Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Masimoed

Masimoed Well-Known Member

I don't know about earlier versions but I think all the recent versions come with the silver thighs. I've seen thigh fillers that are green but they seem pretty hard to find. I have the perfect edition, I'd say its the best Devi out there if you don't mind it being not totally G1 accurate. When you break the cost down per figure it's not a bad price.

I'm still waiting for a version that's toon accurate as that's how I'm building my collection, but the perfect edition is a really good stand in.

2. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I should point out that the mould is very much of the older mixed style, not toon aesthetic like MP44 etc. It's just the PE purple is coloured to toon accurate so it's the toon version of Constructor. Except the fucking silver thighs.......and green thighs are a bitch to find, too. Toyworld, make some more goddamn you!

3. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Well-Known Member

Thanks for that summary, greatly appreciated. :D 

Looks like I'm aiming for a V2 with the green thighs. I don't have the best luck when it comes to modding/customizing, so that's the perfect edition out. Silver thighs on Devastator? Not on my watch.

• Like Like x 1
  4. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yep V2 is the best so far IMHO. I bought some strong vinegar from Homedepot that is 30% and I am going to strip the silver thighs. Hope it works. I will say that when I was stripping old paint off of metal hinges on my doors I boiled regular strength vinegar that you use for cooking and dunked the metal parts in there and the paint was super easy to remove. Might tinker with that too. I cannot confirm on plastic usage yet. Good luck and have fun with your first ever!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pool5555

Pool5555 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    9768962B-C1EA-46FC-ACA9-717963394016.jpeg 8B98A211-D413-496C-9C7E-0D057C9AF450.jpeg 021E920D-03D0-423A-A3E2-0AC12253062C.jpeg 88A410AB-3B12-418F-9498-E751082D7D71.jpeg 866010B5-9DAB-4673-9E83-86DB4DB4BDC9.jpeg 1AD1BB70-6650-4B80-A446-6A801078B3A9.jpeg 9C157DD7-DCDD-4725-AF47-991F2169FDA1.jpeg 0535E50C-EDD1-4705-BB47-8BAC5A3512C8.jpeg

The Only available retail one right now with green thighs is cel shaded with painted Green thighs. Everything else is Gray thighs. Old green, X. I was to afraid to buy the X and strip the paint.

I do see the occasional V2 green thighs come up on FB groups like Cybertron Cafe or Transformers Addicts or TF Masterpiece groups for $350-400$
    I had the V2 with green thighs and liked it but think Cel Shaded with the paint just looks so much more impressive.

• Like Like x 5
  6. amja99

amja99 Well-Known Member

So how do you remove the transparent plate on Constructor's chest that covers the spot where the decepticon logo is supposed to go?

7. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm curious about this too, I have a symbol but I haven't bothered to try to open it up yet.

8. Masimoed

I think Emgo shows or says how to remove the panel in his video for Constructor. I think it involves unscrewing the back and then pushing out the tabs for the plate. I was able to do this for Bonecrusher's chest plate.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Devastator Zero

Devastator Zero Smirker!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's this. My copy didn't have any trouble removing the combined mode chest plate for a faction symbol, but Bonecrusher's is a different story. Mine will not budge at all. :( 

10. Sarin

Sarin Fool for Energon

Here's the perfect edition with the silver paint stripped.
    20201002_173941.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  11. Collector20

Collector20 Well-Known Member

Hey guys I recently designed a g1 head for constructor. Tell me what you guys think and if any of you would be interested in one. I’ve modified the design from what you see in the test print photo. The pegs have been made smaller and the gap on the base has been moved more to the left. The forehead has also been slightly changed to be more even.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  12. thrustjet24

thrustjet24 Little known member of the Rainmakers

I love my Constructor but wish that those forearms were a bit smaller.

13. borp

borp Well-Known Member

did v2 come with both heads? i have it, but can't find the v1 head in the box i had in storage.. and feel like it didn't come with it? i just found a second "face"

14. 4249david

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe I'm wrong in that then. I thought it had both the Ox head and the G1. I knew it definitely brought the G1 head to Constructor without being an add on, but was under the impression it had the original one still. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong :thumb 

15. Masimoed

That looks really good, what did you use to strip the paint? How easy was it to strip? I haven't really delved into customization so I'm a little scared about damaging the figure.

16. Sarin

Sarin Fool for Energon

I used a 99% isopropyl alcohol. To be honest, it was hell getting the paint off. I soaked the parts for 2 weeks in a preserving jar, rubbing the paint with cotton buds and disposable cloths every other evening. My hands were killing me and sometimes i got really dizzy from the alcohol fumes.
    Some here had less trouble getting the paint of. It was @davidsix and @R3MY who stripped the parts in just a few days.

• Like Like x 2
  17. 4249david

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had a similar problem using super strength too. I had to sand mine and they're scratched up. I desperately want a fresh green thighs set and I'll fill the ones I have and airbrush them silver again.

TF Source have yellow ones, but I'd need to paint those green and need a perfect match otherwise it's pointless

18. Masimoed

Thanks for the info, might just leave mine as is, sounds like it took a lot of effort to make happen. I wish they'd just reissue the green thigh fillers!

19. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Well-Known Member

Ok... right... I need some advice, please.

Bought a V2 Constructor off Ebay (green thighs, hooray etc). It came today just as I was leaving for work, so I waited patiently for home time, and when I got back I relaxed, cracked a beer, opened the box, and took stock of my new acquisition. Everything was fine until I got to Bonecrusher. "Articulated treads? Cool!" I think to myself as I mess with the figure (carefully, mind you), until....

CRUNCH!

One of the clips holding the tread links snaps, and the tiny green plastic piece that breaks off pings away into the ether.
    "Bollocks! Ok, ok... Calm down, no problem. One half of the clip is ok, I'll just reconnect and..."

CRUNCH!

Another link breaks. Now there's no way I can stretch the treads and reconnect them. The connection is too tight and the plastic is too weak. So now... Now I'm stuck with a very expensive new acquisition that has bloody broken within five minutes of opening. Yes, the figures were second hand, but it wasn't the sellers fault, and given the very minimal amount of pressure I exerted, it bloody well wasn't mine either. So basically, what the hell can I do? Is there any way to get a replacement or fix it?

20. THE dAY

THE dAY Well-Known Member

Should come with couple of extra treads in one of the baggies.
    Also check to see if the area the treads wrap around is in extended position.
    You can squeeze both wheel ends together (might need a little force) to see if it compresses then maybe you can reconnect without using the extras.

• Like Like x 1