Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Collector20

Collector20 Well-Known Member

Hey guys I recently designed a g1 head for constructor. Tell me what you guys think and if any of you would be interested in one. I’ve modified the design from what you see in the test print photo. The pegs have been made smaller and the gap on the base has been moved more to the left. The forehead has also been slightly changed to be more even.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. thrustjet24

thrustjet24 Little known member of the Rainmakers

I love my Constructor but wish that those forearms were a bit smaller.

3. borp

borp Well-Known Member

did v2 come with both heads? i have it, but can't find the v1 head in the box i had in storage.. and feel like it didn't come with it? i just found a second "face"

4. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe I'm wrong in that then. I thought it had both the Ox head and the G1. I knew it definitely brought the G1 head to Constructor without being an add on, but was under the impression it had the original one still. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong :thumb 

5. Masimoed

Masimoed Well-Known Member

That looks really good, what did you use to strip the paint? How easy was it to strip? I haven't really delved into customization so I'm a little scared about damaging the figure.

6. Sarin

Sarin Fool for Energon

I used a 99% isopropyl alcohol. To be honest, it was hell getting the paint off. I soaked the parts for 2 weeks in a preserving jar, rubbing the paint with cotton buds and disposable cloths every other evening. My hands were killing me and sometimes i got really dizzy from the alcohol fumes.
    Some here had less trouble getting the paint of. It was @davidsix and @R3MY who stripped the parts in just a few days.

• Like Like x 2
  7. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had a similar problem using super strength too. I had to sand mine and they're scratched up. I desperately want a fresh green thighs set and I'll fill the ones I have and airbrush them silver again.

TF Source have yellow ones, but I'd need to paint those green and need a perfect match otherwise it's pointless

8. Masimoed

Masimoed Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, might just leave mine as is, sounds like it took a lot of effort to make happen. I wish they'd just reissue the green thigh fillers!

9. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Some sort of carbon-based bastard.

Ok... right... I need some advice, please.

Bought a V2 Constructor off Ebay (green thighs, hooray etc). It came today just as I was leaving for work, so I waited patiently for home time, and when I got back I relaxed, cracked a beer, opened the box, and took stock of my new acquisition. Everything was fine until I got to Bonecrusher. "Articulated treads? Cool!" I think to myself as I mess with the figure (carefully, mind you), until....

CRUNCH!

One of the clips holding the tread links snaps, and the tiny green plastic piece that breaks off pings away into the ether.
    "Bollocks! Ok, ok... Calm down, no problem. One half of the clip is ok, I'll just reconnect and..."

CRUNCH!

Another link breaks. Now there's no way I can stretch the treads and reconnect them. The connection is too tight and the plastic is too weak. So now... Now I'm stuck with a very expensive new acquisition that has bloody broken within five minutes of opening. Yes, the figures were second hand, but it wasn't the sellers fault, and given the very minimal amount of pressure I exerted, it bloody well wasn't mine either. So basically, what the hell can I do? Is there any way to get a replacement or fix it?

10. THE dAY

THE dAY Well-Known Member

Should come with couple of extra treads in one of the baggies.
    Also check to see if the area the treads wrap around is in extended position.
    You can squeeze both wheel ends together (might need a little force) to see if it compresses then maybe you can reconnect without using the extras.

• Like Like x 1
  11. THE dAY

THE dAY Well-Known Member

Would it be easier to paint them green?
    Maybe take another (green) piece of constructor to a hobby shop and see if they can find a close color match.
    EDIT: Or take it to a home improvement store that sells paints

12. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    IF I recall correctly, someone who did just that here said that an off the shelf lime green color by rustoleum/krylon or similar common brand sold at walmart and other big box stores is a close match...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dodgy Dan

Nice one. I'd not spotted the extra treads in the sprue packet. Embarrassing, but at least it's sorted out. Ta muchly.

• Like Like x 2
  14. RL1701

RL1701 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    From TheChosenPrime this morning. Packed differently than my other constructors, plastic clamshell with extra pieces just kind of laying on the plastic in the box.
    F64EAA5C-7A4E-4814-AD4C-0A594B8F6874.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  15. Evolv3d

Evolv3d Well-Known Member

Looks like they tried to get the box as small as possible due to increased shipping costs. The foam inner added a lot of dimension.

• Like Like x 2
  16. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Ooh that orange is sexxxy!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nicorobot

Nicorobot Well-Known Member

And i found a video from DaimChoc where the orange Constructor appears for a couple of seconds.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  18. Dodgy Dan

Well, after finally getting a bit of free time to combine the jolly green giant, I can finally see what all the fuss is about. He's nice. Really bloody nice. I can see why some people consider him to be the gold standard of combiners, and despite some flaws, I am very pleased with the results. To celebrate, here is a terrible photo.

Attached Files:

• devi.jpg
      devi.jpg
      File size:
      436.5 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 10
  19. blorgicus

blorgicus Well-Known Member

because it's a money printer and they'll know we'll all buy it if they move the RGB sliders 5% every 12 months.

20. Jersey_Steel

Jersey_Steel Realist

I love constructor and have two, but I would really love it if someone made a more cartoon accurate Devastator. By that I mean more the individual modes and Constructor pretty much nails the combined mode.

• Like Like x 1