Toys Alliance Archecore

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by RVDA, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Finally 64897045-870A-4AB9-AEBE-201DB4858114.png

• Like Like x 5
  2. Matrix Quest

Matrix Quest Can't Escape from the 1:60 Scale Diaclone World

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Got my Geri, lovely simple transformations, great desk toy.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ghilz

Ghilz Derpticon

Realized I have MMC's Saltus' spear that I dont use for anything. And it works well with him

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  5. Boknight

Boknight Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pack is on the move…

2C66EB05-04FB-442D-ACFB-80078F5B51D3.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  6. Nems

Nems Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    One of the hips on my Frost Light wasn't working right, so I opened it and this was awaiting me:

20220128_230250.jpg

Well that explains it.

7. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    After handling Frost Light, i'm all in for the wolves and trailer for sure. Only thing that's scary on mine are the shoulder pivots for transformation but given they have some give i'm not too worried right now

8. soybean56

soybean56 Well-Known Member

Just put Frost Light and Geri through their first transformation.
    Geri: Fun and simple transformation. Great wolf mode. Fun car mode.
    Little man with a cape: Neat for what he is, but I don't need more of them.
    Frost Light. Hmm. Awesome vehicle mode and robot mode. Sturdy. Beautiful! But he commits two sins in my book.
    (1) Unless I'm missing something there's only one clip holding his back legs/truck bed to the front. Meaning every time you pick him up the truck bed slumps slightly. Not the worst, but since everything else secures in two or three spots I'm surprised.
    (2) His shoulders are inexcusable, and these will probably break over many transformations. Having two-axis plastic bits connected to a metal-on-metal hinge is just asking for plastic to break. The issue is the plastic ratchet which becomes the butterfly joint is too tight. There's no need for that to be ratcheted, and if it is to be ratcheted, it has to be metal.
    It was a fun transformation though. Nice flow and unique in where pieces go. It's just a shame that the shoulders are so poorly designed. We'll see how long they last :( 

• Like Like x 3
  9. wesitron

wesitron Well-Known Member

If you’re talking about the part I think you’re talking about, the legs both snap in to the cab pretty securely so that there shouldn’t be any give. Every time I see a photo where the bottom of the truck isn’t perfectly flat across, I realize this is a step that was missed. And tbh, I’m not sure it’s clear in the instructions.

And I totally agree about the shoulders. They make me super nervous, and I don’t like to move them too much.

• Like Like x 1
  10. soybean56

Well, the major tab which connects his red crotch to the cab assembly is tabbed in. It seems like there should be something at the top of his robot thighs to plug in, but they just rest against where the knives are held. I can try to get a picture later. In the meantime, if you have a picture to share I'd love to be proven wrong on this :)  It doesn't sag except a mm or two when I pick it up. But that will become more pronounced over time.

I guess reading your comment again I'm not seeing where the legs tab in. The crotch tabs in. The arms tab into the gray cab section which is connected to the legs. Just feels like I'm missing something.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    It also has to do with the orientation of the knee joints. Threw me at first, but you need to make the joints angular to get everything lined up.
    20220201_084649.jpg 20220201_084658.jpg 20220201_084720.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. soybean56

Thanks for the pics. That confirmed that I have him transformed correctly. He rolls well. But if you look at your third picture there should be something in the design which tabs in somewhere on those red/black bits under the knives. As it stands right now if you pick him up holding the front half (the half in front of the cab), the bed section WILL sag slightly. It's all dependent on the tolerances of his knee joints. That's poor design. Everything else is rock solid, but there's something lacking there.
    That's not really a big deal since he'll be laying on a table in truck mode. But the poorly designed shoulders really are inexcusable. For such a beautiful and well-built toy the shoulders are a huge dissappointment. I'm still loving him, and I'm looking forward to future releases.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

did you tab the knee covers into the shins? I pick mine up and its sturdy as can be in that area, the knee ratchets and the tabs of the knee covers to the shins keeps it very tight.

14. Ghilz

Ghilz Derpticon

Dunno if there's any sag it's so minimum I can't see it and I am not even sure why we're discussing it. If you tab the arms into the rear cab properly, and make sure the knees are tabbed into their slot, he's pretty horizontal no matter where you hold him from. Like, maybe there's a little sag, but no worse than your average optimus. I guess don't suspend him fromt his roof when you display him?

[​IMG]
    (Pictured below, tabs not fully in for illustrative purpose)
    [​IMG]

15. soybean56

Alrighty, here we go with an image.
    I appreciate all the feedback. Yes, I have the knee covers clipped into the shins; however, that wouldn't solve the issue. There is actually nothing to connect/clip everything below the knees to anything above the knees.
    In the attached image in truck mode (looking behind the cab) there should be tabs going from the green arrows to the red arrows.
    As it stands now the knee ratchets are the only thing keeping his truck bed from flopping. Yes, it's not really that critical because the truck will be displayed horizontal; however, you can see it putting forces onto the knee ratchets when you pick it up or put it down.
    It's just shocking how everything else clips in via multiple locations, but there is actually nothing to connect the truck bed (below the knees) to the truck cab (above the knees).

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Like others, I finally received Frost Light from BBTS. I'm very excited, but unfortunately I haven't had any real time to sit and play with him. I hope to rectify that soon.

That said, I have taken him out of the box and fiddled with him a little. is there a trick to getting his neck properly tabbed down? I see the little button and the hole where it goes, but getting it in is quite difficult. Is there a trick?

17. Ghilz

Ghilz Derpticon

Lift the head up and press the neck down into the hole, using a spudger or some such. It gets easier after the first time.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Does anybody know a place with one of the Squads still in stock?

19. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BBTS has 3/4 in stock (ARC-01, 03 and 05). TFSource has ARC-04 in stock.

Not seeing many elsewhere that aren't over MSRP.

20. YellowGuy

YellowGuy Well-Known Member

so I recently gotten my hands with Frost Light, and I was wondering if there was a way to tighten one of the leg joints; my right leg's ratchet joints seem more loose on the right compared to the left one.