Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Okicyurnatp

Okicyurnatp Banned

LR44 aka 357

• Like Like x 1
  2. RL1701

RL1701 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Very surprised here. Tfs-express just sent me replacement parts for my weathered green version. They have been trying to get them from toyworld since January, so I guess there is hope for replacement parts eventually (at least in Tfs-express is involved)!!
    9C8BA450-9AC0-409C-87E1-A74665D5DAA6.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  3. mantisfists

mantisfists Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Does anybody have Toyworld's contact information for replacement parts?

4. Deshawn

Deshawn Decepticon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:

• Like Like x 3
  5. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So far as I know they're elusive and only Chinese retailers have any joy contacting them, unfortunately

• Like Like x 3
  6. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

I think i'm up to 10 or 11 months waiting for my Burden's leg parts. Doubt i'll ever get them, though. With my luck i'll go and fix what's broken myself and the replacements will arrive soon after. :confused: 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

If you go to a church and pray asking to win the biggest lottery in existence, you have a better chance of getting a reply.

I know Toyworld used to have a website/store and you could send a message to them. And if you praised their product you'd get a reply. If you asked for replacement part or any kind of complaint....

Toyworld is notorious in the 3rd party world for not responding or not supplying replacement parts. If something's broken or missing...best bet is to contact your seller. Then they can get frustrated. Because they, too, won't get a reply when asking for spare/replacement parts. Stores have to sacrifice their spare stock to deliver them to you.

• Like Like x 2
  8. svek

svek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're pretty responsive when it comes to their Primes (Freedom Leader and Knight Orion which I damaged a little myself). Maybe they're just done with Constructor and don't have many parts/stock left nor is any reissue planned...

9. feeiq90

feeiq90 Well-Known Member

quick question, i just received my c07x..my seller recommend me to replaced ALL the screws of the set..apparently the one toyworld use is crappy & insufficient length..is this true?

10. Conran

Conran A Kurt Cobain haircut?

I've not heard of that personally but then I only have the cel shaded, black and weathered sets. It could be specific to a run of the perfect version, it wouldn't be unheard of for a company to use soft screws to cut costs. If you do end up replacing them all which is a big job then be careful not to strip the screws as that could be a real pain in the arse. You should ask him to explain why as that's one hell of a request for a new figure.

11. Blingotron

IDK if they ALL need to be replaced but there are at least two hot spots. I can only speak to Burden's legs needing longer screws, though. I replaced all 8 of Burden's leg screws with 8 M2 12mm laptop screws because the originals were too small and cracked almost all the screw posts in the legs. You could probably even go with 15mm to reach down further into the post to give them extra strength.

The other place that others have had a problem with is with Shovel's crotch/waist screws. They are way too short. I'm not sure what length you can use but I'd probably use the same M2 12mm screws there as well. But again, I didn't have a problem with his waist screws failing (yet).

• Like Like x 2
  12. Magna Jet Convoy

Magna Jet Convoy Well-Known Member

I'm sitting on the fence on this same situation. got my X version from RoboToyBase over 12 months ago. Since then he's been standing in combined mode without incident. Nervously wondering if I should disassemble the big guy and start replacing screws as others have recommended....

13. Sqlwizard

Sqlwizard Well-Known Member

In my opinion..if its not broke dont fix it..but be ready i myself like many others have had to make fixes..but again if its not broken i would not go looking for things to fix..just my opinion..best of luck

• Like Like x 3
  14. angwk

angwk Well-Known Member

I wouldn't recommend you to do that. You might end up breaking more things during the process. It is so true that if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. angwk

angwk Well-Known Member

Instead, I would recommend you to apply some lubricant on some extremely tight joints, for better play experience and also avoid future breakdown of the joints.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Blingotron

I can second this because this is when all my troubles started. Mine showed up, I combined him and everything seemed great. As soon as I start checking him over for QC issues i've seen discussed (tight joints etc.) and simply transforming them, that's when Burden became my actual burden lol.

Just leaving it combined is something I wish I did.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SaberRide

SaberRide Its supposed to be SaberRider but I messed up

Just got my x. It’s pretty nice. Haven’t really played with it…it’s all intact. Great job me on finding a good set on eBay. It’s perfect… or WAS

Burdens leg was missing screws. So it fell off. And the wheel gone done broke at the axle. I think these sets are cursed.

If anyone has a burden they don’t want or are willing to sell their set for parts (since I’m sure mine will break more) let me know. I bet you could do well parting out a constructor…$50 a part, 12 parts and you are good to go

18. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Burden always living up to the name!

• Like Like x 1
  19. feeiq90

feeiq90 Well-Known Member

welp what a luck...turns out im gonna need to replace screws on Burden's left leg, Allocator's left leg, Shovel's hip & the giant combiner hip..the screws are just too shitty those affected parts just exploded right out the box..

20. Sqlwizard

Sqlwizard Well-Known Member

Sorry