ToyWorld-03 BII (Not-Bumblebee)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by triknot, Dec 28, 2013.

1. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Super Mod

News Credits:
    A little bit of a thread res here, but I just wanted to pop in and say that I purchased a Bii, and he arrived today...
    Overall, I am very impressed with this figure...very happy to have him standing on my MP shelf.

2. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah I want one as well when I ever find him for a price I can afford. I love the blue windows.

3. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Despite MP-21's imminent release (my wife who's currently in Japan at the moment has received an e-mail from Amazon.JP confirming my x2 MP-21 Bee preorders just today), I still have TW Bii on my radar. I'm sure he'll looking smashing next to TW's IDW Cliffjumper (Bungee).

4. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

I think he looks infinitely better than the MP. No fake parts, either. A solid win.

5. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Just got mine in today, he looks great in my MP shelf. This is the first time that I'm skipping an official MP for a third-party counterpart (not that there are many areas of overlap anyway). Bii just looks better to me in every way. Better proportioned, is the right frigging color and his face sculpt doesn't look like a fat kid stuffed into a Bumblebee costume (fucking hell do I hate that face sculpt on the official MP), and the alt mode, while seriously chibified, is cartoon accurate. While still expensive, the official MP is similarly priced and nowhere near as good, imo.

6. NotTheFace

NotTheFace Lightning Strike

Not sure if you're interested, but just an FYI, aliexpress is having a 15% off sale today, and if you spend over $99, you get an extra $10 off. Uncle Billy has Bii for sale for $42.50 plus $9.20 shipped to the U.S.
    If I didn't already have him, I'd definitely pick him up for that price. I know that people have their own opinions on what the best representation of Bee is, but this one is pretty dead on.

7. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    It is a great little figure. Especially if you like the Chibi alt mode (which I do). I just with they had done a few color apps differently, but I can easily overlook those.

8. koonfasa

koonfasa Well-Known Member

Great deal on Quantron there too...

9. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, it is a fun little figure. I much prefer what I've seen of MP-21, though, especially for a Masterpiece shelf. Bii has great proportions and is fun to handle, but he's very much a reimagining of the character rather than an attempt at a cartoon/comic-accurate Bumblebee (which is fine, just not to my personal taste) - he shares the feet and horns with G1 BB, but other than that and some colour similarities, he's different from G1 Bumblebee in almost every single detail. Also, and I seem to be in the minority here, I really *hate* Bii's face sculpt (I think the MP sculpt is much better, even though too rounded and far from perfect - Bii's face just fails to capture anything about Bumblebee for me). Bii looks like a chubby baby wedged into the Classics Bumblebee helmet - like someone's about to pinch his round cheeks. I think the Chibi alt mode could have been done better, too - the windows are too tall, I think; I wish it had been closer in proportions to the G1 toy or more like the cartoon version (they got the hood perfect, but not much else). I really wanted to like the figure a lot more than I did. He's been a fun stand-in, but will be ousted from my shelf next month. :)  It's good to see he still has his fans, though, as he is definitely a decent stab at a G1 Bumblebee homage.

10. NotTheFace

I'll admit, for that price I was tempted to pick up a second one. Cubex Huff is also a pretty good deal. I did end up breaking down and snagging the OS KO Toyworld Throttlebots, though.

11. NotTheFace

I am looking forward to having both in hand at the same time to compare, especially with the Dr. Wu MP face upgrade (if I remember correctly, I think you had some input there, which looked awesome). What is funny though is that I picked up Bii about a year ago for $50, after seeing how rounded MP Bee's face was (I was originally just going to get just the MP). I have to say I don't regret it.

12. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Agree on the head sculpt. The Classics head never worked for me. Just looks fat.
    Surprised no one ever made a battle mask for Bii... At least I never saw one...

13. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still on the fence for this figure. I hate the face sculpt. Are there any heads that anyone recommends from other bumblebee figures which are a good replacement? And if so, can someone post a pic with the head on?

14. theosteve

Bummer. Wish I could use Paypal to get this from Uncle Billy.

15. theosteve

Funny about the face sculpt complaints. It's the face on the MP that looks ugly and fat to me. This one looks much better than the MP ( and Toon) face.

16. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

News Credits:
    Message uncle billy. He has been receptive to payment by paypal in the past if you just ask.

17. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thanks for the tip :thumb 

18. DogFriedRice

DogFriedRice Well-Known Member

There's the MGS head which I quite like.

[​IMG]

19. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, I used that one as well on one of my Biis - it takes a lot of shaving down of the waist of Bii to get it to fit, but it does look pretty good - from the front at least. My only gripe with the MGS head is that it looks really odd from the side. The Classics head would probably work quite well, though.

20. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    MGS?