1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

ToyWorld BeastWars Predaking... I think?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Starganderfish, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Raika

Raika Well-Known Member

What is that? I want one.

2. LazyAza

LazyAza Ehhhhh

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    And those updates seem to be yo we turned em in to zoids. Yay!

Can't wait to see Dbison Tantrum in particular but Shield Liger Razorclaw gonna be bad ass too.

Transforming version of this guy in red n orange would be sick as hell.

[​IMG]

Hope the combiner feet attach on the back and they've actually put a bunch of extra guns on it for the fully armed Dbison look.

• Like Like x 4
  3. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

Overkill!

4. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i'm hoping liger zero over shield liger, the shield liger is like the most basic and boring of all the ligers, i'd even take a blade liger which could hold the sword pieces but yeah Kilbison and Darkhorn are about to be sick

5. guarayakha

guarayakha Guara-guara-booyakha~!

Kotobukiya's HMM Zoids Saber Tiger. Not sure if you can still find them in stores, it's pretty old (2008)

6. TCJJ

TCJJ 113% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Eh, I'm not feeling it. I love Zoids designs, I even love the T-Beast designs because they're their own (Zoids-inspired) thing. This... just feels like they made Zoids that can transform, made them Masterpiece-scale for no particular reason (again, as I've mentioned before, there's a disconnect between style and scale going on here), and this is still just line art - I have a feeling the final product will be pretty mediocre and won't remotely live up to the designs.
    ToyWorld did say we should be seeing a grey prototype before Chinese New Year though so... there's that.
    It's not a T-Beast combiner. T-Beast is just a couple of doujin art books with Transformers in a Zoids-like (and sometimes Gundam- or general Super Robot-like) aesthetic. Basically, if it's not in the T-Beast books, it's not a T-Beast design. Anything else is just a separate creation, regardless of inspiration.
    I mentioned this already but everyone seems to have missed it.
    It's Masterpiece-scale though. Just not really Masterpiece-style.
    @Starganderfish, you might want to throw these things in the OP so people stop asking. ;) 
    Kotobukiya reissues their Zoids kits every now and then. They've been slowly making new ones too. I really need to get more than the few I have...

7. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Updated first post with new pics, though they may not be official colours?
    Nonetheless, the detail shows this is VERY stylised compared to G1.
    I mean it looks kinda cool and all, but this takes Toyworlds old "let's re-do MP our own way" to a whole new level.
    Zero interest from me if this is accurate I'm afraid. I do G1 MP and the toonier the better. But 'm pretty sure there are plenty of folks out there who'll dig this style.
    upload_2019-1-6_22-33-24.png

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  8. TCJJ

TCJJ 113% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    The coloured ones aren't official, no, but I can't imagine it'll be drastically different to those digibashes.

Yeah, it's definitely too stylised for me. I know I keep saying it but Masterpiece collectors don't tend to go for something so stylised - this should have been in a smaller scale (Generation Toy or TFC combiner size, for example). As it is, I'm not sure that it has an audience (who will actually buy it).

9. Prime time 101

Prime time 101 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    I don’t know as for me I love this style and I’m definitely picking these up, I’m going to put them with my PE Megatron and optimal Optimus because they seem like a similar esthetic

10. Operative294

Operative294 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just noticed something is missing from the combine form, where's his fist spike?

11. Prime time 101

Prime time 101 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Yeah I notice that too hopefully the final product will have them

12. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This will sell only because it has no competing MP products. I'm confused why TW is calling this G1 with updates, as I don't see anything to fit that comment. It feels more like either or all IDW/Sudio Ox/BW to me. I would think seeing how well Zeta's aerialbots and before that constructicons they would've followed closer to toon stylizing or go even more.
    One thing is for sure, clear plastic will be back with a vengeance starting with the top of the cat head. I can't wait :puke: 

• Like Like x 3
  13. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Maybe I'm in the minority but I think a cool engineering idea would be to have the ability to rotate the feet/heel spurs. That way those who want traditional robot feet can have that and those who like the animal claw/BW style feet can have that.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ToyWorld are a little schizophrenic when it comes to design and styling. Their Bayformer Prime is extremely accurate to the source material. Their Legends scale Wheeljack is also a pretty damn good G1 representation given its size. But then you look at their Devy, Springer, Kup and Prime, as well as this thing. And does anyone else remember those disastrous prototypes of Hoist and Trailbreaker they showed us.
    The worst thing is that, as others have said, this Predacon style is actually really cool and would look amazing if used as a re-interpretation for a different line/ scale or for a Voltron or Zoids style product. But trying to shoe-horn this into G1 MP is just way too much of a stretch for most people. Ironically, if they could just bring themselves to design a G1 Predaking, they could probably be first to market and make a clean sweep of the board.
    But they won’t or can’t do that. I suspect it’s due to them hiring or contracting a bunch of different designers and then being stuck with whatever those designers provide them. Someone like XTB or FT on the other hand can tell their designer “give me this character in this style” and that’s what they get.

• Like Like x 3
  15. TCJJ

TCJJ 113% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    My point is that whilst some people, such as yourself, will like these, the style and scale don't really match and so the market for this product is very niche. Therefore, I don't think it will do very well, and that's assuming the product itself isn't garbage to begin with (which, knowing ToyWorld, it could very well be).
    Yeah, this is definitely an issue. I would not be surprised if ToyWorld is just buying up more existing designs at this point, like how their movie Prime was originally going to be released by Black Mamba (unless ToyWorld are Black Mamba, since they were also iGear and that other company... CHMS, or whatever, who did modified KOs - speculate away, I guess). Their problem is definitely consistency. And also that their movie Prime is fat and has a horrible vehicle mode, even though it's pretty accurate in robot mode (but still fat).

• Like Like x 1
  16. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Come on dont play the drama queen card. You came here and all you said was official this, official that, everything else is trash I saw it on video. Did you really expected any better?
    Either deal with the fallout of your posts or dont post these kinds of shit at all. Nobody told you not to like what you like, and this is shit about defensive positions is just that: Shit.
    Its not only laughable but also pathetic that you have to resort to such tactics.

Now that new picture confirms my greatest fears. I believe I am out of this set, unless something gloriously unexpected happens.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Memph99Q4Ev

Memph99Q4Ev Well-Known Member

Annnnnd my original point exactly. Multiple PredKings on the market and possibly another fail. Thanks for backing me up! Have a good one!

18. pilot00

Υοur logical process is astounding.......

19. mlgpapalouie

mlgpapalouie The King of Bad Luck

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Can everyone stop with the multiple predakings stuff
    Like theres 4
    Two of them suck so much they basically dont exist
    One is extremely old and not mp scale
    And this is physically the only one thats mp scale
    Maybe
    Just maybe
    They all suck to you because only ONE so far even fits the collection you have

• Like Like x 4
  20. pilot00

Logic? In here? Bah!

• Like Like x 3