Toyworld Grind Rod Pictorial Review

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by pingth, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't have any alt mode pics but here's a bot mode one.

[​IMG]

2. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the pic Robogeek considering they're pretty much minibots it looks like he scales ok and I'm really looking forward to see how they handle Goldbug.

3. x01618

x01618 Autobot

Ebay:
    I feel it's worth noting my experience in dealing with 3rd Party Store, for the benefit of others. I've tried repeatedly to get a hold of them through their website form, directly via email, and even PMing the hegemon user who is likely associated with ToyWorld and may-or-may-not be associated with 3rd Party Store. No response from anyone for about 3 weeks.

I actually really like the figure, but the customer service is non-existent. If you ended up with a QC issue like I did, you'd have no support. I'd strongly recommend against buying figures from this store. That should be easy since it seems that lots of other stores with really good customer service are offering them, including Captured Prey at the same price (minus shipping).

4. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    got this figure yesterday in mail from 3rd party store. I have same issues as most with joints too tight and gun. didn't bother forcing the issue with the gun so left it as a tire and just pegged it on side of shoulder in bot mode. I really wish they made heel extension for it too. I have to lean mine foreword a bit when standing otherwise he would lean back or even fall back. overall a nice figure though.

5. pingth

pingth Autocon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry for the late posting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    Mine arrived today. I'm really impressed with all the details moulded into this.

7. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Don’t be a jerk...

News Credits:
  8. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

So I got this guy entirely because I loved Aurora so much.

He doesn't have some of the clearance issues Aurora had (I had to take a file to come corners to make Aurora transform without fear of breaking anything), but his joints are tighter, and some of his connections are a little scary when transforming from alt to bot. Totally a solid figure, though, I'm totally enamored with him and Aurora. I'm totally sold on the throttlebots now.

The best thing, though, and I have never said this before, is the plastic! The green they used is phenomenal... It has varying shades depending on the angle, but still stays green. I'm not sure whether I like Aurora or Grind Rod better, and I honestly don't care to compare. If you love one, you'll likely love the other. If you kinda like one, as Vangelus said, stick with just the one (PS, if you're buying, pick the one who looks cooler to you).

I have Hegemon, Hard Bone (lol), Aurora, and Grind Rod (also lol) from Toyworld. The first two have some loose sliding joints, but the two Throttlebots are comfortably tight, and absolute awesomesauce. I'm totally sold on this line.