Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

With the last minute changes, it might end up pink......

Sorry for that, I am trying to entertain my angst at what appears to be a flop....

• Like Like x 3
  2. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Kind of like the transparent/clear yellow versions... Thinking Toyworld cancelled because of lack of interest.

3. inuborg009

inuborg009 Well-Known Member

Ah, okay. I know I'm super late to this set, but since I'm on the cusp of finishing Zeta Superion, I'm thinking he's going to need a buddy. After years of convincing myself I didn't need this set, I'm interested, but it looks like I'm just a little too late lol.

4. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Like I said, you can buy mine on ebay. Totally new.

5. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    OMG!! LOFL! That was a damn good one and I think he SHOULD be called "Disco Devy"! MF getting his groove on with one f'n shiny part is such a disaster for sure. WTF was TW thinking on this one? It's like they were bored as shit and decided to slap some glossy paint on him and said "ok now let's F our customer base because we know some dopes are gonna buy it just because it's really the only viable option out there"

TW truly has no shame..

:mad: :deadhorse: :thumbdown 

6. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks to Google translate (that has major problems with translating Chinese idiom) I've been following the comments on 【图片】TW完全版大力神到货,扛着坐地铁快累死了~【变形金刚玩具吧】_百度贴吧

There's additional pictures in the comments there.
    The owner fixed him - it seems that the waist swivel for combined mode would go in one direction and got stuck. The figure is not perfect, but the owner is happy with it. He mentions giving it "80 points" so I'm guessing that means 8/10. Nonetheless, the issues really dampened his enthusiasm.

I think that people who do not want to tinker with their toys should take this as a warning. Friendly reminder: it's risky to go at your toys with a screwdriver at the first sign of issues. If you mess something up that's on you, so maybe contact your retailer first.

If somebody knows Chinese, more details that are presented there would be greatly appreciated (or info whether I got the thing right or wrong).

Also, he comes with a epic mouse pad.

7. pidge1114

pidge1114 Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm still getting this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Purples and greens look correct and faithful to G1, and the metallic in the barrel doesn't appear to be bad when not shot inside the box with poor lighting and crazy reflections from dark surroundings.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Bezuul

Bezuul Well-Known Member

Don’t worry, that one bidder has you covered. Maybe don’t spam about your auction though?

• Like Like x 4
  9. RL1701

RL1701 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think I’m with you. I have the green Jinbao OS, but I really want a green constructor. So it’s either v1, v2 or this one. I’m agonizing over this decision and hoping this one looks really good in hand.

• Like Like x 2
  10. pilot00

Yeah me2.

Say to any of you who have shipping experience from china. I asked my retailer to switch the shipping company if possible. They agreed, marked the item as shipped, provided a link that so far does nothing for me, and asked me for 30$ +.....Is that normal? I mean to charge you afterwards?

11. byronicbluez

byronicbluez Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Usually the 30 dollar shipping comes in within a week. If they charged for that type yeah it is kinda normal.

12. pilot00

Just to clarify: Paid 122$ for initial shipping. And because I asked if they could swap company they ask for another 30.

13. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm not sure I understand. You switched from their Premium shipping to Standard? Who asked you for that, TFS or the carrier? You can ask them directly why this is. The only logical explanation I can come up with is that they send it using the previous method first, before you asked them for the change. From my experience if you change the type of delivery AFTER shipment (it is possible, I've done that actually), they do charge you extra.

Also, this is why I prefer to order from TFS' European stock. I find the fees for shipping from China exuberant, and there also is the case that you will have to pay customs and VAT. So constructor from China is $507, and the risk of an additional 27% (in Poland Vat for toys is c. 22%, custom fees c. 5%). So if they inspect the package, it will cost me c. $643. If I by from Europe, its c. $550, with shipment, and no risk of customs etc.

14. pilot00

I asked them for it. I dont trust the company they were using. I hadnt calculated a lot of things, before proceeding to this transaction, and halfway through it I got wind of it. But whats done is done I guess. Live to learn and all that.

15. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This happens. I too learned this the hard (expensive) way. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  16. pilot00

At least lets hope when it arrives here, it will be worth the hassle.

