1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

ToyWorld BeastWars Predaking... I think?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Starganderfish, Jun 1, 2018.

1. mlgpapalouie

mlgpapalouie The King of Bad Luck

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    After thinking about this for a while im not in on the set now, but i wont say im out yet either
    Im interested to see what the combined mode and other bots are like

• Like Like x 1
  2. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Now...if the kept the overall shape and just added detailing, id be over the place, but....

I am having a feeling this discussion took place somewhere:

"Ok we reissued Devastator, who sold like hot cakes with that G1 upgrade kit 10 times. People loved it and we can discuss on the next project"
    "Lets do a G1 Predaking, people love Preds"
    "Yep, but lets make him highly stillised, lets throw all that feedback from Constructor out the window"
    "Yes lets do that, awesome!"

I mean....what the hell.....

Given that Tantrum is the one I am have 0 interest at all....I miiiiiiight do the same, but this does not bode well for my tastes....

3. byronicbluez

byronicbluez Active Member

Ebay:
    I really like Predaking. I looked at the new POTP Predaking but that design was a quick nope for me. If we get a TW Devy sized Predaking, Feral Rex will be the first toy I ever replace.

• Like Like x 2
  4. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was really holding out hope that Hasbro would pull a rabbitt of of their hat with Predaking. Alas, every picture, every review just confirms my disappointment.

I still say that if Mastermind's Devastator combiner turns out good, a Predaking in that format would be delicious!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess for me the only way this will get a look-in will if one of the three modes looks proper G1.

TW Devy does a pretty decent job as G1 Combined mode. Bot modes are good but pretty stylised and the alt modes are a bit of a mixed bag.
    Zeta Bruticus is much the same (though most of the bots are a lot worse and several of the alts are incorrect)
    Zeta Superion actually does pretty good from what I've seen and there's a good chance I'll get at least a set for either Combined or bot modes.
    FT Menasor and Superion look to be ticking all the boxes so far for Alt and Bot, though Combined modes are not yet revealed.
    XTB Menasor does nice with Alt, is too short for me in bot, and uses a distressing amount of fake parts and shadow-play for combined mode, but may still get a look in for one mode.
    DX9 Menasor doesn't really work for me in any mode.
    MMC Bruticus isn't proper MP for me due to tiny combined mode for the sake of a gimmick
    UT Bruticus does four characters in both modes really nicely, miffs it a bit with Onslaught and totally botched combined mode (may be worth picking up the limb bots, Zeta's onslaught and a kit to combine them into a proper Bruticus)

I can't think of any others that are even trying to do MP - Gen Toys Devy is too small and too stylised, and while their Defensor looks amazing, he's not G1 (IDW I think?)

So yeah, If TW manage to make this passable in Combined mode and the final price is competitive, It may get a look in, but so far they're completely off base for me in bot and alt.

6. Bujo

Bujo Well-Known Member

I was debating about buying one of the oversized KOs of MMC's Predaking, but if TW is doing a stylized version (because enough is enough with the boring G1 stuff) with Devy's build quality then I'll be all over it. For display purposes I enjoy having two different interpretations with one team combined and one team in individual forms. Plus it seems to be the only way to keep the Decepticon numbers on par with the Autobots. So far the design style looks great, and I hope the build quality matches.

• Like Like x 2
  7. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

The good thing about this set iis that the amount of combiner kibble is keeped to a minimum, so if you want to display them individually you won't need to store giant pants or torsos elsewhere!

• Like Like x 2
  8. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  9. Operative294

Operative294 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Bujo

Bujo Well-Known Member

That's what she said...

I'm not opposed to parts forming if it means a superior combined form, however fewer accessories means fewer things for me to misplace. On the upside, once I get the home renovation done I'll be building a custom display into my current shelving and your mention of combiner kibble has me thinking off making hidden storage for extra accessories.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  11. kojacker

kojacker Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  12. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I saw a preorder for this at ShowZ. Before I looked at it more clearly I was thinking, "What, ToyWorld is doing that lion Hot Rod that DX9 did, too?"

Sheer curiosity will have me checking in on this every so often, but I'm holding out for Zeta, I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  13. LazyAza

LazyAza Ehhhhh

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Fucking sick. Most bad ass Rampage I ever seen.

• Like Like x 2
  14. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  15. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  16. TCJJ

TCJJ 113% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Huh, interesting, it's not on their Weibo page yet. Thanks for posting!

It actually looks pretty good but I can't help thinking it might retain the issues that MMC's Feralcons have (minor individual issues individually; bigger issues when combined, to the point that I'd prefer them as individual figures) but still be nice enough overall. So... not sure if I'd want to combine them.

You know, I'd be a lot more interested in this if it was the size of Feral Rex. Might make it cheaper too. Eh. I have to be honest, I do like what I see but I have zero confidence in ToyWorld, and I don't really have a place for this in my collection right now.

EDIT: Just noticed the big combiner peg on his back though. Eh... It's less egregious than Hasbro's approach but I'm not a big fan of it, either...
    Oh man, I LOVE hidden compartments and rooms and such. If you do that, please share it with us! I'd love to see what you come up with.

17. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  18. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  19. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 10
  20. TCJJ

TCJJ 113% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Seems like it's all up on ToyWorld's own Weibo page now (shared via those other pages which originally posted them). Interesting that they didn't put them up themselves.