Toys that you like but others don't seem to.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DarthCrusher, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    Classics/Henkei Astrotrain for me. It always seems when people talk about the worst Classics/Universe/Generations figures, Astrotrain is brought up. I love this figure.

I'm also surprised Hasbro/FP hasn't repainted this mold yet.

2. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout Ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah.

News Credits:
    ROTF Arcee. I really like the design and she's got a pretty innovative transformation for a motorcycle. Certainly not the best figure ever made (and it could be much, MUCH better) but hardly the worst.

ROTF Mixmaster. Those panels on his arms are damn annoying because there's no clear way they're supposed to be oriented but the sculpting (in both modes), colors, and poseability are all really awesome.

ROTF Deluxe Skids. I HATE Mudflap's deluxe mold (colors, mostly) but there's something about deluxe Skids that gives me an oddly nostalgic feeling. I really like the contrast between the light and darker shades of green and the distinctly oversized fist (which is one of the few shortcomings of the far superior HA versions).

TF1 Payload. For some reason I find him adorable. If it weren't for the claw gimmick making him very top heavy, he'd be perfect.

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Ya cut me deep just now. Ya cut me real deep, boo.

4. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Off the top of my head...

Universe Galvatron.

Universe Tankor.

ROTF Rampage.

HFTD Dunerunner. (For some reason. Why do people hate this mold?)

5. herugrim

herugrim N/A

Ebay:
    Mostly Energon figs.

Optimus Prime (Awesome when combined with Wing Saber)
    Hot Shot & Downshift (look great combined with lots of energon weapons and minicons attached, also I like their character bios of Downshift being the new wreckless speedster who looks up to hot shot).
    Rodimus (Don't get the hate at all here. Great looking Vehicle, great looking bot, plenty of articulation and good combinations)

But I won't deny that the Autobot Megas were full of suck.

6. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

agreed!

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Energon Rodimus - I liked the 'racing truck' approach, and not as compromised by the 'everyone combines' gimmick as some.

Energon Grimlock. - A better Classics Grimlock than Classics Grimlock, as far as I'm concerned.

The 'glorified accessory' bots of A-E-C, Overload (my fave Sentinel Maximus), Energon Wing Saber, and Leobreaker (faves Botcon Razorclaw and Leo Prime). They all have severe (lack of) articulation issues, yet have an old-school badass charm, even when not combined with an Optimus.

8. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

Classics Astrotrain, triplechangers will always be a little off kilter in their alts, and as a first generation of classic he did fairly well and I wish they would repaint and use the mold again sometime.

Cybertron Mudflap, saw alot of hate for him long back, but the simple transformation always makes me feel nostalgic for G1.

9. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Universe Powerglide. Sure he is friggin huge, fairly poor representation of the original character, but for some strange reason I dig it. That being said, I would still like a Legends or Scout version of him.

Classic Voyager Megatron. For some reason the colors on him work for me. I do finally have the United version on the way (for some reason held off on the Henkei), but as far as the colors go, I am down with the funky shit.

10. COOL_ICE5

COOL_ICE5 Member

I love my masterpiece megatron , It could have been better.. i dont have any issues with it...

I also fancy my henkei galvatron as well, it would be great if its voyager class, a must acquire figure for me, although would love to have him transform into his g1 alternate mode rather than the tank.

Last but not lease my henkei megatron a.k.a Nerf gun... Love the guy, how many figure of megatron can transform into a hand held gun... good stuff...... Not saying that the other megatron i owned which transform into a helicopter, tank is bad.. variety purposes i guess.

I dislike the movie megatron figures...

11. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    I probably fiddle with WFC Bumblebee more than any other figure in my collection right now, and it's not exactly new. I've even broken my boycott on Cliffjumper repaints since I like that mold so much.
    Backstop is the king! I can't think of any rhinos that have made good TFs...maybe Transmetal/Armada Rhinox, although he has the facial expression of a man straining on the toilet.

12. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Almost forgot, people badmouth Universe Silverbolt and I love him to death

13. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

YES!

One of my favourite figures in my whole collection :D 

14. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Super Gobots !

Tank turrets, cockpits and drivers seats for heads = cool :thumbs2: 

15. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    Henkei Galvatron, I love the colors on it.

16. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I like the whole Armada line. I also like the universe Hotshot toy. That toy never made it to stores locally so I actually got Henkei.

17. Seeker Lord

Seeker Lord Well-Known Member

I remember there was some hate for Armada seekers once, I love them.
    Energon Mirage is another one that you either love or hate, I like him.
    WFC Cliff is pretty cool ( hate BB as a character so don't go there)
    Finally there is my fave "BRICK" G1 Hot Spot .... can't explain it, but I adore this thing.

18. Heat Blast

Heat Blast Laserbeak's Stunt Double

News Credits:
    I seriously have no idea... haha

19. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I totally agree that Universe Silverbolt is great. If they weren't so expensive, I'd have nabbed Darkwing and Skyjack by now. I'm dying to pick up Skyjack and the custom head set.

Don't remember people giving out anout the Armada Seekers but I love them. Thundercracker has one of the alltime best colour schemes.

I see a lot of people's problem with Galvatron is his size. There are oversized KO's at KOToys. I got an oversized Tankor. Getting a friend to repaint it closer to his official colours. The large size really makes the toy. Anyone else think his alt mode is reminiscent of War Within Motormaster?

20. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    10 pages in and no one's mentioned Cybertron Override yet. Great-looking car mode, poseable robot mode, decent gimmick. And yet I'm the only one who seems to like her. What gives? :confused: