Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Sqlwizard

Sqlwizard Well-Known Member

Np..lol..until all constructors can stand on their own..

2. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    LOFL!

3. edgecrusher

edgecrusher TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My original v1 which is the one with the best/brightest of the v1 green color, is still standing in combined form since 2016 or whenever it came out. It was a bear to get everything transformed and had to shave some parts to get the legs to slide into the hip piece but overall it's held up thankfully. They may have changed/cheapened the materials mix in subsequent runs.

4. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yea, I second that. We all know that TW sucks gigantic balls so I would not put it past them to cut corners on quality to make more money since the demand for the beast never really died. And as of late they have been MIA. I wonder if the dirty boy was their swan song as they sail off into the sunset with all the money they made off Constructor. I paid up the nose for all of mine...that's life. LOFL! :rolleyes: :D 

• Like Like x 1
  5. Arkine

Arkine Throws the boxes away.

After finally getting my replacement part for longhaul from TFSource, the neck just fell off after I put it all back together.

Oh man, this transformer is cursed. Never again will I touch anything ToyWorld makes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Damn. Yea, for sure TW cut huge corners on plastic. That just sounds ridiculous. Sorry man. It's a bitch to want to get something others have had for several years only to have the quality of it be very sub-standard compared to previous runs. DAMN U TW...:mad: :mad: 

• Like Like x 2
  7. Arkine

Arkine Throws the boxes away.

I've used a screw to hold the head in place. The piece the goes on was cracked too. It was a mess but I call ut fixed. This goes in the box until I have a display case ready then I'm never touching this again.

• Like Like x 1
  8. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Dude glad to hear. Keeping fingers crossed for no future issues.

9. Grimlock212

Grimlock212 Well-Known Member

This set looks great, but the quality is *GARBAGE*. Avoid it like the plague. 66% of the “Perfect Edition” box sets arrive broken brand new!

10. Sqlwizard

I wouldnt avoid it just be ready to fix it

11. Grimlock212

Sure, if you’re willing to spend $550 on a figure that will require repairs because it will (it’s just a matter of time) break, then this is the figure for you! I can’t imagine why anyone would want to support a company that is putting out garbage. I own it, but I’d *never* recommend it to anyone unless they are willing to overpay for a fragile (but good looking) Devastator that’s a floppy hot mess. The minute another company puts out a high quality Masterpiece Devastator, ToyWorld will cease to exist as a company.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sqlwizard

To each their own my friend..again i say i recomend it if you are willing to work on it like an old car or a model kit..anyone who wants a problem free product yea its not for you..idk if or when anyone will come out with anything better
    ...but even if they did im.good with this one looks great on the shelf..fits in with the other combiners all good for me..but that is me..again to each their own

• Like Like x 2
  13. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I think the problems are isolated and more frequent on the recent releases. I have had mine for several years and have had no major issues. Just my opinion on this subject. Others feel free to chime in.

14. Grimlock212

Totally agree. It seems the quality continues to decline over time. If you do want this set, I’d buy it pre-owned from a collector with a sorted out set, and I’d definitely not buy any version of the “Perfect Edition” that tend to be the most problematic.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sepster

Sepster Well-Known Member

I bought a Perfect Edition from junkbot about a year ago and it's holding up perfectly fine.

• Like Like x 2
  16. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Thanks for the props man!! That one came from Showz. His items are pretty solid.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MAZING

MAZING Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what quality is like on the orange set? I see it all the time on TFSource and have always been on the fence about pulling the trigger.

18. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I bought one and immediately sold it because I was not sold on the color. Anyone else have one from TFS that wants to chime in? I would just be cautious since as of late these last few have had issues. I guess it’s a buyer beware kind of thing that if you have issues you will have to be able to fix them yourself. Good luck bro

19. MAZING

MAZING Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply Junkbot! I've got the original yellow, green, weathered green, and cell shade versions, and they all needed work so I'm open to doing a few necessary repairs. I'll Google around to see if I can find any review photos of the orange set.

20. Grimlock212

That’s cool. I’d just be super careful with it. My “perfect edition” is fine now too, after getting the replacement unbroken Shovel figure. I am also being *super* careful with it because I know the build quality is so poor.