Toys Which You Never Want to Transform Again

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by solitudinal, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Universe Ironhide. The red paint around the clear windows started wearing off pretty quickly. This might be the first time I buy a duplicate of the same paintjob, simply so I can have a display figure and a fidget/play with figure.

2. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    Didn't know this thread exists. Anyway, for me, it's the '74 Camaro Movie Bumblebee. Transformed him to Robot Mode, but simply cannot get him back to Alt mode. His car hood simply cannot lock in place, without the help of a elastic band. And no, his tab is not broken.
    Needless to say, he's in Alt Mode ever since. And that swore me off all the other Movie TF toys (Movie BB was my first TF movie toy).

3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Movie Ironhide, Movie Ironhide, a thousand times over Movie Ironhide. I won't transform any of my Movie figures back to vehicle mode. I'm really hoping Hasbro simplifies the transformations for the RotF figures this year; I'd rather have figures that look good in robot mode even if the transformations are simplistic. If a transformation goes past the 20 min. mark for me, it's TOO LONG! Ironhide was over an hour.

I've said it before and I'll repeat it here; I'd only buy the Movie figures for kids if 1. the kid REALLY wanted the figure(s), 2. I didn't like the kid I'd be buying it for, or 3. I didn't like the kid's parents and wanted to stick them with the inevitable request for help for a pain in the ass transformation.

As for the Masterpieces, I won't bother trying Megatron, Prime, Magnus or Starscream. I only transformed Skywarp and Thundercracker to get them to robot mode; they were surprisingly easier than I thought they would be. Hardly a breeze, but I wasn't sweating bullets or anything either.

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I'd say MP Megs is the one I'm likely to transform the least. Easily the hardest/most complex of my transformers, but that isn't the reason why (I LOVE his transformation in all honesty), but the risk of him breaking just keeps me from doing it (as I had to do a repair job on him to get it so his barrel would stay on in bot mode, and it still feels a little loose on the joint it slides across. Also, he is in his box right now, because his feet have cosmic rust (I think, at least they are starting to feel kinda rough and don't shine like they used to) and I have no idea how to fix that, so I can't display him ;-;.

5. Lord Prime S.

Lord Prime S. Well-Known Member

So far, (I have a small collection:D )

Classics Sunstreaker and Binaltech Smokescreen.

I really really hate Sunstreaker's mold! It sucks!

6. Spoon

Spoon Banned

You're kidding right?
    There are no flaws in the mold except the slightly fiddly arms.

Worst fig to TF that I own?
    Movie Longarm.
    The feet never seem to lock-in in vehicle mode. It's a little thing, but it's really aggravating.

7. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Darth Vader/Death Star.
    I've got it as the death star and it's never gonna be Vader again because it's taken me 30 each of the two times I transformed it back into the star.

Universe Unicron:
    Not hard, just that he's kinda chillin' out hanging in his planet mode and I wouldn't have a spot for his huge planet butt if I transformed him.

8. Cascadia

Cascadia Mt. St. Hilary

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Like most people in the thread, mine is the Alt/BT Mustang mold. They stay in car mode and stored away.

9. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All my alternators are staying in car mode. It makes the shelf look less cluttered and prettier, and really I don't care much for them any more.

Classics are the perfect transformers now.

10. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

All my Alternators and Cybertron Evac.

None of these guys are ever going to see alternate mode again.

11. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    BT-13 Laserwave..

12. jessecuster

jessecuster One Goal!

News Credits:
    Count me in on the SWTF Death Star Vader.

Also, Ultimate BB will never be a car again and Animated Voyager Starscream will never be in Alt mode again.

13. misterbinky

misterbinky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Marvel Crossover Venom. Crap on a cracker, that toy is hard to transform. Only toy I've ever needed YouTube assistance for transforming tips.

14. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    No such transformer. There are some which I enjoy transforming more than others, but I've transformed every single one of them multiple times and intend to continue doing so in the future.

However, for the sake of this thread, I'll mention a few TFs which I don't enjoy TFing that much:

1) Masterpiece Megatron; the transformation is incredible, it just takes way too long (as in, 1/2 hour).
    2) Alternators Tracks; it always takes me forever to get the legs aligned right when transforming him back to alt mode
    3) Alternators Silverstreak; damn those arms!
    3) Movie Deluxe Bumblebee (Concept Camaro); damn automorphs make it a lot more annoying than it should be

That's about it, really.

15. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My unwillingness to transform certain figures comes from fear of breaking something that would be difficult to replace, like my MA-21 OP and City/Shadow Commander Armors. I'd say MP OP, but I seem to have those coming out of my ears at this point. Complexity has never been a factor.

16. jamspeed

jamspeed Follow me on Instagram _jamspeed_

Ebay:
    Alt Prime, can't get him to look right in truck mode. Also G1 Megatron, as he has stickers in places where there are moving parts, there is too much of a chance of damaging them. He's not the only G1 bot with this issue though.

17. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Yeah I'd have to agree on the Alternators Prime. Aligning the front sections is just a pain in the ass for me. The second toughest Alternator was Skids, but I spent a half hour just transforming his front section back and forth to get it down right. Skids is fun to transform now; especially since you can alter how you display the rear of the vehicle in robot mode. Personally I prefer to have it look like the back of the van instead of contorted and inverted like the instructions say.

Yet the all-time king of no transforming goes to....my Black Zarak. He's freakin immaculate and I dont wanna break anything on him. I transformed him into all of his modes for the 2k5 gallery - but they never posted it. I don't think I'll transform BZ ever again. If I wanna "play" with that mold I'll use G1 Scorponok. That figure feels hella solid when ya hold it; you know it isnt gonna break.

~Z

18. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

Universe Galvatron.

19. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    How change the times. I remember topics like this many eyars ago when Big Convoy, RID Sideburn and BW NEO Mach Kick were the most difficult figures.

I still think BW NEO Mach Kick was so hard. I had to take the instrcutions out to try to make it a horse again.