Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Blingotron

Blingotron Well-Known Member

I had to buy longer (M2 12mm) screws to hold Burden's legs together because of 6 broken screw posts, all 4 broke on the left side and 2 posts broke on the right leg down near the foot. It's holding for now but I still have to reinforce/rebuild the post that holds the spring and ratchet piece. No idea how i'm going to do it though.

• Like Like x 1
  2. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    You are probably catching TW at a time when their production is just at an all time low. Yes there were QC issues in the past and they were random. I had a few minor issues, but my seller Showz was able to help me out. I will say that most American companies will not be able to help you with replacement parts in the long-term compared to Showz. Showz is able to reach out on your behalf and get your parts should they fail or break. This happened to me on a few occasions and Showz never let me down. I can't speak for other retailers that reside in Asia, but I can definitely vouch for him. Their establishment has always been able to get me out of a bind and all of my Constructors have come from him. So yea, I can definitely say that TW's QC has gotten worse and it's a roll of the dice with an American company who sells one to you. And as mentioned, a preowned one that has been verified as pretty solid is another route, but should you break something you can pretty much forget about contacting TW directly. They don't deal AT ALL with people who support their insanely expensive toys so yea they SUCK ASS, but they are the only ones who have made a really toon accurate devy. Good luck in your hunt man.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Blingotron

I also bought mine from ShowZ and they haven't been able to help me at all thanks to TW. It's been 6 months since I contacted them about Burden's legs being broken and all i've heard back is crickets. I wouldn't single American companies out in all this. They can't get parts because TW doesn't want to give anyone parts, and that includes ShowZ. ShowZ even had a warning on their homepage about them a few months back about how TW wasn't giving out replacement parts for the time being. It's just too bad I didn't see the warning before I bought it.

That reminds me. It's really pissing me off that I had to even consider buying a new Burden just to have an unbroken one. I'm just happy people are here to help out for those of like myself who have zero experience with this type of stuff. If I were left dealing with this crap on my own i'd just stop collecting or have a pile of broken bots like I had when i was a kid.

@Moos Crew You're probably making the right decision to wait. Until TW gets their shit together, if ever, i'd pass on it unless you found an insane deal on one. Anyone who doesn't pass needs to know they need to be prepared to fix things. Sometimes minor and sometimes much more significant. I'd only recommend him to people who aren't bothered by dealing with repairs.

As an aside, I have the not-so-Perfect Edition. Not sure if the problems spread across all models but i'm just putting it out there.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. sithfire30

sithfire30 Well-Known Member

Well - I've owned the original, the Perfect, the "old green" and "old yellow" and none have given me any major problems other than overly tightened joints. I last purchase was the Perfect edition on it's initial release....

since then, releases have slowly gone downhill. Misaligned parts, frozen joints, broken or missing parts...and plastic shells rather than the more protective foam pieces. If you've jumped into the party this late to the game then you've more than likely ran into these nightmares many have described. I'm glad I got mine when I did. Seems they are just milking the mold till something else comes along to take its place. I don't blame anyone who wants to wait...

Saying that, still an impressive piece when it works. I love mine.

• Like Like x 1
  5. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    A shame that has happened. I can say that the blame lies solely on TW. I feel bad for those who are just now getting in on the Constructor wave that has been in the works for the past few years. It definitely was not like this at the beginning. Spare parts were available and the bots were sold individually. I guess when TW split and Zeta toys was formed (at least that is what I read on forums) the shittiest of the people stayed on with TW to see just how many Constructors they could pump out in all sorts of colors and variations without any regard to customer service. Now I guess TW as bad as they are to begin with, have pretty much gotten to the point that buying anything from them is just a bad option all together. What a shame. So for sure the secondary market is the best option. A real shame no one came out and did one to compete with TW. If someone had, the price for TW's would have dropped dramatically. It is what it is.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Marker

Marker Well-Known Member

TFSource got back to me about my damaged parts and instructed me to send the affected figures back to them w/ a prepaid label. I noticed on their site they increased the price for the Perfect Edition to $519.99 (I got it for $499.99 last month).

7. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    They probably increased the price because of the likelihood they will be dealing with broken parts and they want to offset the cost in shipping. They should be getting a bucket load of new parts from Toyworld to take care of these issues. If they are opening boxes to take care of the problems, there is a good possibility they will find another broken one or swap out a bot for one on the verge of breaking. I personally would prefer to get brand new virgin parts never installed if I had to go through a warranty repair, that way I could use the proper screws or use a tap to properly thread the plastic posts so they can't break under the force of screwing in their screws.

I wish you the best for an overall outcome getting yours fixed! What a horrible issue Toyworld has created.

8. Blingotron

What's pissing me off the most in all of this is Toyworld is still an active company with current products out and they are still utter shit with dealing with replacement parts. There's no excuse for it.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Delduwath

Delduwath Well-Known Member

Sometimes I think "No other 3P company will give us an orange MP Devastator, I should get orange Constructor...", and when that happens I re-watch Sixo's video review of it, in which every single one of his bots had some QC issue (cracks, loose joints, or both) and that feeling goes away.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Hey, I was thinking about your repair for Burden and maybe this is a better way to go, threaded standoffs/spacers. Get the corresponding size to thread into the plastic post, do the math to make sure you trim off the correct amount from the post, and screw in the standoff giving you new threads to put him back together with. They come in aluminum and plastic and easy to make either work. I'd use the aluminum but most likely the original toyworld screws will no longer screw in to hold him together so you'd have to get machine threaded screws that match heads if you want it to look like toyworlds screws. The plastic would be strong enough to hold him together afterwards but you'd have to use a tap to thread the post so they screw in otherwise the threaded portion of the standoff would break trying to force it to make threads. You can get these at McMaster's carr like this pic and since these are very common in computers, radio shack or similar electronics stores have them. I think I even have some and can double check all the hardware I have and check them against constructor so I will know that they work. If they do and you want to try this I can send them to you. Screenshot_20210615-134349_McMaster.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    When I saw the image I thought you guys were talking about Transformer Toilet paper options

TP2.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  12. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Gotta wipe a piece of shit with something! I kid, I love my constructor! Love/hate like everyone else.

13. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    If you don’t plan to transform it, you should be fine. But on principle alone, I’m annoyed that I purchased from TW.

14. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Under Maintenance [-0%-]

News Credits:
    Someone please, even just OS'ing THIS would be enough for me.

[​IMG]

I will die happy with an MP Devy that looks like this.

Maybe at least a little bit taller than Constructor just to troll TW? :D 

• Like Like x 8
  15. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This thing is bringing so many MP people into legends cause we're all so thirsty for some characters like this.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    It is insane what is being designed in legends scale lately! With oversizing and maybe polishing up on some of the joints, they would fit in the MP line making people so happy!

17. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Meanwhile there's New Age showing that extremely skinny to-a-fault toon Devy isn't the best of ideas.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Honestly MS Devastator shows me I can like from Cartoon accuracy while New Age Devastator is why I really don't.

18. Delduwath

Delduwath Well-Known Member

I mean that's the thing, if I'm gonna spend $500-$600 on a set, especially a set that has been in production for 1000 years with 300 different variants, I expect every flaw to be ironed out by now. I don't want to buy a large Devastator action figure, you know? Even if I never actually have the time to transform the guy, for $500? I expect it to not be cracked for goodness sake. I feel like that's an incredibly low bar!

• Like Like x 2
  19. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Toyworld doesn't own an iron

• Like Like x 2
  20. FiveThousand

FiveThousand Well-Known Member

Deformation Space could do an OS since apparently they are OSing a starscream.