Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. mephinc

mephinc Well-Known Member

COME ON BBTS!!! "Waiting to reach warehouse"..... BLARRRRRG!

I've been staring at badass pictures of this guy for a year and a half now. My patience has worn thin.

2. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Instagram:
    Did you customize your purple barrel on Concrete to have the green plate attached or does it simply come that way on the V2? I bought the purple barrel separately for my V1 Constructor and it comes with a sort of ugly purple bottom plate. I was rather disappointed and haven't actually changed it as of yet...

3. Qingtianzhu

Qingtianzhu waiguoren

News Credits:
    Thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't really noticed, but yeah, it comes that way. Guess the green plate wasn't an issue for the set.

4. VenomGTSR

VenomGTSR Well-Known Member

No customizing here this is how it was shipped.

5. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    jream so tired he didn't wake up yet? :) 

• Like Like x 1
  6. jream

jream PRO DESIGN TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No more like the old lady decided I had other things I was doing today! Lol

I'll have all the info up tomorrow.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Instagram:
    Thanks for the answers guys. Disappointed in my "upgrade" barrel in that case. Oh well...

8. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

I'm honestly amazed that that face made it to production.

I mean, is it not obvious as the nose on your face (ahaha) that the nose on his face is far too short? It's like the TW designer(s) had to give up something in return for maxing out their powers on everything else.

TF God: "What do you desire, human germs?"
    TW dudes: "To have absolute powers of engineering and design! To make working treads on Constructicon toys! To crush our competitors and see them driven before us and hear the lamentations of their women!"
    TF God: Your bargaining posture is highly dubious. Very well - but there must be be balance in the universe! You may not have all. Something must be sacrificed. Will it be your eyes? Or your lips? Or your penises? Or ... your ability to design passable TF faces?"
    *TF dudes conferring*: "Umm. The faces."
    TF God: "It is done!"

• Like Like x 7
  9. VenomGTSR

I'm wondering if it was to leave space for the screaming face. That open mouth takes up that extra space. I'd love to have the opportunity to pick up some extra faces. I have the DNA upgrade kit for the CW Devy and it has a great clenched teeth face on it. It works in a ton of different poses.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Blaque_Ravage

Blaque_Ravage The Beast From The East

Looking forward to this upgrade,didnt bother before but knowing theres a option to allow more movement...I will purchase that!

• Like Like x 1
  11. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I might be in the monority but i dont mind the face :D 

• Like Like x 1
  12. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

You should at least disclose that you're a HUGE Simpsons fan... ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  13. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As a kid I was, but i havent watched a Simpsons episode in maybe 20 years :lol 

14. jream

jream PRO DESIGN TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    PD-18 is officially out for order...
    have at it you bloody scavengers! lol ;) 
    sales thread on the main page

• Like Like x 2
  15. Knight Prime

Knight Prime Well-Known Member

Maybe someone can upload a video when they get their V2 set? I'm pretty sure a lot here would like to know an opinion.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  16. JTsangNJ

JTsangNJ Active Member

I don't have time to make a video review but I received my V2 set last week and I'm very impressed with the dramatic quality difference from V1. Most of you already know the issues with V1 anything from stress cracks, pins inserted half assed, tabs not lining up, joint issues, the list goes on. I was fortunate enough to return the V1 set for store credit and purchased V2.
    After playing around with V2 99% of the issues are gone. They come in bot mode. Transformation into vehicle mode went pretty well. If I had to nit pick what's wrong with my set...
    Burden's front bumper left side doesn't stay straight when tabbed into place. Probably an easy fix, haven't had time.
    Allocater's, feet doesn't line up flush in vehicle mode. They become middle filler panels. I think the tabs are a hair too long causing them to skew a little.
    The other 4 were fine.
    The other issues I had was with the forearm add on pieces. the left side Bulldozer the top tab will not stay in place, not a big deal. See pic. 20170509_100153.jpg

Right side Unearth totally sucked getting the forearm piece attached. You have to hook it from the bottom first, then slide the pegs into place on the side, then hinge the top piece and peg into place. Well that didn't work for me. The tolerances are way too tight. I definitely would have broke something if I forced the side pegs into place after hooking the bottom panel first. So I had to mod it. I shaved the side pegs down a little and grind down the sides of the pin for the bottom panel to allow for a little play. After doing this I was able to attach the forearm properly without breaking anything. See pics.
    20170509_101523.jpg
    20170509_101617.jpg These issues may not effect other sets and I'm very please this is all I found wrong with my set. If you guys have any questions let me know. Thanks!

• Like Like x 5
  17. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

Ah, is that how the forearm piece attaches to Unearth? I mean, the pegs were straightforward, but I couldn't tell the bottom just tabbed straight into his, I guess, crotch piece. But now that I see your pics its rather obvious.

But yeah, my set didn't have the issues you had with Burden's bumper or connecting the forearm piece to Bulldozer, though I could not get Allocator's feet flush in vehicle mode either. Like you said, the tabs don't seem to line up quite right. Otherwise, the set was fine (save for Concrete missing his chest piece I mentioned previously, which I do have a ticket opened now)

If anything, sometimes things connected too tightly. Like it was really hard untabbing Concrete from the side connectors on the thigh piece, as well as trying to fold Allocator back from chest mode.

18. agentcastle

agentcastle crotchimus prime

anybody get two RIGHT forearm connectors? my TW-02 came with a left connector... as such i have two LEFTS and an incomplete gestalt for months now... no hope in the horizon

other than that, looking forward to getting my hands on "upgrades"

19. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  20. VenomGTSR

My set was incredibly tight too. A couple things have loosened a little bit but it makes things more difficult than it needs to be. My biggest complaint is Shovel in leg mode. There seems to be a little bit of play in his knees where his lower legs rotate up to cover his thigh. It causes Constructor to be less stable than he could be. Is Your Shovel solid when set up as a leg? No forward and back movement from the ankle rocker down?