Toys R Us hits a new low

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ar78, Dec 15, 2016.

1. ar78

ar78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The $20 Combiner Wars deluxe was bad enough, but now Titans Return are marked $20 when Target and Walmart are selling them for $10.

I was also excited to see RID Combiner Force legion figures, the Springload is awesome. But for $9 Toys R Us can choke on them.

I wish they would just close their doors. It is insulting at this point. DSC_0137.JPG DSC_0136.JPG

2. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    don't they price match?

• Like Like x 1
  3. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Banned

Just price match. Toys R Us is always higher priced than department stores.

• Like Like x 1
  4. HellboyOne

HellboyOne Well-Known Member

Depends on the store here in LA. My local TRU has them for $17 and another a few miles away has them for $12. And they're never the same price from stock to stock, it seems.

5. LaserbeakEject

LaserbeakEject Fantasticon!

Ebay:
    I used to work at TRU and I always tell friends to at LEAST check out toysrus.com since they would absolutely have to price match that. They had up to 20% markups from the site alone sometimes! I told a father buying Metroplex that had to ask me for an online price match and it saved him about 25 bucks :) 

• Like Like x 1
  6. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    TrU is almost always a bit more expensive then Walmart. Besides if you want real outrage, check out the prices in Walgreens and rite-aid.

7. openchallenge

openchallenge It's own reward

CW figures are $22.99. My TRU still has one Swindle taking up a separately marked peg.

All my stores are clumped in one area so it's faster to go to the other store than jump through hoops to get a price match.

If I didn't need to kill time while family members where at medical appointments I probably wouldn't deal with them at all.

8. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I've never been able to get my TRU to price match anything. Not even their own website.

9. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I honestly buy nothing but exclusives from them anymore. I used to work for them, and my employee discount would help occasionally, but since quitting, it's not worth it.

I will say though, regarding the differences in price between stores, often times if a store is in an area with higher population, the prices are higher because they can be, since there's more competition for a product. My local store, the prices are par for the course (in TRU terms, anyway), but further south, one store's prices are consistently $5 higher.

Have you tried showing them this? Price Match Guarantee, We Match Competitors - Toys"R"Us, Babies"R"Us