Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    You are posting in the Toyword Devastator thread. There is no need to say "not" each time you are referring to the toyworld version of the G1 bot.

2. Sandstar

Sandstar Well-Known Member

I got my Shovel and Mixer, and I was simply unprepared for how big they are. They're like mp10 sized, in vehicle mode, at least. I still like gt's esthetics, but I'm glad I'm getting both. This, so far, is an impressive set.

3. ferrari35

ferrari35 Well-Known Member

As I'm in the UK I ordered from here so don't have mine yet so not an issue for me but I'm very happy to see they are addressing it for everyone else

4. Sandstar

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but Mixer's drum is not motorized, it's wind up. It looks neat, and no batteries to replace.

5. idkwdya

idkwdya Nicks_Plastic_Shelf

Instagram:
    I've been on the Generation Toy side of this whole thing. And while I never disliked the Toyworld versions. I liked the Generation toy version a bit more. Though as the Generation Toy figures have come out slowly. I'm getting less and less impressed with them. And i'm starting to like the Toyworld versions more and more. Does anyone here have BOTH sets of figures that are currently out and could give a TLDR version of pros and cons on the Toyworld versions? I think I may be jumping ships soon but i'm still undecided.

6. Sandstar

tldr: Toy World's bigger, and more g1. GT has fewer issues (tho toyworld's promised to fix the major ones) and I think, a fresher design. I like both, but I think if I had to choose, i'd get GT's. Frankly, to be honest, Toyworld only has size and g1ness going for it. If those appeal to you, they're the same price. Oh yes, GT fits in better with current scale 3rd party combiners. Toyworld's gonna tower.

7. idkwdya

idkwdya Nicks_Plastic_Shelf

Instagram:
    That's been the main reason i've been going with GT this whole time. I like their size more, they have fewer problems AND have already gotten replacement parts. Sure the G1ness is nice but the newere design of GT is really something cool going on. But that Toyworld combined mode keeps calling me back. I may just have to double dip eventually. Thank you sir, appreciate the thoughts and feedback!

8. Justbob

Justbob Well-Known Member

I just go Mixmaster and Scrapper. My Scrapper didn't have much squeekiness on the hips, but Mixmaster does and it sounds scary. The squeek sounds like grinding plastic and I'm definitely going to add some grease on there just to be on the safe side.

9. chuckcjc

News Credits:
    I was in the same boat, but I am coming around after watching Captured Prey's video reviews.

10. zgbsn721

zgbsn721 Well-Known Member

This was a super easy call for me because devastator will probably be the only combiner I buy, and I'm really attached to the G1 look and great scale with other masterpiece figures. When I was little we lived too far outside of town to get cable TV so my whole Transformers experience growing up was renting tapes from movie gallery and blockbuster on Friday nights and they apparently just had season 1 and the 86 movie, and though I've seen the entire series now, I'm really only attached to those characters. After this and my last Fanstoys insecticon, I'll basically need a good megatron and I'll be done with my decepticons (I'm hoping maketoys megatron does it for me). Well actually I'll probably pick up Fanstoys Galvatron and Cyclonus (if they make it).

Also I have a feeling that as popular as this guy should be once everyone sees that the QC issues are resolved, that a 3rd party will put out some stuff to really tailor him to the G1 animation model. G1 Head, purple mix master barrel, green legs, maybe some chest filler parts, black treads for those who like that sort of thing, Etc. Hell if toy world is smart they will do this themselves. Tbh honest other than the slimness of his upper body, none of these are things that really bother me about the figure, but it would be nice to have the option.

11. chuckcjc

News Credits:
    So. Let's talk combiner ports. What do Scrapper and Mixmaster have for combiner ports?

4 Posts like Toyworld Dinoking/Shuraking?

Pics?

12. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    still need to find the money for these was going to sell my black mp repaints but after taking pics to sell them i just couldn't bring myself to do it , i like them too much

13. zgbsn721

zgbsn721 Well-Known Member

Got 2 kidneys? I hear u only need 1...

14. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

It's still motorized (spring powered), just not battery operated/powered.

15. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    I do hope someone makes a purple drum for Mixmaster, but changing it out won't be easy since it is on pins.

16. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Knowing Toyworld, the G1 will be a TFCon exclusive.

17. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Difference is the current scale third party combiners aren't made to stand with MP's. This is.

Any whispers on a cartoon accurate repaint? I think I'm about to jump but would rather not have to paint them myself.

18. Vanessa

Vanessa G1 Bonecrusher's #1 fangirl

I second this!

19. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah they have kinda like a track and pegs to the sides so the knees wheel slide from behind and two side flaps will come down and peg so i think it will be a very secure connection

20. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MM's are ratchets..i thought they were squeaks at first but no they are ratcheted