Toys you think looks cool but likely won't get

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Revoticus, Jul 27, 2021.

1. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Robosen Optimus…he’s neat, and the play possibilities are endless for those who want to fiddle with the programming…but $700…

Unicron and pretty much any Titan class bots: awesome…but no place to put them

T-Wrecks: looks excellent…I just don’t do (many) repaints

SS86 Blurr, Kup, Jazz: I’m happy enough with previous CHUG iterations of those characters

SS86 Hot Rod, Kingdom Tracks, Kingdom BA: Ownership of the MP precludes my need for the figure

Any MPs released after the MP47 clusterfuck

2. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Surprised no one has brought up flame toys

I love the way the kuro kara kuri and furai action stuff looks (even own some) but I really have to be super duper picky at the prices they command

3. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    Fans Hobby Power Baser V2 looks cool but vastly exceeds my budget.

FH Archenemy looks nice too and is more reasonable, but still too expensive for a character I didn't know much about until recently.

MP-39+ Spinout is nice but I already have essentially the same figure in Cordon, and he looks way better, IMO.

4. bkh

bkh Well-Known Member

Siege Omega Supreme - No room and I would prefer Scorponok to take up any space since I like him more.
    Flame toys Windblade - I have big ugly fumbly hands and cannot put models together. She is the one I would buy but would have no way to put her together.
    Everything Iron Factory - I have decided to not go down that rabbit hole. Too many of the older items are out of my budget.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    Pretty much my feelings regarding nearly everything by Newage. Scaramanga has been in my sights several times, but I’m not pulling the trigger.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BlastOff682

BlastOff682 Well-Known Member

Haslab Unicron. As much as I want him hes unfortunately too expensive and I have no place to put him :/

• Like Like x 1
  7. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Pretty much most Titans.

I have both TR Titans. I found Trypticon for $50.

I just don’t have the room for Titans. I would love to have Scorponok and Omega Supreme.

8. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Takara Generation Select Super Megatron. I still think about getting him but he doesn't fit in with my WFC collection.

It's such a cool looking figure but I don't think I'd end up enjoying him much. I'm always torn about this one.

9. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

I legitimately want to check out almost every Transformer ever made, so a lot of them fall into this category. For instance, I have no interest in the movie stuff but love the look of Leader DOTM Shockwave and Blackout.

10. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    He fits in decently enough as Megatron counterpart against Galaxy Optimus I find. He gives me Animated vibes for some reason, I think it’s the jet mode. It’s just so extra.

• Like Like x 1
  11. beastfanboi

beastfanboi Al Capone died of syphilis

Studio series bonecrusher and scrapmetal because they are stupidly expensive in the aftermarket (2000 mxn pesos to be exact)

12. Deltron Magnus

Deltron Magnus TFW's Prettiest Princess

Kingdom Ark: A transforming Ark is a cool idea (I'd love an Animated Omega Supreme), but something about the robot mode just isn't doing it for me.

Fossilizers: Well, unless you count Transmutate. They look, really, really cool, and I enjoy seeing all the crazy combinations people come up with - in that regard, they're better than the Weaponizers or Modulators. But when all is said and done, they just don't fit with my collection.

GS Black Zarak: Looks good, love the colors, but I don't want him bad enough to drop that much money. I'm wavering on my resolve of not getting Earthrise Scorponok, I'm confident I'll pass on getting his mold-mate.

Shattered Glass Megatron: The only SG figures other than the Optimus/Ratchet set I'm passing on so far. It's a fun variation on Siege Megs, and it's kind of neat seeing Megatron in those colors, but I'm buying the SG figures to re-purpose as other characters, and I just can't see that working with him.

T-Wrecks: The colors rock, but every time I look at him I just see Red BW Megatron. If they gave him a different face sculpt, I might have gone for him, but as it is, easy pass. I'm not opposed to the mere re-paints such as Optimus and Magnus, the Seekers, the Lambros, etc. But BW Megs is so fantastic in terms of both character and design that this just doesn't feel right somehow.

Most Live Action Movie Toys: It's a shame, because I really like to overall look and design of many of these. Some of the Bayverse designs in particular have a creativity that I appreciation. But just like the on-screen bots, the faces tend to kill it for me. So far all I have B-127. I might get tempted enough to get Shockwave and BB movie Optimus though.

I initially passed on Super Megatron too, and then the in-hand photos started rolling in and I ended up regretting that decision. Fortunately, I secured one from a Pulse restock. I use him as my present-day Megatron for my Core Crisis Comic (flashbacks will be Siege) which uses WFC figures for the vast majority of characters, and honestly, I think he looks very good with them.

I think the resemblance to Animated Megatron (the best Megs who doesn't say "yessssssss") probably has a good bit to do with why like him so much.

• Like Like x 2
  13. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    Had pre-ordered but cancelled the Jurassic Park crossover set…

If you ignore the licensing cost, the Autobot JP93 figure is literally a $52 glorified Cyberverse Ultra class figure if you take Tyranocon Rex at the $53 leader class face value. :confused: 

I might reconsider when YouTube reviews pop-up and/or if the set goes on sale.

14. BoomClank25

BoomClank25 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've flirted over the idea of buying at least one Titan several times, but space issues aside, I have no attachment to them as characters to justify it. Scorponok and Omega Supreme came close due to their base mode potential, but I think as far as expensive mainline figures go, I'm fine with the three I got (Jetfire, Sky-Lynx, SS Devastator).

ThreeZero figures are another set too. They all look amazing, and I'm kind of an articulation junkie, but a number of them are out of my usual budget. I dunno if I can compromise by buying just one when they look amazing as a set.

I put the down payment on SG Soundwave out of impulse since he looked cool and they sold out shortly after I placed my pre-order, but now I don't know if I still want to go through with it or eat the $38 loss.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  15. Notomus

Notomus I demand Studio Series DOTM Devcon

News Credits:
    Furai Windblade and Black Arachnia (hell anything Furai at this point)

Threw around the idea of getting Thundercracker and Devastator at one point but I ultimately passed, non transforming is just not it for me.

16. Blot

Blot The most disgusting of all Transformers.

News Credits:
    The new Black Zarak. Fossilizers.

17. RKStrikerJK5

RKStrikerJK5 number one Bangles fan on the boards

News Credits:
    Well, Haslab Unicr-

Son of a-you stole my answer! :mad: :lol 

but yeah, he's-no pun intended-the big one. No room, no money, and i've already got Unicron from Armada.

Also, any and all third-party toys. I can't justify it anymore. Any characters they make, Hasbro seems to make and the Hasbro ones are a LOT more fun for me.

• Like Like x 1
  18. GitGudGabe

GitGudGabe v e h i c o n

News Credits:
    Ultimates Banzai-Tron- looks dead on, and is a canonical action master, but 50 is edging it for a character with 0 appearances in fiction. May repurpose rotf mindwipe as him.
    JP Crossover set. Both mold look sick and that T-rex is probably my ideal deco for that mold, but i might bite on BW Megs or t-wrecks, soooo
    Kingdom mirage- Have Siege, and also that grimlock looks yucky.
    Also 3p in general

19. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

News Credits:
    Ironically it’s the lack of base mode that got my interest. Base modes have been super boring to me, it’s just a half transformed robot sitting down with weapons all over it

20. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Most 3P figures. I think they all look amazing, but I won’t buy them, and I know that.

Holy Hell yes. Wanted to get their Battle Convoy but holy shit is that no longer feasible.