Toylines and Comics You wish were animated

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ReximusPrime, Sep 19, 2016.

1. ReximusPrime

ReximusPrime Well-Known Member

Just as the title says, there's a lot of obscure comics and toylines, and some would probably have been great as animated series or specials. What stories would you like to see animated in the future or would you have liked to see animated in the past. Herre are a few of my own wishes:

-Dreamwave G1 TV Series - Would have been pretty cool to see an Armada-tier animated G1 with many nods to the original continuity and several story arcs in a modern setting.

-G1 IDW Pre-DC Movies - Could still be done, maybe in the style of DC's animated movies and animate certain chunks/eras within one movie each

-Binaltech...tv series? - This is probably the best story to come out of japanese continuity to be honest. Don't know how it would be executed though

-Actionmasters Cartoon - I'm thinking Transformers G Gundam style.

-MTMTE - Do I need to say anything?

-Pretenders TV show - Autobots living among humans, as humans, in response to the collateral damage and fear they cause while learning the joys, problems and awkwardness that comes with it, while also fighting Decepticon remnants/monsters? Maybe it just sounds good on paper

Shattered Glass Movie - Would be greater fanservice and could even spawn their own set of profitable movies. Even people who don't know Transformers known who Optimus Prime is, and would probably be drawn in by the "Optimus turns Evil" taglines and articles that would circulate.

There are few more and if we get a discussion going I'll discuss a few more.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  2. Korshik

Korshik Well-Known Member

I would love to have dreamwave tf become a tv series. I can say the same thing about IDWverse

3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I wish the 87,88 and 89 toylines could have had a Sunbow cartoon.
    And G2. other than that i'm good. IDW might be interesting to see animated but it could be terrible easily.

4. FroDoge

FroDoge Wrecker

Last Stand of the Wreckers.

5. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I wanted to see more of the G1 cartoon after the Rebirth, bring in the Monsterbots to complete the 87 cast. Then I want to see the 1988 to 1990 toy lineup from Powermasters to Action Masters animated.

And about then instead of re-airing the G1 cartoon for G2 we could of gotten a cartoon for the G2 toyline that is a sequel to the original cartoon.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Galvatron1998

Galvatron1998 Maximal

News Credits:
    I'd like to see an animated series focused on Combiner Wars. The concept is simple enough, Combiners that are at war with one another. I can't imagine that it would be difficult for somebody to come up with a cohesive story that makes sense. Oh wait... :) 
    In all seriousness, I would like to see Last Stand of the Wreckers as well as Sins of the Wreckers translated into an animated movie. A Shattered Glass show would be cool to see as well.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    I'd love a BW story set in the original, modern-day setting alluded to in the early bios and promotional material, featuring the entire toyline as characters.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I would absolutely love it if they came out with a MTMTE animated series. Oh, and Shattered Glass too. :) 

9. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    Battlestars and Operation: Combination.

10. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I'd love to see this, or The Gathering.

I'd also like to have seen Zone continued and Battlestars animated as a series.

11. Ninjanicktf

Ninjanicktf Mushroom Samba

That would awesome if they made Last Stand of the Wreckers into an animated movie.

12. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Binaltech, easily, if for no other reason than that the toyline might have continued. :cry 

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd like an IDW adaptation, not a straight on but inspired, because if it was straight up then I'd might as well read it. Though the Last Stand of the Wreckers should be the most accurate to the original script.

A Real Combiner Wars with Combiners in the fore front....IE NOT OPTIMUS, STARSCREAM OR WINDBLADE, would be nice.

Titans Returns where the titan masters have powers akin to the stands from Jojo's Bizzare Adventure and Sentinel Prime is Dio.