Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Okay--sounds like the basics with ratchet parts and springs--had to mess with stuff like that before. I actually do have a cutting tool for thick wire, like you get on wire hangers. Perfect for cutting springs, so it should be pretty easy then. And I have some RC motor grease myself that is plastic safe I've been using for years, so definitely have that down.

Thanks for the info!

• Like Like x 1
  2. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

^junkbot has some excellent advice in regards taking apart the mechanics of the piece. All did was swap the pieces. If I did have the version 2 and the extra pants, I definitely wouldn't have taken apart anything to try and fix it, I am ham-fisted and not very mechanically inclined at all and I would be afraid on breaking something.

Anyway, good luck and hopefully your x version is good QC wise but that sounds like a longshot at best.

• Like Like x 1
  3. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Sure thing man. Once you pull them apart it's a breeze to perform your surgery on Constructor. I would encourage anyone who is having the same issue to do this. It's really not that hard at all when you see what is inside the joint. Have fun!!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Arycon

Arycon Well-Known Member

If you arent already doing it make sure to pull the upper arm bots out, away from the shoulder. You will feel the spring wanting to pull the arm back toward the socket. Pulling gently back on the bot eases up the locking mechanism. Pull on the bot while supporting it between the body and upper arm bot, then turn the shoulder up or down. Pulling out against that spring tension is key to making the shoulder turn properly. It's so tight so those big arms dont droop.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    Got my shipping notice for the perfect edition from ShowZ today.

• Like Like x 4
  6. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh my God, I caved....

I have my first Constructor arriving! I ordered the Perfect Edition today from a solid seller on eBay that I've used before.

He's shipped it UPS and it's actually now due to arrive tomorrow! Can't wait to get him up and standing with his cohort of Zeta combiners... plus I've got the trailer for XTB's Menasor to come and I'm only missing Defensor for S1/S2 combiners :D 

• Like Like x 2
  7. Subdurmal

Subdurmal Well-Known Member

How tall are the contructicons? Do they scale with siege characters?

8. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Don't know the height, but they don't scale with Seige toys. I'd say each is about MP seeker size.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Subdurmal

How many inches roughly tall? I don't own any MP

10. Subdurmal

Thank you.

My they are big boys. But so beautiful. I want a devastator but so many look bad in individual bot modes.

11. Pool5555

Pool5555 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Tf meetup in San Jose. Included is my Cel Shade Devy next to Ultima guard Omega, Fanstoys omega and zeta/Unique toys mashup bruticus.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  12. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Honestly, I never have them in bot mode. They are too big, but of course that is the trade off. I am perfectly happy with them in combined mode because I don’t have enough space for them individually. Just makes sense for me. Most on here I would imagine leave theirs in combined mode. My guess..

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pool5555

Pool5555 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Agreed... No I intention of using the set I have for For bot mode. Actually purchased a separate green Twco7 set all in bot mode if I really need to scratch that itch

My unearth has those issues I think you were addressing. Combiner port for the arm ratchets are so tight the ratchet wont even move.
    I got the port out but I can see the mechanism housing the ratchets is bulging...might have to take it apart and try to fix it if its even possible.... but at the same time this guy will just be sitting in a display more than likely forever.... fucks up my resale value....

Attached Files:

14. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Yeah, kinda like zeta, I didn't buy them for individual bot mod cause the combined form is greater. Only.one that tempts is Scrapper. That's a hella good bot mode imo.

• Like Like x 2
  15. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's the problem with Zeta/TW, the individual bots are fat, blocky figures that look like ass. It's clear when designing the figures, the gestalt mode was the main focus. Yes, all of their combiners look sweet in combined mode, but I need something that looks good in all 3 modes. Hoping this is where Fans Toys excels with their Stunticons and Aerialbots. And now I have to show my way out of this thread as to not be tempted in picking up Constructor.....if TW ever did a weathered green version though.....

16. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
  17. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  18. Arycon

Arycon Well-Known Member

OK. Just to make sure. Excuse my crude quick drawing but are you turning the shoulder, or trying to pull it out and then turn, but it wont turn?

This pic is crude, but you should hold the arm bot all along the red area around the shoulder joint. With the joint locked into Hook in combined mode, you should be supporting the bot as mentioned and pulling the entire arm bot away from the main body. That releases tension on the ratchet. You pull out, then turn. If you're pulling the arm this way but it isn't turning then that is def a problem.

553741BA-C83E-4725-94FC-1CCAC5BA24C5.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  19. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Agree. Scraper is pretty damn cool.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Constructor-X has shipped from ShowZ! I can’t wait to see this guy