Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. JAIME ESCOBAR

JAIME ESCOBAR Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thank you friend

2. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Any time man.

3. JAIME ESCOBAR

JAIME ESCOBAR Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Any plastic weld like JB ?

4. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    What part or area are you fixing?

5. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yep. Sorry. Forgot to mention the name.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OmegaSupremePrime

OmegaSupremePrime Well-Known Member

I used the 2 part epoxy that you have to mix. Can't remember if it was specifically JB weld or not. I know the JB weld I usually use for other stuff is DARK grey but you can get clear stuff too.

Depending on the part your fixing pinning it could be a huge advantage too as to making it stronger. I have done thins a couple times and it usually turns out well if you have a large enough area to get some pins into. Just an FYI...

• Like Like x 2
  7. ArkhamSoldier

ArkhamSoldier Plastic Addict

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Guys, is it possible to use JB weld to fix the parts below?
    20210620_114907.jpg 20210619_102757.jpg Shopee_a177b13f5cca17e3fa8a9064c6d41b1e.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. OmegaSupremePrime

I would attempt it if it were my figure. There’s lots of room to build up the JB weld on the outside of the plastic to give it more strength on most of the screw posts. That main joint might be tough though at the top as you can build it up.

just be careful putting the screws back in is all.

edited: main top joint

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
  9. ArkhamSoldier

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Ok, got it

10. OmegaSupremePrime

I edited my last post but wanted to make sure you saw it.

just don’t build up around that top main joint as it has to for through the other leg piece if I’m correct.

I would still go for it though. JB weld is pretty good stuff.

11. ArkhamSoldier

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The bottom left, right?
    20210619_102757.jpg

12. OmegaSupremePrime

Correct. That one will be a bit tougher but you could always sand it a bit after if some seeps out of the fix. Or if on the inside just a small drill to take out the excess.

13. ArkhamSoldier

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Ok got it

14. zark225

zark225 The Day Fukr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  15. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

…it is so hard to pull the trigger on this set. Even if FT decided to release theirs (not that they can finish their first 2 combiners) I probably wouldnt be able to get my preorders in… but this set objectively is QC trash and will be full of issues…

I need an MP Devastator and Hasbro Combiner Wars isnt gonna cut it!

…Fxckin Damn It!

• Like Like x 1
  16. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Along with the advice given, I recommend finding the same style screws (preferably with the little slot milled in the tip for self tapping) but get them longer so they can get into the area of post below that's not broken. As we've been talking about with this problem is its happening because the plastic is too hard to have normal screws forced in trying to crush threads into it and its cracking. I would at least use a tap if it's easier to just get the same exact screws but longer. Aside from that the JB Weld is very strong but just make sure you clean anywhere you plan to apply it with alcohol and if you can scuff the surface and it will really hold on. As mentioned if it gets in the holes you can ream it out with a drill bit but I highly recommend the longer screws and tapping threads to avoid anymore stress on the posts and it will never break again.

The one that the knee pivots on though I would just super glue and tap new threads with a longer screw for sure

• Like Like x 1
  17. ArkhamSoldier

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Thanks for the tip

18. Magna Jet Convoy

Magna Jet Convoy Well-Known Member

Good luck @ArkhamSoldier , gosh this is awful that collectors have to go to so much effort for an expensive high-end product!

• Like Like x 2
  19. OmegaSupremePrime

I currently have 3 versions of Constructor and even with all the problems that are posted think of how many are problem free. I have had a few things break or bend here and there but even with that it's an amazing figure! I have zero regrets about getting him. I personally think it's a much better looking and functioning figure then Zeta's combiners. We will have to wait to see what Fanstoys produces though.

Excellent additions for sure. I was not aware the original screws were not that long but it makes perfect sense now seeing the breaks. I personally don't like to sand or file where the break is because I like to use the break a guide and template of where it all goes back together so it's properly aligned. If your going to think of reaming it out after I might go the way of slightly slotting it on the side a bit on the main shaft and the broken top. Just to give it something to bite onto a bit more. Kind of like this but I would only do one slot on each piece as to not take away the strength and only slightly, maybe only a millimeter or two.

[​IMG]

I personally found Aliexpress a decent source for these types of screws as I couldn't find them locally to me.

I don't remember what type of screws Toyworld uses but by the sounds of it they are just normal screws. These are what screws for plastic generally looks like, although tapping it would be even better I imagine.

[​IMG]

This is a great little hand drill set that may come in handy int he future too. Perfect for these type of tasks.

5.34US $ 57% OFF|49/60pc Mini Twist Drill Bit Set Micro Aluminum Hand Drill with Keyless Chuck Hand Manual Drill Woodworking Drilling Rotary Tool|Drill Bits| - AliExpress

20. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Great info!

That's a really cool hand drill set, I've recommended one like it but that one comes with so many bits.

With the sanding I should have been clear because I agree, use the break as your guide to get everything back together but if building up epoxy on the outside of the post to strengthen, sand the shiny surface of so it will stick.

The screws toyworld use are typical coarse thread screws that end up pushing material outwards more than cutting through, especially with how hard the plastic is. They are also as short as all the tips broken off in the pics everyone has been uploading. Those screws are right and have threads more like a blade although I'd still be worried about their plastic cracking, it just seems too brittle. I was thinking of these:
    Screenshot_20210620-013344_Chrome.jpg

With that milled (shank slot) it has an edge like a tap to continuously cut threads while still having useful threads to the tip of the screw.

I'm really tempted to pull some screws from mine so I can measure the thread, pitch, shank, and length so that info would be available to source different screws but I'm nervous at the same time that if I touch a screw its gonna cause a break. I dealt with this putting batteries in the head and more when I took the thighs off for stripping.