Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Its plainly obvious when the original Toyworld became Zeta, the leftover Toyworld tried to fix the few issues the first Constructor had by tightening the tolerances over9000. Something that doesnt work obviously. I am surprised that nothing on mine has broken or even got scarred. I literally clubbed a couple pieces and pulled/pushed others at full strength.....

2. pilot00

Prepare for one handed extermination! 51737756_247032182874383_3117141887383764992_n.jpg 51866004_809068022760938_98192250990755840_n.jpg 51710884_384239442127139_6845834607447769088_n.jpg

I cant understand, why the paint job gets lost on the pictures.

• Like Like x 4
  3. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Retailers continue to carry TW Constructor (in all it's forms) because buyers want it and continue to buy it. Retailers are in the business of making money and they'll keep selling as long as they are making a profit. I wouldn't expect any retailer to continue to selling a product if the hassle wasn't worth it.

I have 3 Sets of Constructor - A G1 V2 Boxset, the G2 individual boxed figures, and the G1 Clear Boxset. All have zero issues.

To the best of my knowledge, the G1 individual boxed figures had/has lots of QC issues - but I wasn't really aware of lots of grumbles on the subsequent releases. Not to say there haven't been - just saying I haven't heard about them. As always, I'm sure it may be a YMMV.

4. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Sounds like all those are earlier releases of the v2, though...where their track record still okay. Since the clear set...I don't think I've seen the same claim of zero issues.

5. pilot00

To me, as much as I love this thing, it sealed the deal: No more Toyworld.

And its not the fact that it had problems. No not in the least. For me and believe it or not, it is the fact that they dont respect their own work.

That thing is condensed awesomeness, not only in its looks but engineering as well. The way the robots transform and the way they combine is just pure genius and I dont give a rats turd about the parts forming. To have engineered such a thing, that is so awesome in every respect, make special editions out of it with everything taken into account to make it even more awesome (seriously even the damn manual is a work of art, and that mousepad is simply dope, I never cared for special edition stuff btw) and they didnt take steps to assure the damn thing is working as its supposed to.
    They dont respect their own work, and to me that simply means that the future releases will be following this trend. Which is a path I am not willing to follow.

All that said, I would buy it again if I knew I had to fix it again.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, I got the first run of the yellow set which had almost no QC issues and is sturdy as hell. It almost made me jump into getting a green set as well until I started hearing about all the QC issues.

BTW, I said almost no QC issues because I do have a problem with the combined modes right forearm's outer flap disconnecting from Scavenger at times. I recall reading others having the same issue, but don't remember if there is a fix?

7. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

The good news, though...if you're blown away by the design of this but can't get past TW's shitty, less than half-assed production...you're in luck! Zeta designed this set. Zeta parted ways with TW. I haven't bought any of Zeta's releases, but I'd bet just about anything that they put more effort into their releases than TW has been. It's nearly impossible not to. TW makes KFC/XTB of the past look good!

• Like Like x 1
  8. pilot00

I am aware. The problem is....I dont like certain aesthetic choices they made in Zeta. Take Superion for example: It is a darn thing of beauty. And then you look at the individual headsculpts.....Then again I had the same feeling for the headsculpts of the constructicons but up close they are great. So I might be mistaken in that.....

My original point was on Toyworld as a company though, not the designers themselves. But your point still stands ofc.

• Like Like x 1
  9. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I agree about Zeta...and think it applies to this set as well. I can't speak for the Zeta figures too much because I quit paying attention due to them straying from accuracy...but at least with this set, they seem to go for toy accuracy. I'm not sure if that's the case with their other stuff, too...at least when it comes to heads. I can't explain their deal where they just change the alt modes of some characters. But hey, thanks Zeta, it helped steer me away from collecting S2 combiners because their price was at least right.

• Like Like x 1
  10. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:

I'm confused. Do you have Constructor (the original or any of the repaints) or are you just sharing your opinion based on what you've read in the forums?

