Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean BBTS gave a heads up to anyone who would be affected so they could ship their loot before the deadline. It's not hard to search your entire user database by state of residence and send a mass email, should be pretty basic task for an online store.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt Well-Known Member

it's not hard to pay attention and see if you are being charged taxes before you complete your order either. is personal responsibility that hard that people expect everything to be done for them?

3. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Once taxes are being charged you can't avoid that. The point of a heads up is so give people the option to ship their stuff before the state date of the tax changes. By your logic you wouldn't have that choice at all.

• Like Like x 1
  4. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

If you stack and queue stuff, it is only at shipping time and where you want to ship it is when tax is determined. If you add an Oregon Address, then your tax will be zero.
    One could, arrange a shipping Proxy that resides in such a state with zero sales tax. This costs money too of course, but in the long run with lots of packages (and some consolidation), one could save hundreds (or thousands) on your total online shopping during a year. For a serious business buyer or collector, this is a good solution, especially if they live in a state with 10% or more sales tax.

I think as different states became part of the law due to the schedule laid out, retailers have been struggled with notifying customers properly.

It is the worse law to hit to the American consumer and E-tailers alike. Great for overseas E-tailers. Thank you big government.

5. 630509

630509 RuptureFarms dismembers

Yes. How completely stupid it would be for a company to email their buyers in advance to let them know the date and time that new taxes would be taking effect. Oh my god. That is so dumb. You're right. Companies never mass email their customers with news, or updates, sales, or for any reason at all, ever.

Do you just have absolutely so little going on in your life that you have nothing better to do than to create arguments with random people who aren't even talking to you on a Transformers forum?

Seriously, guy, find something else to do with your time. Your constant nonsense gets really old, really quick. Especially when you turn around and try to act like you're always the victim. I'm just going to go ahead and place you on ignore now, because god forbid I have to waste one more single second of my life having anything to do with you or your trivial, petty bickering.

P.S. Your "more intelligent approach" is, without a doubt, unquestionably the most half-witted thing that I've read all day and I've spent a good chunk of my day in Facebook comment sections.

:rolleyes2  :rolleyes2  :rolleyes2 

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt Well-Known Member

thank you for the personal attacks, I expect nothing less.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chirulazo

Chirulazo Well-Known Member

If I remember well, BBTS did send an email a few years ago, letting customers know they would start charging sales taxes for certain states that requiered them to do so. I welcomed that email, sinced it allowed me to move certain preorders to other etailers.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I think it's pretty much unanimous that TW is milking the crap out of the Constructor mode. That doesn't however mean that they aren't going to charge you the max price people are willing to pay. I mean, the multiple versions aside, the 6 individual MP sized figures are all pretty solid on their own (albeit with a lack of diecast) but would probably cost around $100 per figure sold individually. Plus they combine. So a $100 x 6 = $600 is kind of what I'd expect for a set like this. I can't remember but I think I paid maybe $550 for my first set, but have since gotten some of the other sets for cheaper during various sales.

I think any Constructor set that is close to the G1 Green colors, TW knows people will pay more, so they just charge more. I doubt anybody is happy about it - but it's their company and their pricing, so we just gotta pay up or watch from the sidelines...

I love the cell shaded stuff. I don't think there is anything wrong with a couple tasteful stand-alone pieces. However, I guess we all know how that goes (i.e. turns into a full secondary collection).

With respect to the TF Source exclusivity deal... you guys know how it works right? All those TFCon exclusives you see, certain of the DX9 Legends Optimus Prime Repaints (Nemesis Version & White Version) - I consider them all to be 'store exclusives'. Doesn't really matter who approached who - but generally the manufacturer will make some special variant, the retailer will agree to purchase X number of them at X price - both parties agree and the deal is done. If it doesn't work for both sides (ie. price isn't right, retailer is not buying enough), the deal dies.

It's a great way for the manufacturer to produce a small batch all for one retailer, have only one retailer to collect money from, and for the retailer to get something special in that they don't really have to compete with other retailers on. No point in hating on TFS or TW for doing it this way.

It'd be like hating on TCP or A3U for bringing in some of their cool Planet X or MMC TFCON exclusives... I mean, better that these figures exist than to not exist if you ask me...

• Like Like x 3
  9. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Maybe the first time was 9 years ago, but they've been hit several times since. I think last year was maybe the 4th time I'm aware of. There was the first time about 9 years ago that was big news, again around the same time of the Sony hack, again after that where it was an 'OMG, how do they keep getting hit' moment...and then again last year after a decent stretch of no issues. Those are just what I can recall. Here's the thread from last year's:

Tfsource security

As far as using Paypal with them, I believe you should be as safe as using Paypal anywhere else...so reasonably safe.

• Like Like x 1
  10. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I can confirm the breaches has happened more than once. I was hit last Christmas. The other time was 9 years ago but with so many (all companies like HD, Target, etc), there might of been one in between there too with TFS. RK got hit too but they got hit some how through PP because payments were being re-routed I believe???

11. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

It can happen anywhere and with any system or provider. Just the way it is these days. Banks are better with customers now too. You can have an E-mail on every charge done on either online or at retail or both.
    Worse case, your card is frozen for a bit. IT Security is a tough job. Many E-tailers and Retailers big or small aren't up to it.

The banks take the hit unless the retailer is out of PCI compliance or E-tailer doesn't comply with card not present regulations; then it falls on them to take the hit; not the consumer. The banks are the ones that have a vested interest in security. They have pushed back on liability on chip and pin / tap, but that is only for retail.

I still eat at restaurants that have a mag stripe reader. I still pump gas at gas stations that have a non-tap non-chip mag stripe reader. I still shop at Home-Depot Tfsource and Target online and at retail. I still use my bank that was socially engineered to do a tele-transfer. I didn't lose any money when my card was compromised. Just lost time.

A mortgage broker or car dealership take credit card information down like it was done in the 80s and 90s. It is probably still jotted in a notebook or calendar.

My point is , don't let past compromised payments issues at vendors or retailers make it a major deterrent ; especially on an item that you want sooner than later.

Who knows; Robot Kingdom might be the next TW Exclusive. :) 

12. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Considering the number of times TFsource has been hit, it is a major deterrent. Like I said a couple pages back...

13. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

2 times over the course of almost a decade?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  14. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

Is 4 per decade enough to avoid them?

15. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

I count only two and the second one being a controlled breach.
    4 breaches would be slightly eye brow raising.
    Around 9 years ago and the end of 2018 is what I'm reading.

16. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I just said there are at least 4 instances I can recall. Is that reasonable for a business? I dont think, but you're welcome to try your luck.

17. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

You said but... don't see it. guess you are going have to spoon feed me. I count 2 over the span of a decade.

18. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Whatevs. You can find the other breeches here if you dig, I'm sure. I'm not going to do the work for you. I don't care if you shop there or not. People have been warned...I've done my part.

19. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

:) 

20. Big Hache

Big Hache Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They did and there was discussion here on the boards about it. Since then it seems BBTS has become a little more price competitive at least on some things. This tax law is going to cause businesses that are growing to shrink again.