Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. cooler36

cooler36 ...

Damn it....you're making me want this set again. I'd be all in for them if I thought their individual modes were as good as their Devastator mode.

• Like Like x 1
  2. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    ah much appreciated. I feel bad that you gotta dig through stuff now. :( 

I should just check mine and not be lazy. :oops: 

3. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I haven't been keeping up...so V2 is the best looking one so far?

4. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Depends what you like :)  I prefer the 'metallic' version. The upcoming dirty green looks awesome as well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. amja99

amja99 Well-Known Member

Anyone know if TF-Direct honors the preorder price even if there is a price change (increase) b/w the time you placed the order and the release date?

6. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I've never ordered from TFD...but I would have to assume if you preordered, the only way they'd change the price without notifying you is if the price went down. I've only ever seen where a shop asks you to pay more than what you prordered is when there's some kind of major mistake made in pricing, and in those rare instances, they always contacted the customer and give them the option to bail on their order.

• Like Like x 1
  7. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

When you pay for an item at an agreed upon price no retailer can arbitrarily force you to pay more regardless if it’s a preorder or not. There’s no difference from paying x for a preorder item and a retailer then attempting to force you to pay more before they ship it once it is in stock and you buying an item in stock and the retailer contacting you a day later and advising they will not ship it to you unless you pay more.

• Like Like x 1
  8. amja99

amja99 Well-Known Member

Great to know. Thank you!

9. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

That being said, a retailer can attempt to do so and it’s just a matter of how you get your money back if they do. My advice is always pay with PayPal as their six month dispute window exceeds most credit card windows.

10. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

That's not the OS Jinbao Predaking though right? I didn't know Jinbao made a normal sized KO of MMC's.

11. RL1701

RL1701 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yes, that’s the OS jinbao predaking.

• Like Like x 1
  12. inuborg009

inuborg009 Well-Known Member

So....

I got in normal yellow constructor and for the most part I love the set. The yellow looks a lot better in person, and all the figures feel nice. Actually to me they feel a bit nicer than my Zeta Aerial Bots. The instructions were absolute trash, luckily I followed Lazyaza's videos to get them from their mostly robot mode from the box, to vehicle mode, and tomorrow ill combine it or maybe robot mode THEN combine mode, we'll see. No issues besides some crazy tight wrist joints.....until I got to the last bot, mixmaster, I was following the video and got to the point where I couldn't get the arms close enough to peg together. After 10 minutes of moving parts around thinking I did something wrong, upon further inspection I saw that the right shoulder was misassembled and it wasn't sitting in the slot. So I unscrewed the back took the shoulder off, flipped it and then it was too tight to fit back on, so that had to be sanded. In my half sleep, stupor I realized I put the back, back in place without putting the head back in the channel....so I had to unscrew everything again x.x. Ultimately I got it all fixed and it too is in robot mode.

Also, was the yellow box set supposed to come with silver thighs? I got the lat pieces and the heel extensions fo Burden, but no silver thighs, I dont really care, I much prefer the tighs matching the body.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  13. Arycon

Arycon Well-Known Member

I ordered the weathered yellow set from ShowZ, and yellow thigh plates from TCP. I plan on painting the thighs with airbrushed silver, and using my model oils and powders to weather it. End result should come out a close match to the yellow weathered set.

Regarding ShowZStore...about how long does it take you US collectors to receive your order? I'm in Florida, if that helps any. ShowZ said 14 days average but curious how accurate that is.

Thanks

14. RL1701

RL1701 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Mine took about 25 days from ShowZ - but, that was at Christmas time. They are usually quicker than that.

15. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

wow i didn't realize the normal sized Contructor was so perfect size wise. FT is really going to have to knock it out of the park for me to opt out of TW's v2.

16. Arycon

Arycon Well-Known Member

Sweet! My weathered Constructor just showed up clearing NY ISC. Will prob have him by Friday or Saturday, provided he clears customs quickly.

Dang...still waiting on the materials I need to paint the yellow thigh pieces I bought. I'm itching to paint them up and beat em up so they match the battle worn look.

• Like Like x 1
  17. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Dude you will love him! i really think that this weathered one will look even better compared to the green weathered one. Lots of contrast!! Congrats and post pics!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nicorobot

Nicorobot Well-Known Member

In yellow dress it appears indeed more mad and aggressive, exactly like Devastator should be.

But, as I said before, watching and watching again both models, I realized that yellow is too much intense, while green looks much more balanced.

Of course it’s Just a matter of taste, and in any case we won’t be disappointed!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Marker

Marker Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the silver thighs only came w/ the separately sold figures, not the gift sets.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Arycon

Arycon Well-Known Member

Hence why I purchased a set of yellow thighs to paint up. I'm sanding them down now. My materials will hopefully get here Saturday. I'm going to primer the legs with Mr. Surface 1200, then I will put down a myriad array of colors in browns, oranges and reds to simulate rust. I'm going to use the salt technique where you dab water on areas you want worn and cover them in grainy salt. It adheres to the surface and can be painted over. I plan on spraying black gloss over all of that and then using Alclad II Airframe aluminium to get an awesome shiny steel look. When you use a toothbrush to remove the salt, the rusted undercoat will be visible and shows depth due to the layered affect. Then I will use oils to grime it up a little, and hopefully it will blend in seamlessly. I will post my progress as it goes.

• Like Like x 2