Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. PwrdOff

PwrdOff Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It seems like TW is just releasing a million different variations of this mold to cover their inability to ensure consistency between runs. I can sort of understand people double dipping for the different colors, or the weathered/cel-shaded variants, but I can't see why anyone who owned the original would want to buy the "metallic" version that only has a few chromed parts, or this new X version. Plus I'm sure there are plenty of people who want that definitive Devastator, but are still holding off because they are waiting for that future version that ticks all their boxes. I guess that FT Devy is still off in the distance somewhere, but at this point I think TW has flooded the market so thoroughly that any competitor would have to come out with a pretty amazing toy to get people to upgrade.

2. xKAINxCAINx

xKAINxCAINx Goonies Never Die!

Well just in case this is my best bet I’ve pre ordered the “perfect edition”. Should I find a used one for better I will just cancel and buy that instead. Tired of looking for this set xD hope there isn’t issues with this one though

• Like Like x 1
  3. Updraft27

Updraft27 Well-Known Member

Still love this guy!

20191028_144140.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  4. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

5. Somechump

Somechump Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt Well-Known Member

added it to my stack, will see if the voices in my head win out and I remove it before it is available.

• Like Like x 3
  7. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Seriously, I would not buy any 3rd Party figure as an investment or on the premise that the value will go up. It's certainly possible the value could increase short term while demand is high and supply is low...but as regularly as TW pumps out different versions of this guy, I wouldn't count on even that...but overall, 3rd Party just doesn't hold value long term. Whether it's due to a new and improved option that comes along or the line it fits with is no longer the 'in' thing, 10 years from now you're probably going to be lucky as hell to even get what you paid for any given figure. I can't think of a single early 3rd Party release that has big value today. There are FansToys figures from like 5 years ago that still command hefty price tags, but that will evaporate in an instant if/when a reissue happens, a new option (especially official) comes along, or MP is no longer the primary collector line.

Hell, it's similar with official figures even. Other than original G1, most stuff doesn't go for huge money several years later. It typically only goes for big bucks while it's still the relevant thing and supply is scarce.

• Like Like x 2
  8. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Tempting but I don’t have any QC issues with mine so I don’t know if it’s worth it. I would have to sale one of mine to justify it. Not sure. Also looking at the cell shaded and the OG version. Too many choices!!!! Egad!!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Nifty

News Credits:
    I'm never going get an orange version they promised all that time ago.

10. WheelJacksWrkShp

WheelJacksWrkShp Here goes nothin'

FansProjects City City Commander. I bought 2 for $50 each. Sold one a week ago for $450 shipped. BUTTT, I lost my ass on Hercules. Bought each figure 1 at a time. That was $100 + Shipping 6 times. It really depends on the character I think and the manufactures rep. But I buy because I want. I have bins full of can't sell bots. The reissues do kill most everything Hasbro has been good at doing that.

11. PwrdOff

PwrdOff Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The secondary market for 3P is like it is for lots of things, there are a small number of items that are consistently in demand and will command good prices whenever they go up for sale, and a bunch of undesirable junk that you pretty much have to pay people to take off your hands. I think Constructor mostly belongs in that first category, just by virtue of being the only somewhat MP Devastator out there, though that status could be usurped at any time if FT or someone else put out a better toy.

12. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Question: what are the color differences in terms of the original release and the P version? I know that the purple is, well, more purple/lighter from the original, but what about the green?

13. mags2424

mags2424 TT and 3P MP Advocate

Transparent pieces are red tinted not purple. I think the green is the same but never had the orginal in hand to compare.

• Like Like x 1
  14. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Wow! That's crazy! Congrats on finding a dumbass with more dollars than sense...you can easily find City Commander for less than its original retail price. Hell, I sold mine a few months back complete, with upgrade kit, and Classics Magnus for only $80...and it sat for a couple weeks before it sold. Looks like I also got 'top dollar' compared to other recently sold listings on eBay. Curious where you managed to sell one for $450...that's just insane.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  15. joshtheninja

joshtheninja Well-Known Member

16. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    So what exactly makes this version the "perfect edition"? All I've wanted was the original one with silver thighs and it looks like I just found my Xmas gift but figured I'd ask first.

Also, does the FansToys Superion look like it'll scale with this guy? They're the only 2 combiners I want right now.

17. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    I too wish to know the sucker's... I mean buyer's name. I've got lots of stuff they can buy for insane markups. :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  18. Srayleigh

Srayleigh Well-Known Member

TFSource is marketing it as having an improved barrel and vehicle tracks. Terry at Terry’s TFS Club had this up for preorder about a week ago mentioning these upgrades but sold out super fast. When I inquired with ShowZ about this re-release they said they’d heard nothing about it. I would anticipate this showing up at other retailers soon, although perhaps in limited supply.

19. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I won't even be greedy...they give me what I paid for my Classics collection, I will even give them free shipping!

20. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

It's GC's prowl