Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. johnnycage46

johnnycage46 Well-Known Member

My vote is old green final version. I really love that shade of purple and with the weathering I don't hate the silver/grey thighs. I think the yellow version would likely be a more realistic color for real-life construction vehicles but I need my Devastator green.

• Like Like x 1
  2. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    A version that doesn't exist...

- proto green shade
    - final purple shade
    - proto toon head
    - final silver thighs

If I had to pick one, I'd say prototype. The green shade and toon head
    trump the purple and silver thighs.

3. johnnycage46

It looks like from in-hand pics in this thread that the proto toon head is included. So only thing missing from your list is the proto green shade. 3 outta 4 ain't bad!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Somechump

Somechump Well-Known Member

Pants swap
    IMG_20200417_135217.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    You're fortunate, mine has been stuck in Shanghai since 3/6.

6. HotRod2010

HotRod2010 Member

It looks like mine got delivered already to my work place, I'll pick it up tomorrow :) 
    Mine was also shipped on 3/6.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Bainreese

Bainreese Well-Known Member

Does anyone have medal tracks they want to sell?

8. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    If anyone is interested in a perfect edition MISB PM me and make me an offer.

9. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    So why you selling it? Was it a spare or did you have a change of heart. I have been toying with the idea of one. I have the metallic and the first dark purple one and this one seems to be like a mixture of the two. Just curious

10. johnnycage46

I got my shipping notice from tfs express for the weathered/battled damaged old/new green, with an anticipated delivery of next Friday to here in NY state. As another poster mentioned it looks like there are 2 left at tfs express. If anyone wants to fork over the extra money for expedited shipping it appears you will likely receive the set pretty quickly, all things considered.

11. mouschi

mouschi Well-Known Member

Scratch what I said before - tfs express just emailed me saying they don't know when it will get here, and offered to allow me to pay $72 more for 3 day delivery. Nope. Not for me - if I stick to my guns getting it, I'm going to wait it out.

12. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

You guys are better than I am. I don't mind waiting for something if I know how long that wait is. When it's "We mailed it, it'll show up someday" I tend to get anxious. I always end paying a local vendor so I can have it in a couple days with regular shipping.

I wish I could do that because I know the savings is pretty good.

13. Aaronstampler

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I’m trying to get funds for the cel-shaded version

• Like Like x 1
  14. mouschi

Since I already have the cellshaded and yellow dirty devy, it helps my patience ... but probably mainly because i'm not a huge transformer collector. If it were a baseball card I really wanted, I just might fly out there to pick it up! LOL

I cannot fault you for this ... the cell shaded is incredible! He stands next to me watching over me work about 2 feet away at all times.

• Like Like x 2
  15. mouschi

A VERY good question. The old green prototype looks extremely nice, but the yellow dirty devy at this point has to be my favorite. It just looks so realistic, including the yellow paint. Very few pictures out there do it justice. Keep in mind I don't have the new old green in hand yet, so that could change. I want to say I'll fall in love with its depth, but that remains to be seen.

With as cool as the old old green looks, I think I like the new old green more just because of the variance. I don't know if I'd want both a weathered yellow and green, if that makes sense.

16. Aaronstampler

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I have a few questions for anyone who has the new cel-shaded version in hand. Is that anyone here besides @mouschi ?

A) is QC as good as the so-called perfect version?

B) How hard are metallic treads to install?

C) Is the cel-shaded paint a threat to rub-off or fade with transformation and handling wear-and-tear?

D) I’ve got Toyhax stickers for TW Devy. Would they be impossible to apply here for fear of ruining cel-shaded effect?

If anybody who can shed some light on these things, I'd greatly appreciate it.

17. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Here are your answers. I can’t compare to perfect, but I will say I had to take his waist apart and sand it because it was so damn tight. Came out pretty good. Now he has waist rotation. I also got one that had a busted ratchet inside the waist that moves him when you tilt him at the waist. Luckily, I have other constructors so I disassembled another one and I made a copy of a good ratchet wheel using a mold. The factory ratchet wheel will go in my cell shade and I am putting my mold copy back in my own constructor. I’m doing this because I’m selling the cell shaded one and I don’t want someone to think I’m screwing them by giving them a duplicate part. Those were the major QC issues

Now let’s talk about movement. OMG! Talk about a freaking nightmare to move some things. For example. I had to use a buttload of force to move Scrapper’s shovel in place for leg mode. And so overall, if you intend to transform these bad boys into vehicle mode you may be in for a nightmare of an experience. Perhaps my set just had a lot of paint. I think someone in this thread recently stated that they had to disassemble them and sand them down to make them move. No thanks. And that is why I’m selling mine. I’ll have pics posted in the forum soon so hit me up if interested. It will be cheaper than what you have to pay for a new one. He just needs a new home and I need cash for the dirty green version.
    I can’t comment on sticker application.
    The metal treads are ok, but IMHO not all that they are cracked up to be. I was like meh, ok. The plastic ones are better, but that is me. And I will say that the extra paint made the treads a pain in the freaking ass to keep together. Could be just my copy.
    Hope that helps.

18. Aaronstampler

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    you've saved me a lot of money and heartache. I'll just keep the perfect edition I got. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Daedelus

Daedelus Know sacrifice, know victory

This is what makes me nervous for the Old Green. I like the detail, but I still want all the articulation. Doing surgery aint my thing.

20. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yes me too. Let’s hope that the application is not like the cell shaded. IMHO, the painting process is probably more intense versus the one that was done by gunner on the dirty yellow version. Let us hope the same holds true for the OG version.