No judgment either way. Like I said, I've got 3 copies of this mold and all are OK. I haven't been following this thread that carefully to monitor for other QC issues/trends - so you may well be right. Was just wondering if you're speaking from personal experience with Constructor or.....?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  11. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Same issue with my yellow figures, and it was just a defective part. TFS sent me a new one which was fine.

12. Marker

Marker Well-Known Member

I had the same issue, but TFS was NOT able to help me. They did send me a replacement figure, but the replacement had the same issue and they said they couldn't help me further after I reported that.

13. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I have a v1 set...my only real issue was one figure was missing a thumb, which my retailer sent a replacement. I may or may not have issues with the back wheel hinges on Long Haul, but I was very careful with those parts and only transformed it once to bot mode, and then to combined mode. Haven't transformed it since. Oh, and I also had to do the sanding fix to the connection point of Scrapper and the hips to prevent permanent combination, which is a little ironic since I haven't taken them apart since...

As for my opinion on QC...I'm basing it entirely off this thread. The last few repaints and last run or two of the v2 green set, I honestly don't recall seeing ANYONE, literally, post they received a set with zero issues. Yes, some have reported very minor issues that wouldn't prevent their decision to purchase, but they still had issues nonetheless. I can't claim every set from recent runs has issues, but I can say I haven't seen it reported. Unfortunately it's rampant with this set and people should be warned when they order, only do so through a reliable retailer that will provide support if needed, and expect to have to do some sort of fixes via replacement parts or DIY if you buy it. It seems you're far more likely to have some sort of issue than not based on the experience of those willing to share from recent releases.

14. pilot00

Replacement figure for the flap only? Darn....Sorry it didnt work for you in the end, but thats darn good service. My hopes for Solving the Bonecrusher issue without the need to resort to surgery, suddenly went up by a bit.

15. pilot00

I think this statement is where it is. As I said, I spent with the help of a friend nearly 15 hours total to fix it. It was not a fun experience and it caused me to settle in the camp: Combine and forget the other two modes, which IMHO its really sad. I know the selling point is Devi himself, but the individual figures are great in on themselves as well. After the fixes they all work now but....

I cant stress enough that despite its issues, I would buy it again, but for anyone who wants to do so, they do need to know that they are going to spend a weekend fixing it and will probably require customer support for parts. My advice: Call on your friends that are handy with a screw driver and have time to kill, order pizza and spend the entire weekend in the house fixing that guy. Also make sure your fingers are not needed for the next couple days ;) 

P.S. Including the screw driver in the set, was a two way message :lolol 

• Like Like x 2
  16. Arsenal

Arsenal Cold constructed

Good God almighty...so much QC nightmares & blood, sweat & cursing to fix it. On one hand I need this devy to complete my list but on the other I don't feel like spending/ fixing this blasted masterpiece. Decisions...

17. pilot00

If it helps any: I would gladly go through the process AGAIN in order to have it.
    That said, it shouldnt be that way and its a damn shame.

EDIT: Damned be my addled mind, I already said that in my previous statement :p 

• Like Like x 2
  18. Arsenal

Arsenal Cold constructed

Lol! Well I'm just thinking out loud so to speak, I'm just low on free time due to work & for the price as you said no excuse for this QC. But damn I need this or the G2 version & bbts is getting it in eventually. Will it have the same "fuck it get it out the door now" QC like the disco devy? I'm on a precarious fence atm lol.

• Like Like x 2
  19. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Do you mean TFS Express or TF Source? Asking cause these are both referred to as TFS at times.
    If I get another figure, that would work, even if it had the same issue: you can always risk a more invasive procedure, and it it breaks, you the other one for spare parts.

• Like Like x 2
  20. pilot00

Hey! They at least put in a screwdriver, you inconsiderate person! :lol :lol 

You might be able to score the v2 in a good price, that could even justify the fixes (around 300 $)