Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yea I am in the same boat. A few days till mine arrives. So many issues for an item that costs almost $500!!! Disgusting

• Like Like x 2
  2. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    @pilot00 @junkbot
    Am I correct that you both purchased from TFS Express? If so, I wrote them two days ago of the issues I've had. They said they will help out, and ask for some additional details. So if you have issues just write them. TW have messed up, but TFS seem to have our backs. That's good, cause a happy customer is a returning customer.

3. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Actually bought from Showz and he is already going to contact TW for an issue I have with dirty boy. Now we shall see how disco dev comes out. Keeping all fingers and toes crossed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Ebay or the trade/sales thread on these forums are a good starting point. I don't think I saw him available in any stores for some time.

5. BigRan

BigRan Well-Known Member

@pilot00

Where did you purchase your Toyworld Constructor from?

6. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

TFS express.

Well I unboxed him today. Results are mixed.

Nearly all of them had minor issues which with the help of a friend we managed to fix.

Ten+ hours to fix that is. And not all of them.

Currently Scavengers combiner port doesnt want to move without excessive force. We have trimmed the ratchet itself, lubricated it, loosened the screws and still it moves only when it wants. I have run out of ideas to loosen the ratchet...If anyone knows about that feel free to chip in.

And the major problem:
    Bonecrusher. At first I thought he had no problems. Except that his arms on the shoulders didnt sit quite flash when in robot mode.

When I tried to get him back to vehicle mode, only under excessive force the arms will move to where I want them and.....return to a zombie like position. There is virtually no way they can be moved and stay where I want them.....I took apart the entire upper body, but nothing....
    Again if anyone has any ideas please chip in. I contacted TFS express, but I doubt anyone would be willing to exchange an entire figure for having locked arms......

Will try to combine him without Bonecrusher now.

P.S. Also missing Mixmasters missiles.

7. pilot00

Can you elaborate a bit more? You completely removed the black pieces? I tried that but there doesnt seem to be a normal way to do that.

Also any advice on how to loosen the ratchet?

We seem to be having the same exact problems: Locked Bonecrusher arms, unmovable ratchet on Scavenger and missing missiles.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 5:32 AM
  8. pilot00

Sorry for the late reply. I stayed up all night trying to fix the damned things. Thats good to know. They answered me two million questions and helped with shipping. If they can help with Bonecrusher and the missiles, they will certainly go on the top of my favourite sellers.

9. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    My bonecrusher combiner port ratchet is ok, however, you can get the spring out and compress it multiple times for a few minutes; it'll relieve the tension. This is how you could fix Trypticon's hips and DX9's Gabriel's... well, almost every ratchet ;P

As for the shoulder issue, only replacing the shoulder component (it seems that there is too much tension between the shoulder and the part its mounted on from what @razingstorm described) should suffice, without replacing the entire figure.

10. pilot00

Just to clarify: The combiner port on Bonecrusher is ok. The combiner port of Scavenger is what it had the problem. Though for combined mode it seemed that the laws of physics made it work just right. As soon as I attached him, it rotated just fine. Its when he is solo and you need to move the peg on the double ratcheted joint that causes the problem, namely it doesnt move at all.

Bonecrusher is having another problem though: His arms seem to have locked in place. Even If I force them, they just return back to where they want to be. Namely in a V shaped open arm pose. I started to call him Mr Huggy.... I am contacting Toyworld through TFS express to see if they can remedy the issue. If they cant, its surgery time...again.....

This thing has certainly busted my balls but once I got past the problems (pending Bonecrusher) and I combined it.......Well even the vehicle and robot modes are awesome but that damn combined mode.....It makes you forget all the ball busting experience at once.

And for anyone wondering about the paintjob: It IS metallic Green. Not Chrome Green. And the purples are not normal purple either (though not as the cement drum). Real life sight of it vs Pics are night and day, I cant understand where this yellowish hew is coming from the pics. If it didnt have the red windows (which IMHO are fitting and not bad at all) it would have been spot on toon accurate (for those that care about such things).
    The paint applications are spotless, I dont think I have better paint ap figures than these six....

• Like Like x 1
  11. pilot00

ΒΤW, if per chance anyone that received the latest verrsion, also received the missiles for Concrete (mixmaster), please post a pic. Some of us will find a use for it, TFS asks for pics for their procedure to procure parts.

12. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I sent them a picture of the place were they should be, I think that should be enough :) 
    I have the same issue on Bonecrusher.
    As for Scavanger: oh, actually I have a similar issue, but I don't think its a QC problem. The ratchets have to be tight to ensure that he can hold his arms. For transformation I just plug him into Hook who acts as fulcrum and set it in the appropriate position :) 

13. pilot00

Damn....Thats smart man, thats smart...I already felt dumb when I realise that it was really physics at play, I feel ten times dumber now that you said this :lol :lol :lol Seems like that Bonecrushers issue is widespread. You talked to them about it?

14. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I'm surprised with all the issues this bastard has that retailers continue to carry it. You'd think they'd get to the point where they'd tell TW to either sort their shit out or forget it.

15. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Only what I wrote above: told them about the issue, and they said they'll solve it. I think this may take some time, but I'm hoping they come through.

• Like Like x 1
  16. pilot00

You would be surprised how fast you forget everything once you put it in combined mode. Not that the individual bots are too shabby either.
    I spend the last 15 hours furious fixing its shit and when I put it together, squealed like a pig from joy.

Not that you are wrong in the slightest. Just saying.

• Like Like x 1
  17. pilot00

Good to know, ill put it in the same ticket with the missiles, when I open it.

18. MaxPower

MaxPower Well-Known Member

Wish I hadn’t read this. Lol
    Makes me want this set. I wonder if I can swap out the red clear plastic for the purple from my other sets.

How hard is it or is it even possible to paint the clear red plastic to clear purple plastic?

19. pilot00

I know there are pigments that are used over clear plastics to tint them. However I have no idea what the result would be, if its already tinted. I have been toying with the idea of using car window films but have not done so yet.

20. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

It is an awesome set, that I agree...but seriously, when's the last time someone bought one of these and had 0 issues? I get most people that buy don't post...but still, is there ANYONE out there that has bought this set the last few releases and had ZERO issues? Literally, the best case I've read the past few months is people posting they had minimal or correctable issues. That's best case! I just can't believe it's worth the retailer's trouble to offer these damn things...

• Like Like x 1