Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. SaberRide

SaberRide Its supposed to be SaberRider but I messed up

I missed out on these too for $400 I'd risk it but now they are 700+. Its like gambling

Its the new feature, YOU are the seventh constructicon

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2021
  2. Sqlwizard

Sqlwizard Well-Known Member

Once your bookie (uncle Tony TW) roughs you up a bit aka you fix some shit on it..your bet will pay off

3. SaberRide

SaberRide Its supposed to be SaberRider but I messed up

I’m trying real hard to resist. It looks so good

4. Sqlwizard

Yea idk if there will be more made i guess keep looking for a better price..or take the gamble who knows

5. UltraMarginal

UltraMarginal Active Member

Honestly, If I'd realised how much of a shit show it is I would have passed. With shipping it's cost me close to AU$900, I'll never make that up.
    After starting to pull apart opposite limbs last night to make sure I was putting the right springs back etc, I've found more broken screw pegs internally. the seller has offered me a couple hundred in compensation but that's not going to cover the time I'm going to need to invest in this thing.

6. UltraMarginal

Thanks, I started pulling it apart last night on the opposite side to make sure I was putting the ratchets and right springs back in. there are multiple other broken screw pegs in that arm. I don't have JB Weld locally but there are other alternatives that are probably the same product.

I like your screw idea, I found an old set of calipers and between the 3 figures I've measured so far all the screws seem to be about 2.3 to 2.4 mm in diameter, but they're all very short, which I imagine is a lot of the problem they don't go far enough in to the screw posts to where the post is moulded in to surrounding plastic, so the only material holding the screw in is the small circumference of plastic. . I'm seriously considering buying a couple boxes of 2.2D screws, much longer, up to 20mm in some cases based on the measurements I made and re-screwing the entire 6 figures. I'll have to use a low viscosity super glue to get the broken posts to hold in place so I can reassemble it, but with screws between 4 and 8 times longer going in to much more supported plastic I expect it will hold together a lot better.

What a clusterfuck.

7. Sqlwizard

What i did snd i sugest is this..and i posted step by step a while back
    ...the broken spur where the screw goes in dont try to fix just leave out what is broken..if you dont have jb weld get the best part a and b appoxy paste you can find..apply along parts that meet up whem put back together...when dry put the screws back in..the key and why you need longer screws is so they tap into the recieving spur which never got touched by the old screws anyway..i kmow when using jb weld honestly the screws arnt even nessasary..not sure what product you have avail..best of luck my friend its worth it in the end

Sorry about spelling etrors typing on the run..send me a pm if you need any help

• Like Like x 1
  8. THE dAY

THE dAY Well-Known Member

Regarding the springs, here is some info that might help:
    Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

9. UltraMarginal

Thank you for the link! I think my plan for the moment is to replace all the screws with significantly longer screws and see how that goes. slightly lower diameter, 2.2 from 2.3mm to reduce the chance of splitting posts. I'm going to use a low viscosity super glue to put the broken posts back in place, maybe, see how I go with one or two. Also considering using an epoxy cement/filler to build up around the screw posts that I can to spread the load a bit. Hopefully that will all hold together. I have at least 3 or 4 limbs to do this with, and their opposite limbs ( I pulled an opposite apart two nights ago and found broken posts). I really feel like toyworld cheaped out on the screws, nearly every screw I've inspected doesn't protrude far enough to pick up screw posts where they are supported by surrounding plastic.

10. Nathaniel bess

Nathaniel bess Member

Instagram:
    Question do you guys no the batteries that go in the back of all of the third party combiners heads?

11. Okicyurnatp

Okicyurnatp Banned

LR44 aka 357

• Like Like x 1
  12. RL1701

RL1701 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Very surprised here. Tfs-express just sent me replacement parts for my weathered green version. They have been trying to get them from toyworld since January, so I guess there is hope for replacement parts eventually (at least in Tfs-express is involved)!!
    9C8BA450-9AC0-409C-87E1-A74665D5DAA6.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  13. mantisfists

mantisfists Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Does anybody have Toyworld's contact information for replacement parts?

14. Deshawn

Deshawn Decepticon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:

• Like Like x 3
  15. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So far as I know they're elusive and only Chinese retailers have any joy contacting them, unfortunately

• Like Like x 3
  16. Blingotron

Blingotron Well-Known Member

I think i'm up to 10 or 11 months waiting for my Burden's leg parts. Doubt i'll ever get them, though. With my luck i'll go and fix what's broken myself and the replacements will arrive soon after. :confused: 

• Like Like x 1
  17. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

If you go to a church and pray asking to win the biggest lottery in existence, you have a better chance of getting a reply.

I know Toyworld used to have a website/store and you could send a message to them. And if you praised their product you'd get a reply. If you asked for replacement part or any kind of complaint....

Toyworld is notorious in the 3rd party world for not responding or not supplying replacement parts. If something's broken or missing...best bet is to contact your seller. Then they can get frustrated. Because they, too, won't get a reply when asking for spare/replacement parts. Stores have to sacrifice their spare stock to deliver them to you.

• Like Like x 2
  18. svek

svek Well-Known Member

They're pretty responsive when it comes to their Primes (Freedom Leader and Knight Orion which I damaged a little myself). Maybe they're just done with Constructor and don't have many parts/stock left nor is any reissue planned...

19. feeiq90

feeiq90 Well-Known Member

quick question, i just received my c07x..my seller recommend me to replaced ALL the screws of the set..apparently the one toyworld use is crappy & insufficient length..is this true?

20. Conran

Conran Well-Known Member

I've not heard of that personally but then I only have the cel shaded, black and weathered sets. It could be specific to a run of the perfect version, it wouldn't be unheard of for a company to use soft screws to cut costs. If you do end up replacing them all which is a big job then be careful not to strip the screws as that could be a real pain in the arse. You should ask him to explain why as that's one hell of a request for a new figure.