• Like Like x 2
  17. JunShoW1023

JunShoW1023 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hello, fellow tfw mates, well this is a bit sudden but I'm the OP of the Baidu post. To be honest, I'd never thought I'd see my post here..... But since some of you guys had been following my post, I'm happy to share my hands-on thought with you guys.:) 

First things first, apologize for my poor quality photos as they were meant for sharing instead of a legit reviewing.:oops: 

So, I ordered it a few weeks ago from my retailer for $2500 CNY (approx 370 USD), Yeah sure, could have gotten it for a bit cheaper but hey I'm on break, just wanted to spend on stuff I liked... :cool: 
    My out of box impression was actually pretty good, it came with epic box art, mega size mouse pad and with lots of accessories. So I shared my first set of photo, I've been quickly noticed by others that there is some missing part that TW will ship sometime down the road. (In my case, I'm missing mixmaster's missiles.) I spent the rest of the day transforming them into bot mode, my impression is that they are all stiff AF (especially Scavenger & Bonecrusher which I'll come back later) to a point where I broke a few nails and needed to use some tools. The bot mode themselves were pretty decent but still, I find them a bit too bulky to MY TASTE... (it kinda felt like an upgraded version of the CW ones.) Scrapper is probably my favorite due to its well-rounded proportion and maybe hook and mixmaster after that, also, I'm actually a bit surprised on how good Scavenger looks since I didn't dig his treadmill legs but it turns out great and actually makes sense. I posted the bot modes the next day and got some comments warning me that there's a chance that Bonecrusher's arm swivel will be stuck and had to be replaced, and guess what? it happens as soon as I'm trying to get him into vehicle mode. :cry Unfortunately, there's nothing I could do so far but the bright side is it still pegs together pretty well, so it will still look fine in vehicle and combine mode (but come on Toyworld...) I got the rest of the crew into their alt mode and I must say they look heaps better. I felt the bulkiness actually works better in their alt modes (sorry for not having some photos). Later-on I proceed into combing them and this is where most of the problems starting to surface. First of all, Scavenger & Bonecrusher's combining joint just refuses to rotate especially for Scavenger where I thought I'm going to break it. :banghead: :banghead: In the end, I had to remove the screws in order to rotate it. Second of all, the grey peg on the top the "pant" that connects to Longhaul is straight up installed backward, this is why I had my tool-kit around and even when I fixed it I still had a rough time pegging Long haul. Besides that I had some other problems such as thing don't stay in place (Scrapper's arm peg, Hooks' cockpit peg and Scavenger & Bonecrusher in general )and some balancing issues on top of that, I literally spend the whole weekend trying to put them together. So up till this point, does it mean it's a crappy set? Well, NO...actually. Despite all that fuzz, it actually looks really nice. With all the correct coloring and accessories, I still think it's still one of the top incarnates of dev-y. Sure it had heaps of problem and apparently, that's what Toyworld is known for, but at the end of the day, I still think it's a pretty darn good figure size, sculpt, paint and play-wise. I gave it an 8/10 not because of it ruining my enthusiasm, it could have been lower, but the combined mode had turned me around (plus that mouse pad is really dope). So this is my experience with the set, I'm just going to display it in combine form and I sure hope TW do send me the missing parts. I sincerely hope that my thought could help the slightest bit, and forgive me if I didn't get my point straight since I'm more of a consumer than a reviewer and I'm still pretty new at the collecting TF figures. Well Play nice & signing off.;) 

• Like Like x 12
  18. pilot00

So the missing part saga and the stiff joints continue to plague this......Gonna need to find some plastic lubrication it seems....

19. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    First off, welcome to the forum! :) 
    Thank you VERY MUCH for the clarification and information! Google translate really doesn't do a good job with Chinese. If these issues are widespread hopefully this post will help people who have problems with this set. Despite the problems, I can't wait for mine to arrive!

• Like Like x 3
  20. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

I have a problem free yellow set that I I’ve floated the idea of selling off now that I have a dirty set, which has a couple of issues that I expect Show Z to be able to replace; I considered picking up the metallic set but at this point I may just stick with the yellow set rather than push my QC luck.