Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In Australia the only place I can find that was carrying these was Just-Bots - they're a relatively new, smaller online retailer but their prices are good and their customer communications are actually really good, unlike some other Aus retailers.

Not necessarily screwed. Contact your retailer and tell them it's faulty/damaged. If they can't replace/repair they need to refund - that's consumer law in most Western Countries. Doesn't matter that they are only a retailer. If you buy a Sony TV from Best Buy, and it's delivered with a cracked screen, you're not going to call Sony expecting them to replace. You go to Best Buy and demand they make good. It's the exact same thing here.
    Toy world are only saying that they'll have a spare parts replacement program with BBTS or TFS. Other retailers are still subject to consumer law and can't sell you damaged goods and then shrug and point the finger elsewhere. At least, that's what I would argue (your local laws and consumer protection may vary of course)
    So if you're figure is damaged, complain to your retailer, kick up a stink and demand repair, replacement or refund. Then take your money and buy from BBTS or TFSource.
    For me, as I mentioned earlier, my local retailer is unable to guarantee support, and has specifically stated this in advance before shipping ANY figures so I've cancelled my orders for #1 & #2 and bought them from TFSource, and will only order the last four from Just-Bots to take advantage of the cheaper price. From what I can see, #3-6 are free from elbow issues.

2. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    This further supports my point above. Kapow have repeatedly claimed they won't stock ToyWorld products anymore because they keep losing money on them. This is because they are obliged to replace damaged figures they sell, but they have no luck getting Toyworld to re-imburse them for these losses. Toyworld, being based in China, is not subject to Western Consumer Protection Laws. Kapow, being based in the UK, is subject to these laws and therefore have to wear the cost themselves.
    I sympathise with KaPow in general cases but not in this scenario. They've repeatedly stated they won't sell TW products and then end up caving due to "customer demands" and sell them. They then whinge when they get taken for a ride. They succumbed to greed by agreeing to sell yet more TW products, knowing that if there were issues they'd get screwed again...and now they are going to get screwed. It's a "boy who cried wolf" scenario.
    Sorry, but EU customers can buy from US or HK suppliers just like anyone else. Kapow is NOT their only option and Kapow where not shining knights riding to their rescue. They got greedy.

Edit: Re-reading this, sorry if it was a bit harsh or agro. Living in Aus my retailer options are also pretty limited so I tend to get a bit jealous of our US friends with their free shipping and no currency conversion.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  3. Stangatron

Stangatron Well-Known Member

Starganderfish I understand what you are saying, but with Toyworlds spotty customer service and figure quality control, a lot of distributors have been dropping TW like a bad habit. We shouldn't have to worry who we order from to hope that our figures will not be defective and if they are if out distributer will be supported by TW. It's a real shame since the figures look great overall.

4. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    I was referring to replacement parts, not refunds. The topic at hand was TW replacing parts, and the response was they would, but clearly that's not the case.

5. Highlander77

Highlander77 Active Member

So, I hear people talking about how all 6 of the figures are now out. BBTS so far has only received the first two, as far as I can tell. I'm assuming this is no cause for concern and that they just haven't received their shipments yet (I know in the past they haven't generally been the first to get new products in stock, so I'm not too worried).

6. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dont recall TW saying they wont be sending parts to other retailers in the world...They just mentioned who their agents are in America

7. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    Sorry everyone. I got a bit over excited with the earlier posts. Absolutely would be great to not have to worry about repair replacement. I guess my perspective is a bit different as local Aus retailers tend to accept pre-orders, collect money and then purchase only the numbers they need. Getting replacement figures is a lot harder around here and the relationship with manufacturers is often through wholesale suppliers (due to such small order numbers etc) we tend to get the figures weeks later then the rest of the world and getting replacements or even new parts is difficult. I would expect a refund before I would expect repair or replacement and if they do offer new parts etc you'd be waiting weeks. (ie I'm still waiting on delivery of FT Spotter and Mercenary and even the first of the TW constructions haven't arrived here)
    Another point I'm not sure about:
    With the replacement parts, is it going to be an easy fix to replace the arm/elbow or are there pins etc holding it in place? This could also affect the ease of repair/ support. (Can the customer effect the repair or does the figure need to go back to retailer or manufacturer for repair)

8. metaphorge

metaphorge Decepticon

News Credits:
    So are Allocator and Burden out? I haven't seen any in-hand pictures; could you direct me to them?

9. bfett88

bfett88 Well-Known Member

People are getting confused because figures 5 and 6 are Scrapper and Mixmaster. The only place that has those in stock are Robot Kingdom. BBTS shows the instock date as Feb. Robot Kingdom shows the final two, figure 3 and 4 due in March. So the figure number releases has been 1 and 2 which is here in the States. 5 and 6 due soon and then 3 and 4 in March.

10. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    Do you have any pics of the disassembly? I would like to get in there and glue the hairline crack back together and shave down the OD of the post a bit.

11. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    I must have missed this. I thought people were slagging TW more than any retailer. It's not Kapow's fault that TW isn't providing them with replacement parts.

12. Tober

Tober Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks, I've almost used them before. Price-wise it works out roughly the same from Robot Kingdom.

I'm sure I know who you mean.

13. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry to inform you but no we weren't being greedy, we were bringing in 34 sets for long time customers that really wanted the items, after speaking with the majority of them we decided it would be pretty daft to supply something with such an obvious high defect rate. The customers concerned and us have moved on to other items and purchases to fill the gap. If people want to take a chance on Toyworld that's not a problem, I'm not here to say they are good or bad, I'm simply stating we no longer supply stuff which doesn't meet the standard you would expect from an expensive item.

Also how does it affect you living in Australia ? just curious as to why you seem to have an axe to grind about a business you have never dealt with ?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  14. mauuroo

mauuroo Active Member

15. Stangatron

I don't know why folks keep blaming the retailer here. This is Toyworlds fault and I support companies with the statement above! I 100% agree that if a toy or product continuously flawed why stock that item. People need to focus their energy towards Toyworlds and hold them responsible for their methods. This is not the first time one of their toy lines is flawed and receives little to no support at all. It's a main reason I will not buy any TW products. There's no love or care put in to these bots and if it breaks well hope that the retailer you bought from will be support. It's honestly really disturbing how TW is handling this. If they really care about be a successfully company then they should try a lot harder than this pathetic excuse.

16. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:

17. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Well, they say they're going to offer support. The proof will be in the pudding, but they said they were going to. We'll see...and I'm curious how they're going to correct the elbows as they don't sound like a simple part to replace.

18. Stangatron

Not a problem

19. joegz

joegz Well-Known Member

20. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    I am wondering how the support will work. Say I bought mine from BBTS, and after 3 to 6 months that the elbows really cracks will you be able to contact BBTS and still get the parts to fix it.