Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got the figure late last year. But, they remained in Individual robot mode since I bought them. Haven’t had any time to transform them. But, it turns out they only offer free replacement for 30 days which is BS. I’ve never had that limitation at BBTS.

Thanks man. I did remove the heads on each figure. I cleaned and sanded them, put on a layer of primer. Let it dry, and then painted them. All of them except for Hook, and Bonecrusher. Bonecrusher I found out he was broken. Hook had a stripped screw so I carefully painted his eyes without removing his head. I finally got some free time to mess with these guys, and I just had to paint their eyes. I’m not a fan of light piping.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  2. JoeHavok

News Credits:
    Wait! That’s exactly what happened to my Bulldozer on my green set. How the heck did you fix the shoulder? Only one of my shoulders is frozen and won’t rotate. But, when I attempted to take the figure apart I still couldn’t get that shoulder to free up or to even remove it.

3. WyldeBill

WyldeBill You will ride eternal. Shiny and chrome.

Ebay:
    Disheartening so may QC problems with a big ticket item.

• Like Like x 1
  4. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I hear ya man. I think Constructor is a hit and miss for some. I got lucky. Hope they can help you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JoeHavok

News Credits:
    13BB6C6B-40D1-48FD-9EAF-3B7B8884E546.jpeg 277C864D-3F78-4428-B54E-850966559B53.jpeg 338F0F3A-F781-4ACA-8862-6DC491D5E91E.jpeg Finally figured out what the problem was. The post the shoulders rotate on are molded too thick. So it literally got stuck and started to twist the post off. I was able to take it apart and semi fix it. I had to scrape out the stuck plastic, and then put it back together with a partially broken post. So maybe I’ll be able to just get a new cab piece attachment from TF Source. What a pain in the ass.
    Other than that, the figures have been great. A few other posts I had to file down that were a little thick. But, overall it’s a great set.
    See pics above:

6. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

Seriously and this company got a second chance after the plastic was crap and the QC is just garbage. I love my figure but I literally have to take every one of them apart to fix glaring issues. I will never buy another figure from this company or Zeta again. For most this is close to a $500 figure and we are all finding a missing hand or figures are reversed but we can forgive it because we have so much invested. I am just glad mine came with all of the pieces so at least I can fix it and get to something that makes me happy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    i am right there with you. I'll not be giving one red cent to them after my last yellow constructor purchase off eBay. It's most unfortunate that collectors had to resort to buying the really only viable 3rd party set when it comes to size and aesthetics that pays homage to Devastator. Too bad someone like FT didn't or at least has not taken a crack at it.

• Like Like x 3
  8. JoeHavok

News Credits:
    I agree with you guys. Plus the robot modes just aren’t quite G1 accurate enough. Which is odd. Some of the figures are so close.

I debated picking this set up for some time to be honest. I’ll be happy if FansToys or Takara releases a Masterpiece Devestator one day.

Also, it’s easy for me to pass on Zeta’s Aerialbots and Combaticons. They both seem like a step back from this set.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Decepticon Lover

Even the G2 one has issues?

10. JoeHavok

News Credits:
    I’ve read about issues with the yellow Constructor which is G2. But, are you referring to the Orange one that just got released? I haven’t heard of any feedback from the Orange Constructor yet.

11. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Decepticon Lover

The yellow one

12. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    No issues that I can see. I am just saying I won't be buying anymore of their items. Just too much of a headache.

13. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

What does Zeta have to do with this?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Zeta is made up of a team of ToyWorlds designers who left to form their own company. They are the ones that designed Construtor for ToyWorld and now the Zeta Bruticus and Superion.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dstn2fal

Dstn2fal Active Member

Ebay:
    Yep. I had to take "Longhaul" a part but I finally got his wheels and legs in the correct positions, now he's right on the money for transforming. After I reversed the legs the combined form is AWESOME! Still no hand for Scrapper, and no return message so far.

• Like Like x 1
  16. spot138

spot138 Proud Gee-Wunner!!!

Ebay:
    I'm pretty dis-satisfied with mine too. He looks good and all, but has waayyyy too many qc problems, for the money.
    The combined mode is fine, but the joints are so loose the individuals bots that half of them cant stand up or hold their guns.
    Idk, Maybe the first individual releases were better, but this set just does not live up to the hype, and goes straight into disappointment territory.
    It makes me wonder if the gift set is just a cheaped out, corners cut version, or put together from factory seconds.
    I really kind of wish I could send him back.

• Like Like x 2
  17. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    That is def a bummer. I think they operate on a theory of Hit and Miss when it comes to final production. I was among the fortunate to not have to deal with lots of problems. Sorry to hear that you got a bad one. Buying their sets is like playing Russian Roulette because you just never know if the one you get will be the set that proves to be that one bullet in the chamber. Hope you can get some of the issues resolved.

• Like Like x 1
  18. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    the orange one doesn't hit til October.

19. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

I hope enough people hate this one I can get another green set for bot mode... (cheap)

20. Tormatron

Tormatron Well-Known Member

Anyone have any idea how much a weathered green version of constructor would go for? More than $500?