Toys R US Releases Full List of SDCC 2014 Exclusives- Prowl and Sunstorm included

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by MetalicGrunt, Jul 17, 2014.

1. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    TRU has released the list of exclusives items they will be selling on site at SDCC

MP Prowl and MP SunStorm are among them:

Building on its tradition of offering an unbeatable assortment of toys for collectors of all ages, Toys“R”Us has revealed its full lineup of exclusive items available at the highly anticipated Comic-Con International in San Diego taking place Thursday, July 24 through Sunday, July 27. Conventioneers will find must-have merchandise based on fan-favorite series, including My Little Pony, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, TRANSFORMERS and more at the Entertainment Earth booth (#2243).

TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Prowl from Hasbro®
    Prowl is a clear thinker who is able to see beyond the chaos of battle and discover the rational route to victory. His logic center is the most sophisticated in the Autobot army, capable of analyzing complex combat situations and making strategic decisions almost instantaneously. Unexpected events have been known to briefly scramble his circuits, but there isn’t much this Autobot doesn’t see coming. As much as his fellow Autobots would like to see Prowl loosen up and crack a joke once in a while, they recognize that what makes him so brilliant on the battlefield is what makes him so disciplined off it. Conventioneers can take home this sneak peak item for $70.

TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Sunstorm from Hasbro®
    Fly too close to the sun and get burned. Get too close to Sunstorm, and get dissolved into a puddle of liquid scrap. Autobots beware, because this ultimate Decepticon flier is on the hunt for someone to fight. He converts from robot mode to fighter jet mode, and in either mode he’s armed for major combat. His canopy and nose cone open in jet mode, and his hidden missile pods deploy when he gets an Autobot in his sights. And, don’t forget to set him on his stand when the fight is over for the day. Fans can get this high-flying Decepticon with incredible battle features for $80.

Fans unable to journey to San Diego this year will also have the opportunity to purchase select items online at Toysrus.com/ComicConvention beginning at 10am EST on Thursday, July 24. All merchandise is available while supplies last, so fans should visit Entertainment Earth at booth #2243 or Toysrus.com/ComicConvention early to make purchases.

Toys R Us Reveals Its Full List of SDCC 2014 Exclusives! | The Allspark

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. EMP Starscream

EMP Starscream Arbiter of TFW2K5

News Credits:
    Did they use a MP-03 stock photo for Sunstorm?

3. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    Its a piss poor photo shop attempt with old MP-03 Stock photos.

4. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dangit, I need sunstorm!

5. rotten2shot

rotten2shot H8RED

let the shit storm begin for the price of these 2

6. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Prowl, yes. But TC and Acid Storm were both $75, Sunny's $80. I don't see the problem there.

7. Thelonicon

Thelonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At least in Prowl's case, I doubt it. You can buy the Japanese version for only a few dollars more. All the previous Hasbro Masterpiece figures were a lot cheaper than their Japanese counterparts.

8. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When sold at SDCC, did the previous Masterpiece toys have a markup? Because 70 dollars is a bit ridiculous. I payed 65 shipped a piece for Prowl and Bluestreak from an American retailer and had them months ago. Could have had them cheaper if I could have preordered from a Japanese site.

9. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    I think I'll just wait for Sunstorm to warm shelves like Acid Storm did and pick him up then.

10. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

So it's confirmed that the Hasbro version Prowl is no different from the Tak version?

11. rotten2shot

rotten2shot H8RED

I meant people will complaining on the price of the Hasbro's being tooo much and its such a rip off and its a sin..........LOL ok maybe not a SIN but you get the idea..
    and yes the fact you could buy the Takara version cheaper going thru Japanese e-tailers

edit: I was referring to Prowl not Sunstorm

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  12. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I could buy two KO Prowls for the price of one Hasbro or one Takara Prowl. Same toy.

13. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The fact that Prowl doesn't have any exclusive launchers makes this price even worse. I'm still going get him; I'm trying to be a US completionist, but if you compare that for $10 more you could have gotten Grimlock whose as big as MP-10, it makes it look ridiculous. Soundwave coming with everything last year really spoiled me with what to expect.

14. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Never thought mp toys would be cheaper in Japan than the USA ,Wow !

I fit my JPNs prowl shipped for 45 dollars roughly

15. nOObiE do0

nOObiE do0 noobious maximus

o my...How are the scalpers going to make money on prowl?

16. OrneryIronhide

OrneryIronhide Well-Known Member

LOL! I got my Japanese Prowl for $60ish and now there's a decent KO out for like $35! Somebody's really hoping TF fans have waited this long for Prowl and have deep pockets!

17. MenaceRx

MenaceRx Well-Known Member

Agreed, after getting MP Soundwave with all the tapes for the $120 tag 2 years ago its hard to swallow 70 for a basic Prowel that is identical to the Takara and probably not as High Quality. I was waiting for MP Prowl from Hasbro, but they just made it easy to pick up the Takara one instead.

The rest of the SDCC stuff is just meh, my daughter will like the MLP stuff though so if any are left I will grab those two for her.

18. rotten2shot

rotten2shot H8RED

the rocket launchers are probably to pointy,sharp or heavily spring loaded and would take an eye out to include them for American toy standards............LOL
    Plus side you could order them from toynk or other online places

19. Thelonicon

Thelonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh yeah. I can see that. I totally misread your post. For some reason I was already thinking about the crazy short term aftermarket spike in price that these things will have.

That said, yeah sure I'll complain a bit. :) 
    I am disappointed for the regular retail price of Prowl. The MP figures are fantastic for sure, but they are basically the size of a voyager figure and less complex than the larger Human Alliance figures which sold for $30 a few years ago and were also licensed vehicles.

On the plus side, knowing what Hasbro is charging for the smaller cars makes the "Get the Takara one now or wait for a cheaper Hasbro release?" dilemma much easier to decide. (i.e. Just buy the Takara one from a site that actually handles preorders in an intelligent way.)

The real fun will be to see what happens after the show when they are supposed to go up on the website. Any bets on whether or not ToysRUs.com will sell them at 4am instead of 10am like they did with Soundwave?

20. Spaceman1251

Spaceman1251 Legendary Warrior

Instagram:
    Man, I should've just bought a Takara MP Prowl a couple of weeks ago when BBTS had them on sale for $70. But I did get another MP Smokescreen for $70 when they were on sale, so that was pretty cool.