Toy Reel Transformers 40th Anniversary Event Hasbro Australia Interview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mechafire, May 23, 2024.

1. Enemy

Enemy "I? I... am a monument... to all your sins."

This is precisely why I'm backing out. The majority of Deluxe/Voyager/Leader figures either don't appeal to me or don't feel worth the price. Core was a nice inexpensive slot that almost always felt worth it, and some even felt worth far more. The only bad Core figures I can think of offhand are the cassettes and BB Rumble (imo), Bouldercrash (because of the stick up his ass), and a couple of the Dinobots (dem boys got no elbows). Iguanus is one of my favorite Legacy figures, Galvatron's knees are wack, but he's a fantastic rendition of the character, Snarl is a great little beastformer, Mohawk is insane, and BM Cheetor, while still ugly as sin, is actually quite fun.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Well there goes any hopes of more Core class Cassette bots. Was really wanting Ravage, Eject, Rewind, Ramhorn, Overkill, & Slugfest after the Steeljaw reveal.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Boss Borot

Boss Borot A Pile of Scrap

One of my frequently visited Walmarts dropped Cores after sitting on a dozen BB Ravages for years, and then ended up getting the wave with 86 Frenzy and Novakane and plopping them directly into the clearance aisle.

Like, these smaller, less expensive toys should be a hit with the kids, but they're not gonna move if you order one or two characters and leave them on the shelf forever.

I really REALLY hoped we'd get more Beast Wars basics redone in Core...

• Like Like x 3
  4. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    They could still be done, in my opinion, as Deluxes with their articulated "shells".

It doesn't mean that at all. Minicassettes could be packed with other figures. It'll be fine.

We still can! He'd need a Deluxe price point, unless you'd want Grand Slam and Raindance sold separately, or the two to be compromised like Siege Micromasters.

Besides, we might even get a "Master" or "Mini" class full of little guys like that. Between Battlemaster and Core budget would be perfect for quality individual packs. Core might be going(and that's still a maybe!), but we might get something that could still work with the characters we still want. I don't think it's the end for them.

5. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, those seem to be YMV situations. Several of the Walmarts around town still carry core. But like all impulse buy items under $10, they bought them by the shippers during the holidays for the stocking stuffer rows and have had the same figures for a while now. But that's not a core class problem...that's a "how we do business" problem for Walmart that includes multiple toys throughout the aisles.

• Like Like x 2
  6. John Titor

John Titor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "the answers provided aren’t super substantial"

Understatement of the year.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Well-Known Member

Hmm... With some of the multi packs we've seen of late being called a higher price point (ie Star Seeker Thundertron- a deluxe plus a voyager plus a bonus figure being rounded to a Leader class release, IIRC there was at least one other) and many of the recent leaders basically being bulked out voyagers anyways, I could see Hasbro pivoting to releasing smaller figures alongside others and just bumping them up a class. Like the spy changer 2 packs from ye olde RID being sold as equivalent to Basic class figures. Kinda lame theres not going to be a mainline price point below $20, but frankly core class usually felt like poor value for money anyways.

8. KodyCrimson

KodyCrimson Resident Titans Return fan

YouTube (Custom URL):
    So Core Class is screwed pretty much.
    Figures Hasbro would purge the budget-friendly options. Gotta make more money somehow.
    Also, RIP Reactivate. I've seen enough games' development cycles like this where you go THIS LONG without any gameplay or anything like that and toss between developers to know this game is royally fragged. Yes, games take a long time to make. But usually by now they'd have some game to show us, even just a few seconds of gameplay. I don't want to be downer, but from what I know and have seen, this game is done for. And if it manages to release it'll probably be better it didn't after Suicide Squad.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ExcellionPrime

ExcellionPrime Autobot Independent

No more core class?!?! Well, there\'s goes the \'making every single character in the studio series toyline, regardless of screen time\' deal that hasbro promised us...

10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    It was a case by case situation per figure to me. Most of the Kingdom cores I bought were worth the $10 I paid to me. TLK Mohawk is awesome. Felt like the SS86 tapes were a mixed bag and concept Rumble could’ve been a lot better. Would’ve gotten the 1st 4 Dinobots had they not been compromised for the combining gimmick.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    i barely saw any united deluxes; all i've seen are cores

all they're stocking is core class so wtf

12. seawatch

seawatch the bad user

Reactivate is so cancelled, we all know this. Maybe Hasbro hasn’t officially cancelled it but it’s done, the toys that came out are going to be an anomaly as figures for something that doesn’t exist.

Honestly hard for me to miss core class too much, I have a handful but they never felt worth the asking price. I have faith that cassettes after Steeljaw will find release in box sets and be easy enough to get.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Razornine

Razornine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no diver or signal lancer…? :( 

I wouldn’t mind if they replaced core class with Minicons.

• Like Like x 2
  14. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

Not end of the world to me, but do we think "no more core class" would affect us getting Ramhorn now to go with Steeljaw?

15. Razornine

Razornine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We got a listing for Ramhorn, he’s in a 3 pack with 86 Perceptor and Ratbat.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hopefully we get a Minicon Class where they can put Minicons, Micromasters, and cassettes in. Make it a little cheaper than core. Like those ROTB Weaponizers? They were great.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Ilovetransformers22

Ilovetransformers22 Lover of all things transformers

News Credits:
    It sounds like they are replacing core class with minicons. I’m not how to react with that decision. There’s other characters that they can still do at core class, but now they might not happen.

18. BombSquad

BombSquad Commander Broadside Proponent

News Credits:
    The problem with core class is that they kept raising prices from $10 to $13 without the same quality increases that other size classes have gotten since Siege. And trying to capture the 3p legends market was a bad bet because Hasbro couldn't compete in terms of complexity, character variety, or play value without spinning core class off into a separate line.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Well, was hoping someone else would do it but alas...
    giphy.gif

TL;DW
    From Rob Sheaf (General Sales Manager)

-Pleased with how RotB and their previous "big plans" turned out
    -Recent Layoffs were done for scaling brands up and more focus on their brands
    -Addressing distribution struggles: at the end of the day, they don't control what the brick-and-mortar stores want to stock and retailers pick and choose what they want.

From Kamyar Zamanzadeh (Austrilian Transformers Brand Manager)
    -Legacy has been "hugely successful"
    -No Reactivate in 2024
    -Mostly dodges the Core Class question by saying "if anything gets removed, we're sure to add something new"
    -Wants Tidal Wave to be at retail (In Australia)
    -Open to games older than WFC like Armada in Gamer Edition but no straight answer
    -TFOne and 86 Bee set for July
    -Highlights that Commander Class is a hit

TL;DW Over

If I had to give my own speculation on the Core class (as that's really the most substantial part of this interview), It'll probably be like the transition from the Legends to Micromaster or Micromasters to Cores, in that, it'll be a new way of doing the price point as be it Minicons, Micromasters, Legions, or whatever, I just don't really see them tossing their "kid friendly" pricepoint what has been a staple since day one.

• Like Like x 12
  20. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Heroic Captain of Cowabunga

News Credits:
    I’m hoping Perceptor will be different enough from the SS86 toy for people to justify buying him again, but I’m expecting an SS86 Blaster scenario where he only has a handful of deco tweaks. If the latter is true, I’m skipping the whole set.