Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

TFS Express cancelled my order too. Guess it's not meant to be.

2. RoDu

RoDu Well-Known Member

so the only vendor with the new version is the one that gets it's cc info hacked?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Srayleigh

Srayleigh Well-Known Member

Looks like it, and they are applying some pressure as Toyworld is going out of their way to tell all other retailers not to sell to US based customers at least until TFS works through their presumably 300 units in stock. I wonder if Canadian customers are lumped in along with us American buyers?

• Like Like x 1
  4. whodathunk328

whodathunk328 Well-Known Member

yeh, TFS express emailed me overnight, stating that they don't have the rights to C-07X and it is exclusive to other stores and will be removing the add

5. Chigimus

Chigimus Well-Known Member

My TFS Express order also just go cancelled. Did anyone else who order from Terry's or TF-Direct get their orders cancelled too? I'm trying to understand which stores this is supposed to be exclusive to aside from TF Source or if it really is just only them that's supposed to be getting it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    It's not like that isn't happening all the time, everywhere. Target, Capital One, fucking credit reporting bureaus. It's part of life. Get yourself a prepaid card or use paypal if you think it'll make you safer than just monitoring your credit and taking action when necessary.

#adulting

• Like Like x 5
  7. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

Man this is some sloppy exclusivity. Multiple retailers pop up with orders, people buy it, then toyworld or TFSource shuts it down and cancel everything.

Apparently it’s all North America on no fly list, and seems like only TFSource.

8. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Unless you're doing it yorself, I have to imagine it would cost a lot more to have someone paint it for you than to just buy it.

Wherever you buy this set, I would be sure the shop has great after-sale support...there's a good chance you'll need it with this set.

The difference is it has happened several times over with TFsource now. It happens once, they're a victim. It happens twice...maybe it's just shit luck. I don't even know how many times they're up to at this point, though, but they're clearly a target, and one that's apparently not doing something right to ensure it stops happening. You can use paypal...or you can use another shop. I've certainly heard worse reasons for people not to shop at a place.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Nifty

News Credits:
    Huh, just noticed that, if it ever does see release, the orange box set is back to $599.99 where it was $399.99.

Edit: No, when I put my preorder in, it was $299.99. Son of a gun.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Jenks

Jenks New Member

Anyone have G1 VERSION of UNEARTH & BULLDOZER they are willing to part with? Or a contact or reference where I can buy it from? PayPal ready! These are the last 2 I need to complete my G1 Constructor. I know they are rare. Thanks!

Anyone have G1 VERSION of UNEARTH & BULLDOZER they are willing to part with? Or a contact or reference where I can buy it from? PayPal ready! These are the last 2 I need to complete my G1 Constructor. I know they are rare. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2019
  11. Ebisu

Ebisu Member

My TFS Express was cancelled too. It’s super annoying as being UK based, ordering from The US or China will incur a 20% tax.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Srayleigh

I guess that means the exclusivity covers basically every territory west of Asia? That really sucks. Do UK/European buyers use TFS that much?

13. Leonwave

Leonwave Well-Known Member

i avoid u.s sellers where possible for anything, the shipping is pretty crazy a lot of the time and i find you get hit with taxes more often to so i myself would never use tfs being based in the uk myself

• Like Like x 3
  14. Srayleigh

Makes sense, I’m not well versed with how import taxes work out there but I did know they can take a big bite out of you if the shipment is structured the wrong way or if you’re buying from certain places. The shipping charges just add more insult to injury. This is shaping up to be an interesting case study in how exclusivity (and to a lesser extent import taxes, retail prices, and shipping charges) can bend or warp demand for what looks like a product with a good number of interested buyers. I just wish I wasn’t an unwitting and unwilling guinea pig for it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    What I don't understand is how this set isn't more affordable that this. They're milking the hell out of these molds and they're still charging $499? I actually kind of want another Constructor for the robot modes so I'd consider paying $399 which is what my OG boxset cost before discounts.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

I've read that transforming Constructor in combiner mode can be painful as happened with Quakewave for how some points are sturdy to separate from sections,is it true?Also some Constructicons in their bot transformation have same problem? Shovel doesn't seem difficult at least from videos...

Then I'll buy a Shovel as first thing but some Constructicons as Bulldozer or Unearth reported that have arrived with some pieces installed in wrong way..has happened rather often?

Thanks for your help.

17. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

There’s not enough support for cel shaded products to consider it either bandwagon behavior or a fad. It’s a niche product concept with niche support, and for companies that can execute small production runs of this market it is certainly worth pursuing. Enough people like the concept to make it worth pursuing for any company that can pull it off.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

Yeah I thinking looks cool but would never buy them because it would clash with everything else I have

• Like Like x 1
  19. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Yes, it can physically painful lol.

• Like Like x 3
  20. RondoCalrissian

RondoCalrissian Well-Known Member

It's not painful unless you complain about having sore thumbs for a bit. The transformations are simple and effective. Not complicated like MP-36. It's kinda nice that they are not complicated because I think they are simple so they are sturdier for combined mode. I feel that a simple transformation of a bot produces a more solid arm or leg to put load bearing weight on.

My advice for buying Constructor is the same advice I have for buying any 3rd party figures. Make sure you get it from someone reputable where if something bad happens, you can have some sort of guarantees or insurance.

• Like Like x 5