Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. mantisfists

mantisfists Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    What type of lube? I'm guessing not the kind I have. That'd be one freaky Devy. Do I need to worry about the lube ruining that beautiful weathering and do I need to let it soak at all or should I work it in?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blingotron

Blingotron Well-Known Member

Amazon has a deal on 4oz Super Lube for $4 (if you're not in the US IDK!). It's usually $13. A LOT of people use it and it works very well, though. Regular Silicone Shock Oil is good too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

WD40 on the ratchets. Or Silicone shock oil.

4. mantisfists

Ebay:
    Ok, so I finally got these guys transformed. Holy crap, that was stressful! Definitely need to lube some joints. Only had 2 QC problems and they were both with Shovel/Scrapper. The joint for his left elbow is backwards, which is no big deal, but the poor guy's also got two right hands.
    IMG_7878.JPG

Anybody got an extra left hand they want to sell? Figure I'd try here before I try to contact Toyworld for a replacement.

All in all, feel VERY lucky and excited to have this set.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Arkine

Arkine Throws the boxes away.

TFsource hasn't responded to my last 2 emails about the replacement part.
    I'll give them until next weekend if they still haven't responded I'll probably give up and glue longhaul's shoulder with the cab up to keep combined mode solid and give up on robot mod.

I think I'm going to abandon my original collection idea of getting every S1 and 2 character with how exhausing the MP scale has been.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Arkine

Arkine Throws the boxes away.

Hopefully the last update. TFsource agreed to mail me the part I need without having to send them my fig for repairs. Next step is to shock oil all the joints, pose the bot one last time then never touch it again.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Negative on WD40! It's not a lube, it's a penetrating oil and its properties although not toxic or caustic can degrade rubbers and plastics. Will it eat through the plastic these things are made of, probably never but it can effect integrity so with all the problems this set has, dont create anymore! Silicone all the way! It has no effect on plastics/rubbers other then making them nice and slippery. It comes in liquidy spray to thick almost sticky goop. It's the KY jelly for bots, safe in all orifices! ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  8. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    What do you guys think, would a bot repair service be worth it? I have fixed soooooo many issues like what's going on here with bots and all kinds of other toy/collectibles, auto and motorcycle parts as well that these kind of repairs are second nature to me. I got involved with mechanics as kid and pursued that til I got into machining and manufacturing and that experience has helped save a lot of things from the trash. Honestly I'd prefer to help anyone fix their own (if its something they want to do) so they get the experience and know how, but since it's not everyone's cup of tea to dive in pulling things apart, cutting, grinding, gluing or screwing;) :p  I figured it might be something to offer.

• Like Like x 3
  9. pilot00

Never had a single plastic component,toy or figure have suffered anything in 30+ years. I have no idea how this came up as a belief....The only 'problem' you might have, is that the thing is not permanent.

• Like Like x 1
  10. mantisfists

Ebay:
    I ended up getting some of the silicon lube and it worked like a charm. Now, he's perfect, other than that left arm of Shovel.

Along those lines, I bought this guy on Ebay (netclow) off a seller who had it for almost $200 cheaper than what everyone else was charging with $10 shipping. Was very worried about what was going to arrive and what condition it was going to be in. He used Toyworld's own shipping box to ship it in, but reinforced it slightly. I got lucky, it got here undamaged with it's only problems being the ones I mentioned and with those problems, he's working with me to get a new hand and hopefully elbow joint. All in all, I'm very pleasantly surprised with my experience with this seller, both with the sale and after sale.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I've had wd40 ruin or start to degrade some parts and products in the past, mostly softer materials. Its petroleum based is why. Sometimes something can feel just as hard and durable as similar products but be made of a material that just wont hold up. Like I said earlier it most likely will never cause any problems with most hard toy plastics used but it is a thing and sucks when it happens thinking this very harmless universal oil should work. You are right with it not being permanent and it will mostly evaporate with not enough residue left behind to act as lube.

12. pilot00

Wont counter argue, but the only thing that comes to mind is that plastic polymers are also petroleum based. Then again I sucked at chemistry big time so....I can only speak from experience. Silicon sprays can work better, its what it is in the end.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    Just to say, netclow is one of the solid Chinese eBayers, so you chose well!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Yep, never had any issues with netclow.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Chrackalakis

Chrackalakis Astrotrain Engineer

Ebay:
    I have a MISB TW-C07X Perfect Edition one of these for sale in the Junkion Exchange that I bought to keep as a MISB second, if anyone is still needing one.

16. sithfire30

sithfire30 Well-Known Member

17. Moos Crew

Moos Crew I make stuff

What’s the difference between this one and the perfect one

18. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    This one has the green thighs instead of silver and only g1 head included

• Like Like x 1
  19. sithfire30

sithfire30 Well-Known Member

I think this was the second release of the original version of Constructor. Darker color in the purples and greens. It didn't include the Studio OX Headsculpt..at least mine didn't. It includes the green upper legs which for some reason the perfect version painted over.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I thought the colors between the two were also a difference but when I looked at your pics they looked the same then I enlarged them on the screen and held it next to my perfect and they look the same. I know that's not the most accurate way to tell but I think the versions that got a different purple anyway are so different that no matter the lighting or whatever, it's a clearly different color.

• Like Like x 1