Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. mouschi

mouschi Well-Known Member

Thanks!

2. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Anytime man. :D 

3. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    I have a V2 box set. Picked up a v1 burden and allocator for cheap. I now have both looks. I didn't see a screaming face with V1 allocator so wanted to see if V2's one would work. Admittedly, yes I am lazy for asking first and not trying myself.

Like the idea of Ox V1 head screaming, like with the box set (?) yellow version

4. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Nah. Not lazy. If someone has tried it why not ask first. Keep asking questions because it makes for good discussion. Peace out bro

• Like Like x 1
  5. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I'm late to the party. I've seen some people on Facebook groups mentioning the one on TFSource is the version with lots of breakage issues and weak plastic?

I'd like to get a green colored one, preferably with more cartoon colors. But if the one on TFSource is full of problems then that leaves me wondering which green version is best? And didn't the original release need a bunch of upgrade parts that are now included?

• Like Like x 1
  6. mouschi

mouschi Well-Known Member

7. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

Not sure what TFSource has to do with plastic quality or not but I got mine (TW-C07X Perfect Edition) from ShowZ and Long Haul (Burden) has two cracked screw holders in his legs. One screw holder has almost completely separated and broken off and the other is halfway to completely pulling away from the leg. Probably the screws were tightened too tightly and it broke the plastic. So I think Toy World is just using plastic that isn't quite up to snuff. Can't speak on any other breakages but I haven't had many other problems besides that.

• Like Like x 2
  8. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I know bro. I’m sorry about that. I had some technical issues with two of them and I have been messing with the springs on my FT TG guardians. Today I hope to have some up. Ack!

9. protostar8

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just mentioned TFSource b/c they have the C07X available for purchase. But I've been seeing people post about the quality on that one (from the research I've done) and it isn't good.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

Oh, I see. I thought people were suggesting TFSource got a bad batch or something. BTW, I'll show you what i'm talking about with the cracked screw holders. IDK if it's a plastic quality issue or that they just tightened them way too tight. Likely a combination of both.
    Burden Cracked Screw Holders and Plastic (both legs).JPG
    I also had this very minor issue of a wrong piece being installed. Those two pieces in the center should be mirrored and instead i got two of the same side. Did not affect transformation at all, though.
    Bulldozer Wrong Piece.JPG

Overall I've been very pleased other than the problems above and the hands of the individual bots. Some have loose fingers that just fall around when you uncurl them. Not really sure why they went that direction instead of normal pinned hands but again it's very minor. It's good you're checking around, though. It's a pretty hefty investment to go in blind on. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  11. protostar8

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And that's my biggest concern. The plastic quality is spotty at best. So to "take a chance" at $500 is kinda rough haha.

Overall I've been very pleased other than the problems above and the hands of the individual bots. Some have loose fingers that just fall around when you uncurl them. Not really sure why they went that direction instead of normal pinned hands but again it's very minor. It's good you're checking around, though. It's a pretty hefty investment to go in blind on. Good luck.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

Count me as another user who got a QC lemon from TFSource. Scrapper was broken out of the box (the pelvis part was broken cleanly in half) and I had issues with long haul as well. Thankfully they got back to me pretty quick and I was able to return it.

Thanks to @TFDAD though, I am now a proud owner of a fully functioning v2 Constructor! I had no QC issues of any kind, and all the joints and connector parts were toleranced perfectly. A greatly welcome addition to my collection and so much nicer in hand than my Jinbao Gravity Builder! I truly believe if Toyworld could have fixed their QC issues instead of reissuing their tenth color variant, this would be one of my favorite bots. But as it is, I’m too paranoid to transform them back and forth knowing that it’ll be quite difficult to get replacement pieces if necessary.

F23E6939-377C-42BF-AB3F-53B78A157CCD.jpeg 465FF1B9-125A-4149-9555-F97AD774034D.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  13. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

On a completely unrelated and selfish note: This is a Billy from IKEA right? The plan is to get two of these. Are you happy with it? How does it fare vs dust?

14. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I’ve got one billy with omega and Devastator on the bottom shelf and I’m planning on having two Billy’s hopefully for everything too, I like them.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

This is actually a Hemnes:
    HEMNES Glass-door cabinet, black-brown, 35 3/8x77 1/2" - IKEA

@edgecrusher actually had a great comparison of the two a couple years ago:
    The Not-Detolf Display Cases Thread

I've tried Billy before when I lived in an apartment, and overall I prefer the Hemnes. I like the fact that the cabinet is deeper than the typical Billy and the glass doors are MUCH better quality. I personally don't agree that the Hemnes seem to have cheaper wood quality, but perhaps my memory is a bit off. I had a Hemnes dresser (HEMNES 8-drawer dresser, white stain, 63x37 3/8" - IKEA) for over 4 years for each of my kids when they were of diaper-changing age, and I've always been impressed with their overall quality and solidity compared to cheaper IKEA fare. I've noticed no warping but maybe that's more of a climate (case by case) thing.

Dust is definitely less of a problem since the doors are closed 95% of the time, though it's still important to take proper care of shelves and figures. I generally try to do a light dusting plus compressed air spray every couple of months, but it hasn't been that necessary compared to when I just displayed them on top of a sideboard or dresser. Then again, we don't have pets or wear shoes indoors and run a Roomba pretty frequently, so this might depend on your environment.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt quieted...but never silenced.

I have a Brimnes, only issue I have with it is the door panels are a little too thick so it chokes the light a little bit. going to have to go get another one soon as I've pretty much stuffed as much as I can into it and it isn't much of a display than it is containment, lol.

17. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    Where'd you get the shouting face from? V2 is the box set with G1 head only.

18. pilot00

Thanks. I might try that one instead. My current house is IKEA decorated. I never expected the furniture to hold out for so many years, its kinda surprising in a positive way. Thanks for confirming my plan :D 

19. pilot00

Thank you too! I have a Billy already and was planning on transferring part of the collection there. Though I need at least two more right now :D 
    Also I need to install glass.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah the doors are the way to go, way less dust and no worry about shelf dives.