Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

Has anyone figured out how to take apart Allocator's crotch area to try and fix the breaking hip issue? I transformed each of my figures when I first got my yellow set and didn't realize this was such a common problem. I figured I'd try plastic cement to basically fuse that broken part back together but I can't get the crotch area open.. it's like one of the detailed parts is super glued over the second screw hole....

2. Delduwath

Delduwath Well-Known Member

Any photos in this thread that I could reference to see what the cracked screw posts might look like?

From what I understand, the orange set it packed in the clear plastic clamshell, not in foam packaging.

3. HeroicVillain

HeroicVillain Well-Known Member

That still blows my mind, but hopefully it's well packaged from your seller and won't bend or jostle. Good luck!

4. Delduwath

The part that's really messed up is that in the clamshell, they don't even have a dedicated slot for every item. If I remember correctly from the photos I've seen, one of the Devastator heads is just hanging out in Scrapper's scoop - no padding, nothing to hold it in place.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Grimlock212

Grimlock212 Well-Known Member

This is correct.

6. Blingotron

Blingotron Well-Known Member

Here's what mine looked like when I first opened the box, transformed it into bot mode and was inspecting for damage. You can see cracking of the same post on both legs. Those were the most obvious.
    Burden Cracked Screw Holders and Plastic (both legs).JPG

After I contacted ShowZ (6 months ago!!!!!!) I decided to put rubber bands on the legs to take to the stress off the remaining posts while I waited for replacement parts, but that did not work. The left leg literally fell apart in my hand when I picked him up one day. All the posts cracked in the left leg and at least 2 are broken in the right, down near the ankle. Here's how that looks. I'm not the only one who had this problem either.
    01.jpg IMG_0344.JPG

This is where i'm at now because my first fix attempt failed spectacularly. One day I will harass @Sqlwizard for help on fixing this because he's been through the same thing. Hopefully you don't have to!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Delduwath

Wow, that super sucks, holy crap! Thank you for the pointer, I'll check that out when the set arrives. I got this guy from TFSource, and I've heard extremely mixed feedback about their customer support/parts replacement service, and of course ToyWorld doesn't exist for purposes of parts replacement, so I guess any repairs will more than likely have to be totally DIY, right?

Really shocking to see the part broken so thoroughly.

8. HeroicVillain

HeroicVillain Well-Known Member

That is so upsetting.

• Like Like x 3
  9. borp

borp Well-Known Member

Wow, i would recommend you guys find one of the early ones on ebay. I got the 2nd version of it, when they first released with a different head and green thighs. I've transformed it about a dozen times, never had any issues with it. Even back then quality was seriously hit and miss, but now it seems like it's really gone off the deep end

10. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    Shovel just snapped in half today.

Or rather, I discovered that he’d snapped in half today. I’ve never done anything with this set besides combining it and leaving it on a shelf… So, even the act of it sitting still broke him in half at the waist. Was moving shelves around and lifted him off the bottom shelf when his leg just came off like a broken candy cane.

You should not buy this set if you haven’t already, people. It was a piece of shit the moment I took it out of the box and it’s done nothing but degrade under its own weight, apparently.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Marker

Marker Well-Known Member

How long ago did you get yours?

12. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    Almost exactly six months ago to the day is when I got it in the mail. I’d guess that I probably ordered it about a month before that.

Right as I did so, complaints were flooding in about Shovel and I told myself that since he wasn’t broken out of the box, maybe I could avoid major issues if I didn’t transform them.

But those shallow screws through his pelvis just couldn’t hold him together as a leg for the combined mode.

13. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Which version is it again?

14. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    The Perfect Edition, of course. It’s called that because it’s perfect.

• Like Like x 3
  15. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Figures.....

• Like Like x 1
  16. Blingotron

Blingotron Well-Known Member

Speaking of those shallow screws. I bought some M2 12mm laptop screws to replace those pitiful little screws holding Burden's legs together. I think if they used the longer screws to begin with I might not have had any problems with his legs.

I'm gonna have to see if I can find any images of Shovel being broken. I'd be interested to see if longer screws would've helped that too.

Edit: Found this from @Sqlwizard . He said he fixed his with longer screws and some JB Weld. He's an advocate of JB Weld to fix Constructor BTW. I don't blame him and will likely be doing the same with Burden.
    shovel.jpg

Here's the page where I got the picture from: Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    This is good info, dude. I just slapped some liquid cement onto his pelvis to see if it’d hold him and - for now - it seems to be.

But I’m fully expecting him to break again, even if it’s somewhere else now.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Grimlock212

Grimlock212 Well-Known Member

Before I got a replacement I used a zip tie. It actually worked well and wasn’t visible. Not a professional fix, but it gets the job done.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Marker

Marker Well-Known Member

I received my replacement parts from TFSource and Green Constructor has now taken the place of my old damaged Yellow.
    PXL_20210627_041824974.jpg
    PXL_20210627_042205038.MP.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  20. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube: