Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    RUB!!! You gateway drug to the supplier that is showz... ;) 
    I had the translucent yellow purchased from showz a year or so ago and then was refunded with store credit once it got cancelled. If there was some easy way to dip the green translucent into some sort of orange dye and end up with a quick n easy desired result, I’d probably take that green translucent off ya hands.

I was seriously considering getting a second set of the black and purple during their 11.11 sale so that I could potentially paint the black parts grey (an in-between version of shattered glass & some KOs made). I suppose the to paint or not to paint boils down to what you enjoy and what time boundaries you have around it. Is painting an enjoyable, stress relieving experience, or is it anything but relaxing? Are you typically pleased with the paintwork you do or do you prefer to commission or something else? Is that new look something you want to experience now/sooner or are you fine with waiting? Just my :2c:  on things to consider.

Perhaps can’t have too many devys, but possibly too many constructors?

The WSTs, multicolored KOs, legends, legends+ can be sprinkled around other areas of one’s collection (e.g. with citibots); but the volume that multiple constructors can occupy could prove... challenging. Perhaps Tetris level 9 height 5 skill level needed (for those old school NESers).

2. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You mean something like this?
    2BF84525-6624-40AC-98E6-84ABB8FF343A.jpeg

Way ahead of ya... well, more like 16-months ahead of ya.;) 
    8F546314-2A92-4A59-8668-09874EC0AC16.jpeg

I actually picked up a sealed set at the TFcon late last month.

66358D6D-2DE3-492E-8053-7C32B5716FB3.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

TFS express for me (canada). My credit card details are safe... I save a few dollars...but most of all, i don't have to support TFS.

4. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It looks like it’s gone from TFS Express, did you get an order in? TF Source has struck again!

5. Leonwave

Leonwave Well-Known Member

i was about to place my pre order on tf express this very morning, oh well saves me 400 bucks, man i'm not having much luck

6. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

I did. I hope it sticks.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Evolv3d

Evolv3d Well-Known Member

me too

8. mrspingly

mrspingly Well-Known Member

TFS Express have refunded my order, saying: "Unfortunately we have to cancel your preorder of ToyWorld TW-C07X Perfect Edition Constructor Set of 6. We were just told this product is exclusive to other store(s). Sadly TW didn't tell us this at the beginning, otherwise we won't put the list up. Apologies for any disappointing it has caused."

9. Leonwave

Leonwave Well-Known Member

but in one region though? lol

which stores? because if this is region specific i wont be buying any of there products in the future

10. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Agreed. I hate that that's a thing. Never cared for it myself.

11. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    I think that it's a band wagon fad is the more annoying part. Couple guys did some excellent customs, then the third parties jumped on bored with their half hearted repaints and sticker kits and then Hasbro watered it down further and mass produced it as a couple of WalMart exclusives. And people still are excited despite the effort required to make the scheme look good is long lost in translation.

I don't believe in the "bumping figures out of production slots" conspiracy but every damn version of this team that isn't the orange one feels like it cut the line to get ahead of the orange set.

12. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

TFS Express cancelled my order too. Guess it's not meant to be.

13. RoDu

RoDu Well-Known Member

so the only vendor with the new version is the one that gets it's cc info hacked?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Srayleigh

Srayleigh Grenade Juggler

Looks like it, and they are applying some pressure as Toyworld is going out of their way to tell all other retailers not to sell to US based customers at least until TFS works through their presumably 300 units in stock. I wonder if Canadian customers are lumped in along with us American buyers?

• Like Like x 1
  15. whodathunk328

whodathunk328 Well-Known Member

yeh, TFS express emailed me overnight, stating that they don't have the rights to C-07X and it is exclusive to other stores and will be removing the add

16. Chigimus

Chigimus Well-Known Member

My TFS Express order also just go cancelled. Did anyone else who order from Terry's or TF-Direct get their orders cancelled too? I'm trying to understand which stores this is supposed to be exclusive to aside from TF Source or if it really is just only them that's supposed to be getting it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    It's not like that isn't happening all the time, everywhere. Target, Capital One, fucking credit reporting bureaus. It's part of life. Get yourself a prepaid card or use paypal if you think it'll make you safer than just monitoring your credit and taking action when necessary.

#adulting

• Like Like x 5
  18. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Man this is some sloppy exclusivity. Multiple retailers pop up with orders, people buy it, then toyworld or TFSource shuts it down and cancel everything.

Apparently it’s all North America on no fly list, and seems like only TFSource.

19. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Unless you're doing it yorself, I have to imagine it would cost a lot more to have someone paint it for you than to just buy it.

Wherever you buy this set, I would be sure the shop has great after-sale support...there's a good chance you'll need it with this set.

The difference is it has happened several times over with TFsource now. It happens once, they're a victim. It happens twice...maybe it's just shit luck. I don't even know how many times they're up to at this point, though, but they're clearly a target, and one that's apparently not doing something right to ensure it stops happening. You can use paypal...or you can use another shop. I've certainly heard worse reasons for people not to shop at a place.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Huh, just noticed that, if it ever does see release, the orange box set is back to $599.99 where it was $399.99.

Edit: No, when I put my preorder in, it was $299.99. Son of a gun.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1