Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. 1mBr0k3n

1mBr0k3n Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    TW-C02B Unearth

• Like Like x 1
  2. FightingRooster

FightingRooster Well-Known Member

Preordered. Thanks.

When is it coming out?

3. 1mBr0k3n

YouTube:
    May 2019? Hopefully

4. 1mBr0k3n

YouTube:
    Today for mission: repair ToyWorld constructor rachet joint I'm going to try this plastic repair stuff. It's been a while since I've explored the depth and breadth of the hardware stores adhesive section. I mutilated this thing pretty good with the soldering iron so I wanted a way to rebuild mass. This stuff is the same as the JB weld, but half the price. Wish I knew a machineist who could make a new piece out of solid aluminum. IMG_20190511_104610.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. FightingRooster

Did you break Unearth too?

6. 1mBr0k3n

YouTube:
    Yeah, that's that picture for my avatar. I was lucky to get a replacement piece from BBTS, and my constructor has been fixed, but I'm still on a quest to try to repair this broken one. I'm trying to possibly find or potentially develop methods and techniques for repairing the constructor or other expensive toys that break because the replacement parts are so difficult to come by. BBTS was able to send me the peice because someone had returned one for another reason. I should've offered to buy the whole returned one. Why didn't I think of that?

• Like Like x 1
  7. FightingRooster

You know I just snagged a v2 . I’ll sell this set instead. Posted my set at the sales thread.

8. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Nice job dude. Good luck on the repair. Hope you are successful.

• Like Like x 1
  9. fleshling

fleshling Well-Known Member

You totally have a customer in me. There’s no way Scavenger and Long Haul make it without breaking. This is a great idea.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 1mBr0k3n

YouTube:
    I think we, and by we I mean you, can fix that part. It's hollow behind there, so it could be drilled out o except a pin or tiny screw to securely fasten the piece back on with some adhesion. are you skilled with and do you have tools like tiny drill bits, random extra tiny scews from other toy model kits, etc. you can do it. You could repair that and have a functioning constructor with a little bit of effort.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

After much reconsideration, I can't reasonably pick up this guy with all the QC issues that are being reported, and all the fixes you have to do. If TW wants my business, just ship the thing to me, disassembled, in parts, and I'll put it together.

• Like Like x 3
  12. 1mBr0k3n

YouTube:
    Hey man, I just want to point out that all the repairs needed for my toy have occured since I have owned it. I received it relatively problem free. Any repairs I describe in my posts have been as a result of my ownership. I'm not advocating for Toyworld's quality control, I speak only from an owner's standpoint who has experienced breakage while owning the product. Overall it is the highest quality and coolest toy I have ever seen in my life.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Arycon

Arycon Well-Known Member

Dude...I had that exact part break in the same place. I was trying to turn the arm socket rachet and didnt know it had to be pulled outward to ease tension on the spring inside of it. The rachet socket shattered on me. I ended up ordering a spare Unearth from Robottoybase. ShowZ said they would hit Toyworld for parts, but I didnt want to risk it. Now I have a full functioning Devy, and I'm very careful with it now.

Sucks about the brake. It's the QC that's putting me off buying an old green set. I friggin lucked out with my weathered yellow set. I really wish toy makers like this would sell certain pieces that see a lot of wear and tear as spares. Ideally shit shouldnt break, but sadly, it does.

Good luck with repairs.

• Like Like x 1
  14. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Even so, the QC on this set is pathetic. You're more likely than not to have an issue of some sort, whether it's minor or otherwise. I would absolutely recommend against purchasing unless from a trustworthy source that can tell you exactly what state the set is in (gently used) or from a retailer that will replace any necessary parts or accept a return for refund if you get something you can't correct on your own. It really sucks that this is the only viable MP Dev on the market, because TW sucks and doesn't deserve all the business they're getting by being the only option.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Hawkwave

Hawkwave Well-Known Member

If I thought there was a chance in hell for a different zeta sized devi I would wait to buy it. But constructor came out so ahead of the pack and the reviews were so glowing that I think almost everyone who would buy an MP devi bought this. So I either have to forgo a devi or buy constructor.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  16. 630509

630509 Dark God of Destruction

Does anyone know if the yellow TW-C07B was just a straight reissue of the earlier yellow TW-C07Y or was anything changed at all?

17. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    TW-C07B was the box set that included yellow thighs, lat fillers and purple Mixmaster barrel; TW-C07Y were individually boxed without the extras.

• Like Like x 1
  18. 630509

Thanks. I couldn't findd much information on them anywhere.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    No problem man. TW-C07Y was pretty much just the initial release recolored yellow. You had to buy the head, lat fillers, thighs and mixer drum separately just like the first run.

• Like Like x 1
  20. 630509

Sounds like TW-C07B is definitely the one to get then, especially if it comes with all the extra pieces.