Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Oh damn dude, I'm really sorry. That's outrageously poor. Hope you get it sorted.

Like another poster said, it's about time we got a decent 3P alternative to this set. Don't get me wrong, I love mine, but it was an early one (although one of my bots did have two left arms, preventing alt or combined mode...) and it seems the releases being pumped out now are often trash.

• Like Like x 2
  2. zark225

zark225 The Day Fukr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey, would anyone be interested in a broken set? I have the TW-C07X Perfect set. Scrapper broke in half at the waist joint and Hook's leg broke at the screw posts. Otherwise, my set is good and is just sitting in my closet. I haven't heard anything about replacement parts which is annoying and at this point, I'd rather let someone else have the set even if it's for parts or something. Only other thing is that I did my best to strip the silver paint on the thighs so those bits are green now. I'd love to keep this set since they are great but the main reason that I got it, the combined mode, can't even function now and it doesn't look like help is coming for that.

3. Huktonfonix

Huktonfonix Well-Known Member

I actually liked Trypticon. If anything, maybe another go at Metroplex. Id be ok with a shorter bot mode with a better city

4. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like TR Trypticon as well. Just would like to see him larger/taller in Dino mode which differs from yourself. I didn’t mind the city mode but given the tech of today I’m sure they could improve on what we have with the TR figure. Some design genius in this site might come up with some upgrade kit.

I’m still in the market place for TW-C01, C02 and C06 if anyone is selling. If anyone comes across those being sold on their internet travels spare a thought for me. Many thanks.

I’d like to see if someone releases files on the mods/adapters that allow a hybrid of Constructor with Jinbao OSKO Grav Builder.

5. FiveThousand

FiveThousand Well-Known Member

What hybrid?

6. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Somebody had adapted the pantsforming part of Zeta Constructor to allow the limbs from the Jinbao set to be attached to it.

I’ve quickly tried to find where another member of the site posted this photo. Not having much luck:

72C97DD9-9824-4E0E-972D-773136C50E46.png

The hybrid Jinbao/Pants from constructor is the figure on the left.

I’d be all over this hybrid given the QC issues with constructor. The hybrid gives the Jinbao set a better hip/waist section than the original components.

• Like Like x 6
  7. FiveThousand

FiveThousand Well-Known Member

It looks almost like long haul and legs were completely redone. Only looks partly like constructor pants.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Red2

Red2 " ... and so the story goes ... "

9. toretilo

toretilo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That Devastator on the left looks damn perfect. Is the face custom?

• Like Like x 3
  10. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It looks like the head that comes with the leg extension upgrade kit for the Jinbao set but the mod has chromed/painted more of the head/face. Great custom. Photo below I have of my set (ignore markings drawn in for where the leg extenders are) to show stock head that came with upgrade kit:

F30272F3-1F45-4EEF-9058-F3A392A14AAC.jpeg

@FiveThousand - definitely had more done to it. Might have remodelled the thigh plates

• Like Like x 2
  11. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Looks like Zeta and the 2nd is Warbotron. Not sure if the Wabrotron is the Jinbao version, if I remembering that correctly or not.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sqlwizard

Sqlwizard Well-Known Member

One is zeta metalic the other jinbao os warbatron

• Like Like x 1
  13. angwk

angwk Well-Known Member

Why does this come out so easily? Does it suppose to have glued it or something?
    53A0BBCB-59C7-4F3B-9F9D-98CF65AE499A.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  14. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    That is broken, unfortunately. Sorry to see that. This happened to mine as well. It looks like you have one of the first releases of a few years back. I think this was a known issue. Poor quality. I think the redesigned barrel is better. Well, at least mine is. And there is no fix. When that happened to mine, I just stuck the metal part into the drum and displayed it as such.....sigh

• Like Like x 2
  15. angwk

angwk Well-Known Member

What is suppose to hold the metal pin inside the drum? Is it suppose to have a clip, glue or something?

16. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well now that yours is broken, you can look inside. The two halves slide apart pretty easily at the yellow stripe. Inside you can see how it's all connected. Not that complicated of a mechanism.

• Like Like x 2
  17. UltraMarginal

UltraMarginal Active Member

Well, for those wondering, after further investigation and soul searching and trying to fix stuff, I've agreed to send the whole lot back to the seller for a full refund.
    There are 13 Limbs with broken screw posts, Scavengers Torso is seperating as a result of the massive spring in it for his shovel. Scrappers knee would not hold together with two part super plastic adhesive. The combined mode hip section had 3 broken screw posts as well. I started using a two part epoxy putty so shore up screw posts, but I've realised that nearly every limb has at least 1 or 2 screw posts that can't be shored because of surrounding moving parts, and the post length is beyond the longest screw I could order at a M2.2 size by nearly 10mm, so the same failure would likely occur, just further in to the post. There were other parts with cracks. I am pretty confidant I would have failed to fix everything and even if I did, it's pretty much a ticking time bomb.

I thank you all for your support and advice, hopefully some time down the road someone else makes a Large, MP scale Devastator that isn't a QC Disaster.

• Like Like x 7
  18. J Rock

J Rock Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that man. Mines great, but I got the second run. Hopefully you can get an earlier run with less QC on the second hand market. With FT pushing prices up I'm sure people will soon start leaving the collection game..

• Like Like x 2
  19. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Damn shame. Honestly, the first ones that came out a few years ago were never this problem plagued. I was very lucky to never have something like this happen to any of the ones I purchased. Seems like this is isolated to all of the new X versions that were recently released. At least that's what it looks like. I don't read too much about people having issues with the battle damaged, cell shade nor the weathered one which I also have.

20. RondoCalrissian

RondoCalrissian Well-Known Member

That bar connects to a circular Gear that controls the rotating drum gimmick. Unfortunately that pin is held in place by friction only. That's why it has a knurled end. The gear is also made with a really thin plastic. My V2 came broken with that pin hanging loose and it took Show Z months to get me a replacement. I ended up breaking a couple of replacement gears too but I ended up using a combination of luck and plastic cement.

• Like Like x 1