Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

I love the scale of the individual bots, and they do a lot right. However I think they lack a certain polish that I expect in my MP figures. Not when they are combined, nor in their alt modes, but just in bot mode. Some are better than others, of course, but there are places I feel they are rough around the edges, if that makes sense.

I may still be tempted.

2. Sky Shark

Sky Shark Well-Known Member

I'm digging the scale engineering and articulation, especially with bendable legs with treads on them. However since its so set into the MP scale I'm turned off quite a bit by how much extra detail was added into the vehicle and individual bot modes.

With all the extra detailing they added the whole set feels like it would stick out more then fit in with an MP display, a bit less so in Devestator mode but the other modes it definitely would. Honestly for me this is a pass but I hope those who get him enjoy it.

3. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    what places are shipping this out now? not sure if i can wait for tfs express getting them next month , want to buy one of them now :lol 

4. chip1123

chip1123 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If they sell out quickly, I'm sure another run would be made. Profits to be had and all that jazz.

5. tunaflash

tunaflash Banned

Pelvic THRUST.

6. GotBot

GotBot Titan class

Love toyworld....but....

I have to sau, I normally really enjoy Toyworld. I love Hegemon, and I have loved these constructicons in their individual bot modes. I had been waiting for the combined mode visuals. Safly, I'm dissappointed. What seems impressive is the detail, likely range of motion and details, like the forearm motion. BUT....I hate the long, silver thighs and, in the emd...It just plain doesn't remind me of the awesome Devastator. The body is lanky and the shoulders are huge! Does that mean pass? For me, yeah, maybe, but before a final judgment, I would like to see how he combines, holds, moves, poses and so on...in hand! I'm just saying...this seems like an uphill climb to me.

7. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    BBTS and Robot Kingdom to my knowledge.

8. TheIchKing

TheIchKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This guy looks more menacing than gravity builder devastator. Yup, I prefer this guy

9. dirtmodeler

dirtmodeler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just wonder if that's the last Devastator for a while? or will be there be another one in a month or two?

this one dwarfs the Maketoys one, but the Maketoys still looks good...

The question is, when does one pull the trigger on a 3rd party Devvy when they seem to come along every few months?

10. agentcastle

agentcastle crotchimus prime

either he's trying to cover up an inadequacy or he's trying to advertise an endowment... it'll cost you 600 bucks to find out

dat head... dat head... dat head

11. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm didnt really notice the gap wheen Longhaul and Hook. Without the chest shield, there is a bit of empty space there. Seems like an odd design choice. They are already faking the legs and arms, why not add a filler part for that area.

12. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    I hope to see some decent add-on's for this guy. From TW or another company.

I painted my drill silver also. Was super clean and easy and now actually looks like a drill. And not uh.. Plastic/black ice cream.

13. G1StarSaber468

G1StarSaber468 Brainmaster

Their take on devestator is definitely based on the studio ox interpretation of devestator

14. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Where did you see a pic without the shield?

15. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didnt other than the cropped shot on page 1, but if you look at the shots that show it at an angle, you can see they attach via post like parts and not flush together.

16. Zyros

Zyros Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still torn because I find they hit everything I'd want from a MP Devastator (save the colors, but I can always paint what I don't like). My biggest issue is the detailing just doesn't match with the MP aesthetic in my eyes. Too much of it all over the place

17. JJohnson

JJohnson Well-Known Member

Best looking Third Party Devastator I've seen yet. Man, I wonder how this scales with Masterpiece figures. This one got Long Haul right, as opposed to the CW version.

18. Insectabot

Insectabot Well-Known Member

I keep seeing issues with the fore arms not completing tabbing in all the way. Now maybe it's me but isn't that new pic showing the forearms all split open too or is it suppose to be like that?

19. TheVENOM

TheVENOM Well-Known Member

Supposed to be like that I believe. Mine doesn't tab in. I think its for easy bending rather than having to un-tab it all the time.

20. GeeWunder

GeeWunder Well-Known Member

I wonder if there's a chance they'll to Bruticus and Menasor in this scale and aesthetic after this guy...?

That would be quite a trinity of terror on the shelf - three 2' tall Decepticon combiners ready to do battle!

A guy can dream...