Toy Pack-in Comics

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Zircor, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Zircor

Zircor Well-Known Member

I apologize if this has a) been asked already or b) is obvious, but searching the forum I can't seem to find an answer to my question. I've recently got back into collecting Transformers (both toys and the comics), and have picked up all of the wave 2 Deluxes from Combiner Wars, as well as Optimus. The comics that come with the deluxes are from IDW, correct, and they're reprints of issues from the ongoing series? How can I tell which issues they're reprints of? For the life of me I can't seem to find the title name or issue number anywhere on them. I've been trying to avoid reading them so far as I'd like to read the entire run in order so I know what's going on. I haven't read any of the IDW comics since around the time the third original arc ended (Devastation, Escalation, and ?) - I REALLY loved the Dreamwave comics and could never really get into IDW's stuff.

2. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
  3. Zircor

Zircor Well-Known Member

Thank you.

Incidentally, after I posted this I once again looked at the small print on the inside cover of the comics and noticed they ARE numbered, but it's not very obvious. However, they don't follow the original comics numbers; they're number "Combiner Wars #6, 7, 8," etc. As I have the 4 main-line Wave 2's, they are numbers 6, 7, 8, and 9. I'm assuming if Wave 1 was 1, 2, 3, and 4, then Quickslinger is 5, and Brake-Neck is 10, assuming they come with comics at all that aren't reprints of the ones that replaced them in the main lineup.

Can anyone who has the other bots so far confirm or deny?

4. God Ginrai

God Ginrai Energon Enthusiast

Quickslinger and Break-Neck come with reprints of Firefly and Dead End's comics, if I'm not mistaken.

5. Zircor

Zircor Well-Known Member

That's what I was afraid of. Or hoping for? That means I'm good to go for getting the Takara versions and not having to worry about missing some of the story. Hell, I know I'm double-dipping anyway - the individual bots have too nice of sculpts to be hiding as combiners all the time :) 

6. God Ginrai

God Ginrai Energon Enthusiast

If you want to read the story you could always just buy the RID TPBs.

7. Zircor

Zircor Well-Known Member

Yup, that's the plan. I figured since I was buying the toys anyway, though, I'd go ahead and read those in the meantime