Toy Stages - Official Product and Site Launch!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Superquad7, Sep 27, 2014.

1. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    Considering a Super Mod put it here, well...

Just let it go man.

Besides, it's already under "3rd Party Unlicensed"

As for these things, they're great! I'd love to see a real life ruined cityscape, like in DOTM for the Movie Figs or a sewer backdrop for more options for TMNT!

2. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just spent time looking for this thread in the right forum, and then eventually found it in the wrong place.

3. Vagabond Elf

Vagabond Elf Well-Known Member

Either there's been variation from the norm when that unit was made (certainly possible, millions of those things are turned out each year), or whoever's shelf you used is assembled wrong. They should be 15 inches in each "cube."

However, if you put the support rails in upside down, you'd end up with the middle two being 15 inches but the top and bottom ones would be off.

4. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

It'd be interesting if these guys worked together if AFA to put backgrounds inside the cases of graded toys since I probably won't be throwing money to either AFA or Toy Stages

5. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, they're assembled right, they aren't perfectly 15 in each. the cube that is slightly smaller is the second one down. by about 1/16th of an inch, enough that it would be a problem for some when putting them in. I measured seven of them to be sure because I thought it was weird. To the top edge of the glass to the bottom of the frame pieces. Either way, the new size is as close as they can get.

6. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    Why would they do that. AFA graded toys are generally boxed. Do you want a background to be a picture of a shelf at Walmart or Toys R Us?

7. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

So bummed.

Was all about getting these for my Ikea shelves. Turns out, the medium is too small, and doesn't reach the ends of the bookcase, and the large (and large trimmed too) is waaaaaaaay too big.

The floor pieces won't really align nicely either, so it'll just look like a silly placemat placed on the shelf. (even if I put more than 1, it still won't reach out to the front enough)

All in all, it'll be like almost $200 bucks to cover all 6 shelves.

I passed. :/

8. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

its the kind of thing i see no problem doing a shelf at a time if they get the sizing right

in my head i keep trying to think of a way to tie the scenes on the seperate shelves together once they get the sizing squared away

9. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    for the billy bookcases? The large ones fit nicely in them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Are toystages making these based on strictly what the ikea demmensions are ? I'm curious cause I don't own an ikea detolf. I have a detolf an have a cubed background in there although it's at least 2 inches short from the top of the next shelf. Meaning the background could be taller. Also , when will the new cubed versions be ready to buy? I'd like to purchase a couple more once they are ready.

11. Vagabond Elf

Vagabond Elf Well-Known Member

Hmm, interesting. Both of mine are exact.

However, my Detolfs are more than ten years old, and I know IKEA's switched factories on the Detolfs twice. And 1.5 mm is going to be well inside an acceptable error margin for that sort of thing, from IKEA's perspective - so I'd guess our different results are probably stemming from a slight variation introduced either when they switched factories or as the jig got worn out.

12. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Wait, how'd you do that?!?!? The LARGE measure 36 across, and 32 if slightly folded (according to their site), the BILLY width is barely 30.

13. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    May I ask is that the large or large-trimmed backdrop in the Billy?

I like the Billy Oxberg combination in birch or white. Even better if I replace the top shelves with glass ones.

Dimensions here...

BILLY/OXBERG Bookcase - white - IKEA

14. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I also wish international shipping was a little lower.

15. Friendross

Just noticed they updated a class of detlof sized boards. The size of the unit kinda forced them to crop the backgrounds. Understandable

I placed a order for a few last night. Can't wait to share pictures when they come in

16. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Anybody that's ordered them get them 'damaged'? I ordered 2 backgrounds and some floor tiles and there's a place where the box got dented and so bent a bit of the backgrounds.

17. Friendross

taken quickly with camera phone

i like them, just wished it still hugged the glass tighter somehow

first the before, then some after... tried to show how it fit with off center shots. Scoria and grimlock had to move off the top shelf. They eclipsed the board

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Friendross

more for consideration and opinions

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

I just want you folks to be careful. I received mines damaged. I sent them emails to their customer service plus an attachment of the damaged product since last week. Still no reply. I'll do it once more maybe, but it seems like this is shaping to be the worst 56 bucks I spent on TF history. When you put a figure it's okay, it blocks it out, but just telling you folks to be careful. I see that a few of you were fortunate to get yours in pristine condition. Sucks to be me.

http://plus.google.com/photos/101893291391798205172/albums/6088355904720969809

Link to my page. Not telling anyone to not buy from there, but I hope they can issue me some kind of replacement.

20. Delta Star

Delta Star <b>Reprolabels.com</b> TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Terry - I e-mailed twice... check your spam? Your product was resent already :)