Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. THE dAY

THE dAY Well-Known Member

2 out of 3 ain't bad... I'm just kidding:D . Losing a package that expensive kinda just sucks.
    Where was the last place it was tracked?
    I'm surprised they can misplace a package that big!

2. Nicorobot

Nicorobot Well-Known Member

From GUNNER's webpage on Weibo:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tormatron

Tormatron Well-Known Member

I am faced with another dilemma. Already having a weathered constructor, i now have a choice between a constructor perfect edition, or a takara mp-44. I have watched reviews of the mp44 and it looks great with great accessories, but the transformation seems like a hassle, the altmode leaves something to be desired, and that back kibble is unsightly. I was thinking it wouldn't be a bad thing to have one "normal" constructor alongside my weathered one. Any opinions?

4. Reygn

Reygn Banned

When concerning MP-44, there is a knock off coming out soon. It would be a good way of getting the mold, without breaking the bank.

5. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Depends on your collection. PE is the most toony Constructor, albeit you're going to have to strip the thighs of the silver paint to really hit the aesthetic. The rest of the pros and cons are the same as any Constructor, so I won't dwell.

PE is my only Constructor, and I think he'll be my only Devastator. Although I'm a toon accurate collection guy, the real world aesthetic of bots that form combiners doesn't bother me because I keep them combined. Hell, I've got Zeta Bruticon for crying out loud... okay, so I've got a couple of mods on it, but still. As such I've little desire for a TT or FT version of either. Ditto for Kronos.

MP44 is amazing. The transformation is pure Masterpiece, but that does mean it's not a fiddler of a figure, you need to take your time and you won't be popping him back and forth twice a day.

The back is slightly larger than the toon, people forget he had a box on his back, and isn't particularly bad in hand. Yes it could be smaller if they hadn't insisted on the voice box.

He looks like he just stepped off screen, in both modes, which is specifically designed. If you want more real world aesthetic to the alt mode, MP10 is what you've got for that.

The only negatives are the knee issues that are easily avoided and/or remedied, and the paint being easily rubbed during transformation and potentially scuffing. If you avoid those issues it's an out of this world cartoon version of Prime.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tuv1305

Tuv1305 Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting on my weathered green from Baba. It made it as far as New York back on July 6th and that's where it's stayed. Not his fault but given the fact this is the most expensive package I've ever had shipped I hope it does eventually make it here ok.

7. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    MP-44's transformation is really not bad. As beautiful as Constructor is, I'd pick up that prime before getting a second constructor unless you had maybe a T&E Prime already.

8. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

True but here Scrapper stands like a boss ;)  ,finally,when in s3 was too much a background character and Bonecrushed talked too much . Very nice pose for with these bots anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  9. THE dAY

THE dAY Well-Known Member

Great artwork in that comic, not only Scrapper but all of them look great.

Here's Scrapper again, this time not so much a boss!
    For those that like the cell shaded look, these little Kids Logic Constructicons have a pretty close color scheme.
    KL TF04 Scavenger 1.JPG KL TF04 Scavenger 2.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  10. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime. To me it just seems logical to cover your bases before doubling up.

11. Tormatron

I guess I should have mentioned that I already have a mp-10 metallic painted in toon colors(red/white) and also, whichever figure I choose, I'm not paying anywhere near retail price for, so that doesn't factor in any way for me.

12. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    There's a reason I didn't say mp10 though lol

13. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Why not MP44 KO and get the perfect edition? Just a suggestion unless you need the official Takara and the trailer. I can understand that. I got MP44 for 270 minus his box. He’s ok. I’m gonna get the KO and might just sell off prime for like 150 or so. The perfect X edition is really cool and it’s a lot easier to transform. The painted editions are a bitch to rotate because of all the paint used. I have an X I have never opened that I’m going to sell to a US buyer, but I can’t compete with some retailers because their price is less. Costs a lot to ship. I got two and need to sell the other. I have the weathered on the way from Showz and I have the cell shaded too. I’m on the fence on the cell. Part of me wants to keep it. Hell. I don’t know what I’ll do. The same goes for the weathered. If I don’t like the paint colors in hand I’ll sell it. I know there has been a great debate on the color being light, but I think TW went lighter on the green because a dark weathered green may have been too similar to the cell shade. My guess. Good luck in your decision. MP44 KO and the X version would be a nice combo. FYI.

14. Nicorobot

I can’t do any comparison, but the Dirty Yellow isn’t bad: for example the rotation of the torso is good. The articulations of arms and legs also work just fine in my opinon.

If you keep it, please, contact me, you know why. :drool: 

You know my opinion is totally different than yours. Only the time will tell who is right. :duel 

15. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    My fiend, it’s quite alright if one of us likes it and the other doesn’t. LOFL. Matter of taste imho. I’ll have to see it in hand. There is also the bigger issue of getting some money back into my account. Those three bots represent a lot of cash that can be used for more purposeful and necessary stuff like groceries. Bwahahahah!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nicorobot

No, i meant that, in my opinoin, ToyWorld changed the color scheme on Old "Green" becasue they want to produce a "perfect" weathered edition later. They are crafty!

17. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    LOFL. True that my friend.

18. Tormatron

Fair enough, lol.

I just found out about the mp 44 ko this morning. Intriguing option. I don't need a trailer, I don't have room for it in my display, anyhow.

I agree. Thanks everyone for the replies. I think I am leaning towards the PE constructor for now.

19. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Good luck and have fun!

20. CapnMagic

CapnMagic Active Member

Thinking of grabbing a PE Constructor as one is supposed to distribute this month via TFSource (though of course we’ll see...).

Is there an easy go-to list of its flaws/fixes to be aware of? I’m about 964 pages late to the party and while I’m sure the information is somewhere in this thread...I’m intimidated.