

Ebay:
    Since only 200 were made I'm guessing there aren't many reviews around. I was lucky enough to find this guy in the UK for $530 (everything is more expensive here!) but really happy to have him. As for the figure and modes they are the same as all the other Constructors out there but the level of paint detail and well applied weathering is excellent! I do a lot of paint work like this myself for 1/6 scratch built figures (Iron Man, LOTR, Star Wars related etc..) and Kotobukiya HMM Zoid kits, so I know the time and work that goes into a paint job like this which I imagine is why there are only 200 being made. I did find a few pieces of masking tape here and there that had been left on by accident, some might think this is unprofessional but to me it shows the human touch of the production (bespoke if you like) and served to remind me just how much work I'd saved myself by getting this version! Unbelievably it was the same price as the regular Yellow version! There was only one damaged/missing part: a thumb on Burden's right hand had been broken off and wasn't in the box or cavity that hides the hand in alt modes, I guess a worker went 'whoops, my boss better not find out if I want to keep my job' so just packed it with the hand hidden in alt mode; doesn't bother me as you can't tell when he holds the gun in bot mode anyway (does suck on a figure this expensive though). All the joint tolerances seem to have been tweaked and perfected since the first Constructor reviews, no crazy over tight hinges or ratchets yet he can pose just fine and hold his gun straight out in front of him with no fear of it drooping or the arm collapsing back down with a tap or light breeze. His thighs are yellow not silver which I prefer as it makes him more cohesive. As for extras/bonus parts you get plenty and they are all weathered to match as well which is a great touch and honestly a great relief too! You get: 2 combiner heads, 4 face plates, eye and visor combination sets, silver painted drill 'hands' , the add on parts set for Burden (heel spurs/truckbed cover and combiner latts), screw covers, spare track, an extra gun (anyone know about this accessory? I gave it to Burden to put on his shoulder), a giant Neoprene pad with an image of Constructor silkscreened onto it to serve as a base for him on glass I guess and finally a really nice well made instruction book with some promo art and the 7 collector cards nicely displayed in the back, classy touch that they needn't have done but went the extra mile; all the bots' guns are weathered and detailed in paint too. I've always preferred the design of the Generation Toy Gravity Builder (I only own a KO right now) as it seemed far more detailed and realistic than Constructor's more cartoon look but this paint job turns that on its head, it blows the GT version out of the water for a 'realistic' aesthetic! I made a couple of mods to the combined assembly to reduce shoulder kibble and have the digger arm at the top, nothing done to the figures I just changed their transformations slightly. I hope you enjoy the stupid amount of pictures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. 1mBr0k3n

1mBr0k3n Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    Awesome poses. I got #66!

3. shovelchop81

Ebay:
    Thanks! I wonder who got #69? LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  4. fleshling

fleshling Well-Known Member

This is amazing. What’s the mod you did to Scavenger?

5. shovelchop81

Ebay:
    Cheers! I turned the main body of the digger around in combined mode and readjusted some panels to make the elbow still work as I wanted the digger arm on the top; nothing major.