Toyworld Constructor V1 Green

Discussion in 'Items For Sale or Trade' started by dasdoktor, May 2, 2017.

1. dasdoktor

dasdoktor Pharma who?

UPDATE: I've received some interested messages and will be responding to them in order of receiving them. So if the first guy doesn't work out, I'll go on to the next etc. I will keep you all updated so you're not in the dark. Also, if this sounds too good to be true keep in mind that the boxset of Constructor is going for pretty low prices here in Asia. While I'm offering a really good deal, there's no need to send me messages noting your suspicions, please do your research and see what the V2 is going for at sites like robotoybase, actionrobo, and robot kingdom. 300 is half of what I paid for them but I'm forced to go that low now that the boxset is out, so the price of my V1 set is being offered a little lower than what the V2 would go for used. I don't want to disassemble him so combined mode pics incoming soon.

So I'm selling all of my combiners. TFC seacons and TFM menasor figs are already gone so now the big green is left.

TLDR version: Asking $300 shipped. I'll definitely consider offers so haggle away. All known QC issues are either non-existent or fixed on my copy. If you've wanted this set but hated the QC issues of V1 and can't afford V2 set and want a fully functional and QC-free version of the V1 for a cheap ass price, then I'm your huckleberry.

Comes with purple barrel installed.

As a modeler and painter I know how to handle figures and all the QC stuff has been dealt with properly.

Figs are in good quality, transformed about 5 times for each fig and then kept in combined mode.

When shipping, I'm going to disassemble combined mode, tuck away or partly transform any jutting parts or fragile bits and ship it that way. The combined mode for each 6 figures is probably the most solid form and best way I can think of to ship them.

No boxes but includes the guns, the drills and the combiner parts and gun.

Eye visor for combined mode was 'modded' by using adhesive silver tape on the inside of the clear visor. Looks pretty amazing if you ask me but you can just peel it right off if you don't like it.

Figures will be shipped with care, bubble wrap and styrofoam.

Long-ass details of QC issues and how I fixed them:

So I was pretty lucky and didn't have any real QC issues, but in case you are not aware of them I remember them all so I'll list them here to confirm that these figs don't have those problems:

-Elbow joints on bone crusher and scavenger: broke for a lot of folks on the originals, retooled parts were eventually provided by toy world and I have already swapped them out and they work just fine.

-Long haul's rear wheels snapping: went ahead and lubed, reinforced with ABS glue and then sanded those parts so that they hold firm but there's no longer any risk of breakage due to the tight tolerance.

-Long haul's shoulder wheels being too tight for transformation and prone to snapping: lubed and worked them down so they move smooth.

-Tight, squeaky joints all around: fixed via lube or sanding joints (inner and unexposed parts). Scrapper was the number 1 offender here.

-The connection between the combiner leg and Scrapper was ridiculously tight: plastic shaved, sanded and lubed and now the connection slides and removes smoothly.

-A less known issue with Mixmaster: the leg joints can be very very tight making it difficult to transform. Took apart and sanded and lubed the joints, perfect tolerance now.

*All of the parts were fixed using Tamiya ceta-grease, meant specifically for plastic. Sanding was done with Tamiya modeler's sandpaper meant for plastic and not a cheap nail file.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

PM'd

3. magicz24

magicz24 Well-Known Member

Wow!! Any pics dude

4. dasdoktor

dasdoktor Pharma who?

Hey guys, I'll take pics when I can. I responded to everyone in the order I received the messages.

• Like Like x 1