Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Which would be funny because it probably cost them sales that their weathered green version looks like crap... I personally think yellow Dev is kinda stupid...couldn't care less about G2...but I can't deny that weathered yellow set might be the most impressive looking set of the entire bunch. A proper weathered green set could have been equally fantastic, but what they actually released looks like a jumbled mess. It sorta looks cel shaded, sorta looks weathered, completely looks like nothing else in anyone's collection...and not exactly in a complementary way. It doesn't even look great as a standalone piece. I mean, it's not train wreck bad...but it's not exactly well done either. It's like they got the price mixed up between the weathered yellow and this...this shoulda been the discounted $400 set and the yellow should have been the premium up-charge set...

Lucky for me, I wouldn't buy it even if done right, even at the $400 price tag because it doesn't go with the rest of my collection and i don't have space for a standalone piece...and $400 is still a decent chunk of change. But it is a total missed opportunity if TW doesn't put out a green set in the same vein of the yellow. And if they do, there's going to be a lot of butt-hurt customers that bought into this set!

2. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yep agree. I bit and bought. I’ll sell it once I get it in hand and evaluate it. If imho it’s trash there are someone out there who will take it off my hands for a small discounted price.

3. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

And, to be fair, it doesn't look like trash. It does seem an epic failure on what it COULD have been, though. And it might look better in hand, like is often the case...

4. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yea. I’ll have to see. For sure they switched their marketing plan because the two were very similar. The dark green of the cell should have been the prominent color on the weathered. For sure the greedy little elves employed by TW are working feverishly right now on the next Constructor. It will be dubbed The Perfect Weathered Edition. LOFL!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. mrspingly

mrspingly Well-Known Member

I just looked at these old pictures again and sighed at what could have been. They are so much better than the garish thing that came out.

twc07g-constructor-green-weathered-01.jpg twc07g-constructor-green-weathered-03.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  6. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    welcome to photo editing.

7. Tormatron

Tormatron Well-Known Member

Damn ya'll making me regret picking the weathered version(on the suggestion by a friend who hasn't yet dabbled into masterpiece collecting, yet. Not sure why I listened to him.) No green thighs really sucks as well. I guess I can always sell it. I'd hate to still be holding it and then seeing a version closer to the earlier photos.

8. Nicorobot

Nicorobot Well-Known Member

Okay, THE KING is here.

I’m a bit shoked because i wasn’t prepared to meet something of so big, complex and detailed: i have owned only MP-01 Optimus Prime as masterpiece until now – and it’s good – but this… GASP!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: 

No matter how many pictures/videos you can see on the internet, you will never realize how beautifull it is if you don’t see and manage it in person.

The paint job by GUNNER is what puts the Constructor TW-C07F on another level: it doesn’t seem something plastic made, it seems a wood sculpture.
    I think it could be the best Transformers toy ever produced. Seriously, what else could be better than this? I really don’t know.

On the bad side, now i’m discovering what the notorious “QC issues” are: on Scavenger’s arm, one rotating articulation was a bit out of its seat (a kind of dislocation), so i had to press it in using a tool. Also, one small pin had an exta edge and it didn’t fit into its hole, so i had to remove the surplus using another tool.

VERY IMPORTANT: there are movable parts that are not easy to join: they are many and they are very thin, so you must be very carefull when you move them if you don’t want to cause a break. Of course there is a bit of tolerance, but don’t force too much.
    This is really not a toy for children.

Please, wait for the pictures because they are another thing not easy to do. I also want to find a decent background for this astonishing Dirty Yellow. :D 

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  9. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Party time!!! Congrats!!:D :bowdown: :rock 

10. Nicorobot

A few pictures of my two Devastators – the older one is of course original, the one my parents purchased for me when i was a child:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pictures by Marika

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 16
  11. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster No relation to the Autobot, ironically. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pouring one out for your Devy, Nic. Wishing you the best.

EDIT: Oh wait you got him just now, haha. Love the looks!

Really sucks about all those mail problems, even though I can't personally relate. Hate to sound like i'm bragging and i'm sorry if it comes off as such, but speaking from my experiences, I mainly get my stuff either from USPS (everyone who isn't BBTS) and FedEx (BBTS) and have absolutely no problems. Can't really say for UPS, but my family usually has gotten packages from them without a hitch.

12. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well I would say that there are different opinions about him so definitely don't go by what we say. If you like the design that is a good thing; however, if you have regret your purchase even after having it in hand then yea you can always find someone who will be delighter by the paint scheme. Once he dries up there are always latecomers to the party who will pay am premium to get something even if it is preowned. My take on this...

13. Nicorobot

Well, they delayed just a few days, but the package was in perfect shape when i received it. So it’s okay. The fact is that i was very impatient.

As i wrote in the previous page, the main issue with the big Companies is the way they manage their business: if you have a problem, it could really start a neverending story for you.

Junk, i'm one of those! :lolol 

14. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    :D :lol :mail Better late than never my fiend.

15. THE dAY

THE dAY Well-Known Member

Anyone recognize this scene?
    Constructicons Rising.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  16. Nicorobot

I think it could be the one in the first episode of G1 third season, just after the movie.

17. THE dAY

Well that could be, I don't remember that episode.
    What I was trying to emulate was the cover of 'Transformers Galaxies: Constructicons Rising' cover.
    Btw, Scrapper in the background is standing on a dish heater w/cover laid down. Mixmaster's stick is a parker pen refill. Yeah I know, I got to get better props!
    comparo.jpg

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  18. Nicorobot

Maybe i'm wrong: the scene i’m talking about is into the episode The Five Faces of Darkness - Part 1, when the Constructicons are on the Chaar planet fighting each other, and then against other Decepticons, for some energon cubes.

But your image remided me of this one (and the Constructicons aren't there):

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. THE dAY

Lol that does look similar because of the resting poses.
    I mean how often is there a scene with these guys just resting around.

• Like Like x 1
  20. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    So I’m giving till the end of August to see if my OG arrives. @ShowZStore is a good fella and will refund me if it got lost. There may have been some kind of error considering I had 3 Constructors shipped at the same time and only two made it. It happens. At least I’m covered.