Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. angwk

angwk Well-Known Member

My work around is sanding it + applying silicone oil. I can now insert it 100%

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sepster

Sepster Well-Known Member

Make sure you ask permission first.

• Like Like x 2
  3. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    :rolleyes: :ev: :ev: 

4. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Same here. Just got mine out of storage a couple of weeks ago and no issues going between all three modes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Does anyone have a good paint they have used for the thighs if you have a later version with the silver thighs? Finding an original green set will be next to impossible. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

6. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I am contemplating downsizing and selling off my OG. Unsure right now. If it came down to keeping that one or the cell shade, that is a VERY easy answer. The cell is just bad ass because of all the intricate details that are painted in black. That took a lot of time to do versus the OG, which just looks too yellow IMHO. I don't know. I am on the fence. I am trying to make some space. I just have too many TFs and I am getting a little worried because it feels like I just buy to buy it and then regret it. Not a good thing.:crazy: :thumbdown 

7. sithfire30

sithfire30 Well-Known Member

I own both the green weathered version and the "perfect" version - both the initial "foam box" releases. Both have been on display, both have been positioned in various poses over the past year or so I've owned them and just recently I broke them down and placed them back in their cases due to some home remodeling....no breakage, happy to report. Those joints on the weathered version are ridiculously tight though.

• Like Like x 2
  8. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yup. That and the cell have lots of paint so you have to exercise caution.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shoundwave

Shoundwave Well-Known Member

I used this but had to mix in some white to lighten it up a bit. It's close, though, but it worked when I was repainting a lot of the sections of my Constructor.

[​IMG]

10. Deceptive

Deceptive Well-Known Member

I can’t speak for all versions, but the silver thighs of the “perfect” version are actually the green plastic painted silver, so just safely remove the silver paint and bam green thighs

• Like Like x 2
  11. HeroicVillain

HeroicVillain Well-Known Member

I need to get around to doing this. Let me know how it works out if you do it junkbot. I seem to recall a couple of other people talking about how they left it in alcohol or paint thinner over night, but then had to scrape out some remaining paint from the grooves or something.

12. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yep indeed. I was just hoping for an easier route versus removal. i have red where some got stumped and ended up having to scrape it off and I would much rather just paint. Pondering....

Very interesting. I will see if this tickles my fancy...pondering what to do

I will. I wanted to avoid the scarping part. For sure, thinner will do some removal, but there will be some stubborn paint to remove. Damn. I'll have to think about how I want to proceed. Again, for the 100th time, I still don't get why TW didn't leave the damn things green. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2022
  13. echotransformer

echotransformer Well-Known Member

If you're painting green on top of something, here's some idea of how to get a decent color match, hopefully the video starts at the point where I show which colors to use. If it doesn't skip to ~3mins in. It's not an exact science, but it should get you close (and Taimya paints are high quality and readily available)

• Like Like x 3
  14. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

Damn, I guess the site doesn't allow for YT links to jump to a certain time. The painting section starts at 2:07.

Edit: Those lat fillers look better than ToyWorld's. I wonder if they're still available? Also, thanks for finding this because I have to repair my Burden and will probably have to do some paint touch-up. This helps. :thumb 

Okay, for anyone interested, I found the link for the lat fillers.
    Shallow: Toyworld Constructor - Shallow Lat fillers by echotransformer on Shapeways
    Deep: Toyworld Constructor - Deep Lat fillers by echotransformer on Shapeways

Edit 2: I'm just realizing you're the one who made the video. Oh well I just woke up. :oops:  :lol 

Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Nathaniel bess

Nathaniel bess Member

Instagram:
    Well today was a very happy day I got two versions of the constructor I got the v1 version of eBay for 400 due to bone rusher missing the straps but I had replacements and I also got the dark Version of constructor and there is no issues with the black version

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  16. mouschi

mouschi Well-Known Member

I have a table with a cubby shelf behind it - this setup is behind my desk, and if I swivel my chair 180 degrees, this is what I see. I actually just cleared off the table a week or two ago, and it was obstructing the view of these beauties. I fell in love with them all over again. They are such magnificent beasts!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  17. mantisfists

mantisfists Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ah, man.....I want that yellow weathered Constructor so bad. So pissed I missed out on BBTS's reissue. Definitely worth having multiple copies of, in my opinion, if you can get a good one. Simply works of art.

18. Nicorobot

Nicorobot Well-Known Member

I'm happy i found mine not so late. There is one on eBay right now at 1800 USD!!! :crazy: 

19. Deceptive

Deceptive Well-Known Member

I missed out last summer on a yellow weathered version here locally for… 400 bux :mad: 

20. RED342

RED342 stoner sunshine

This green paint is near perfect

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3