Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

Who did you order it from? Have you contacted them yet to tell them it's not there yet after all that time??? If not you should have months ago. I'm not sure if you used Paypal to buy it but you might be coming up on the limit on where you can file a claim so I wouldn't wait much longer. Contact the store ASAP and see what's up and hopefully they can track it down or give you the refund. Only file a claim (if you used PP) as a last resort. 5 months is insane.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    @Blingotron is 100% correct. If you used PayPal, you need to contact them today. If you used a credit card, I’d contact them also. Chargebacks vary a lot in limit, but six months is usually the cap on PayPal, so you need to start the process immediately.

Regardless of anything which your retailer tells you because their tune often changes drastically once they have all the leverage. And you do not want to be at their mercy on a $500 order.

Just tell them - no matter what they tell you - that you would like a refund through PayPal or otherwise (immediately) and that in the event that it shows, you’ll pay them back. End of argument. I would absolutely request your money back today, assuming this isn’t on a FedEx truck saying ‘schedule for delivery by the end of the day.’

• Like Like x 4
  3. Marker

Marker Well-Known Member

May he/she who gets the last one has no problems w/ their set (so glad I got one before they raised the price by $100):

Screenshot 2021-07-16 123642.png

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    One very limited upside to ordering from TF Source is that they'll cover your inevitable breakage... but they also used to sell the colored versions for about $399 last year at Christmas.

This set is not worth $600. It's not even worth the $400 rate.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Marker

Marker Well-Known Member

I assume they just pull figures from their existing stock to cover broken ones. If this is their last one available then they might not have any left to replace further figures.

6. MachoGrande

MachoGrande Well-Known Member

So if one is looking to add Constructor to their collection, which previous green version would you recommend picking up?

7. The Green Eyed Lycan

The Green Eyed Lycan The Green Eyed Lycan

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I love mine, just wish the price was about $150 cheaper so I could get a “spare” lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    They'll refund you too, which very few places will do.

9. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I would say it doesn't matter. The problems that are occurring with it have happened on all versions at different times. There is no way to say this color in this edition will give you no problems. For every one person saying they had no problems with whatever version they bought, there is person saying they bought that version and had ridiculous problems. Too hit or miss with this set.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

That's how I feel about this set. As much as I'd like a Devestator, there's just enough problems with this guy that I just can't pull the trigger. You'd think that with all the different versions they've put out that they'd address some of the issues but instead they release another color.

• Like Like x 3
  11. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    From what I've learned over the years as a machinist and knowing what I know of bots and seeing the particular problems with constructor, Toyworld could be avoiding the problems they are creating for customers by switching hardware they use to assemble them. At least that would take care of all the mounting points cracking and causing things to fall apart!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

I'm a 24 year heat treater coming up on 25 in the IAMAW and I'd have to agree.

• Like Like x 2
  13. rodrigo martin

rodrigo martin Active Member

Nope. The weird thing its that its tfsource. I thought that they were reliable. Then again, to be fair, its an international shipping (Europe).

14. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    I only have one TW product and the lengths/quality of the screws are absolutely to blame for the problems I’ve had.

I would definitely contact PayPal immediately.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Magna Jet Convoy

Magna Jet Convoy Well-Known Member

Really hate to bump an older post BUT could seriously do with some good advice and detailed instructions please team;

"Like a lot of collectors, I have the perfect (X) version constantly in statue/combined form. I'm seeking advice from anyone on what screws on what bots I should consider swapping with longer versions please? Thanks in advance."

16. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

I used longer M2 12mm laptop screws on Burdens legs. I think it was 8 total screws and they are nearly double the length of the originals. I believe they will help stop the posts totally cracking where the old, smaller screws end, like mine did. The 12mm screws reach down into the better supported part of the posts.
    IMG_0344.JPG

Shovel also could use longer screws because of possible breakage but I do not know what length of screw to suggest. It's possible the same size screw I used for Burdens legs could also work there. This is not my picture but this is why longer ones might be necessary.
    shovel.jpg

Other than that IDK, so hopefully this helps a little.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What blingo said plus there have been reports of screw posts breaking in the waist and some problems with scavenger both of which I'm seeing the parts on mine spreading apart a little and the closest screws just spin so I know they are broken. I took the G1 head apart for batteries and the thigh covers off to strip the silver paint and had posts breaking there as well. So this is half of constructor, so not cool! Imo, to answer your question, what screws on what bots? All of them! The thing is a beautiful disaster! If you wanted to make a project out of it to end up with a rock solid constructor, you could slowly start taking every bot apart repairing posts that are damaged and trading out screws for longer ones that will thread into the plastic without further cracking it. There have been people that had issues with Bonecrusher, Mixmaster, & Hook as well so there isn't a defined area of weakness.

• Like Like x 2
  18. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I have been perusing the last few pages and reading about all of the issues with screws and plastic breakages and I feel for all those who jumped into the game late to get this fella. I know from the first one I ever purchased that TW's products were very hit and miss, but this is ludicrous. The last one I bought was the X version from Terry and I have been very fortunate to not have a buttload of issues with it. Surely, TW has to be the epitome of a shitshow company. Damn shame.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    It took a perfect storm of circumstances for me to buy this set and I got it for less than half of what I've seen it listed for on TF Source. Even taking all of that into account, I'm still not sure that it's worth it. It's just a really shoddy but great-looking set that happens to be sold by a manufacturer who is not exactly receptive to his consumers' input.

• Like Like x 1
  20. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Dude. TW doesn’t give ten shits about any complaints. They have been pumping out that model for years and it’s a damn shame they run such a terrible company. And yet all of us, that includes me, are like herds of cattle to slaughter to get their devy because no one else has stepped up and done one that is top notch. If FT ever did their own, TW’s constructor would plummet in value like a brick.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 3