Toy Fair 2019 - Flame Toys Display Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Onslaught24, Feb 16, 2019.

1. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IDW Autobot Megatron when

2. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    The Furai kits are basically HG kits for TF characters, so you get the fun assembly and poseability of a Gundam kit but TF characters. They don't need justification, they're a great combination of the two franchises.

3. Zoingo

Zoingo Well-Known Member

sacrifice an integral feature for looks, articulation, and solidity?
    [​IMG]
    :p 

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

If the model kits are trying to be Gundams, then breakout with the Perfect Grade kits.

5. Jhund

Jhund Screws>Pins

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    well they didn’t release those in toys or at least in .... proper size for optimus , and don’t seem like they’ll be revisiting those designs again in mainline .

I would rather MG , good handfeel and easier pickup .

• Like Like x 1
  6. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

MP figures do all of that AND Transform and they're still cheaper.

Plus even if they were cheaper they're called TRANSFORMERS. They should be able to TRANSFORM. That's the whole point. It's like flame toys doesn't get what the appeal of this franchise is...

I'm OK with buying something like Alpha Q because he's not a Transformer to begin with. He exists in the same universe but he's a Quintesson. If they want to make something like that be my guest. I'd love some G1 Quintessons.

But I mostly collect Transformers and I expect my Transformers to actually transform. I don't care how good of quality these things are if they've totally missed the point of what makes a Transformer. If I just wanted some cool looking robots I would collect Gundams. Nothing wrong with liking that if that's your thing but the main appeal of Transformers is that you're basically getting three toys in one. So as far as I'm concerned a Transformer that can't transform is like buying 1/3 of a toy.

Well generally speaking anyway, don't even get me started on Triple changers that only have two modes and combiners that can't combine.

I see it as faulse advertising when a thing can't do something that thing is known for being able to do. (Within reason, I'm not expecting them to be able to shoot lasers or anything like that just the thing that's literally in their name that previous toys have been able to do.)

A Transformer that doesn't transform to me is only worth 1/3 the cost of a Transformer that does not 7 times more. If you want 7 times more than a regular figure then it should be able to move around and transform by itself. That would be impressive. Or build them with real gold otherwise they don't appear to be worth much to me compared to real Transformers figures.

7. Jhund

Jhund Screws>Pins

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Don’t know what brought this on , but certainly this isn’t the first transformer tagged premium figure or product that doesn’t transform . And the prices these goes for are barely half what 3a and the like are charging or the last I checked and those are statues/ busts.

As for them not transforming and why , I believe it was mentioned on these boards . Something to do with it being within the contractual terms of hasbro/takaratomy , that official third party products aren’t allowed to be able to transform in order for there not to be market conflict or the sorts?

8. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

@SaberPrime, MP and 3rd party has revitalized the brand The Tranformers for many collectors, I own all of G1 MIB and loose. The Flame Toys $300+ line are basically bot modes and have a following. I know very little about IDW Transformers and the look of there Tarn and Star Saber looks great, the led lights look great, I do not own any yet, but consider then Transformer Statues, I buy high end Star Wars statutes, Hot Toys, and some of the black series and 3 3/4ths line. I own all of G.I. Joe 3 3/4th figures and vehicle MIB and loose, but the market shows that there is a demand for $500+ real American Hero statues based on the 3 3/4" line, so why not a Perfect Grade TF line for those who are interested. It comes down to who wants what and will buy what in any market. I can buy a new BMW or I can buy a Lamborghini both are cars and do the basic function, take you from point A to point B.

9. Nemisispath

Nemisispath Needs a new username

Can\'t wait till Windblade gets a sull reveal.
    That Victory Saber is badass!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Oh yeah windblade! I can’t wait to see how she goes. Ban is an absolute legend.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Irv Gotti

Irv Gotti I'm Rick James B%#ch!!

WHY? Why has not a single company, not 3rd Party, not HasTak, NO ONE, jumped on this version of Megatron. Seriously, Lost Light Megs is the most definitive design and dare I say, characterization of Megatron since his original form in the 80’s. His tank transformation is just Hardhead’s with a few tweaks. It’s like Batman’s Hellbat suit all over again!

• Like Like x 1
  12. MegaDolrailer

MegaDolrailer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah I dont think you get the appeal of Transformers that are just action figures, doesn't matter how good an MP is, it won't look as good or move as well as a non-transforming TF, that's the appeal. Officially Licensed third party Transformers aren't allowed to transform by the way.
    For the Fallen specifically, I know he has a tank mode but G1 Fallen never transformed in the comic anyway, so its not a huge part of his character to me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I understand the appeal of toys that are just Action Figures but there are dozens of other toy lines for action figures that aren't called Transformers. I've seen some Gundams that look very similar to some Transformers characters but aren't intended to transform into anything and I've seen actual Transformers characters that end up looking like Gundams because their transformations were taken away from them... so why not just get the Gundam figure who already looks like an Optimus Prime if that's what you want instead of marketing an Optimus Prime Transformer that doesn't actually transform to people like me that don't give a crap.

Like I said in my original post, though maybe I wasn't clear, I don't have an issue with collectors who are into these things. You like what you like, there's nothing wrong with that. What I have an issue with is the toy company marketing something as a Transformer when it doesn't transform. I see that as false advertising as I got into Transformers for the exact reason that they could freaking transform. That's why I still collect them to this day. I liked other action figures when I was younger that were just action figures but I got bored with them. I still like super hero fictions just as an example but I have zero interest in collecting action figures of my favorite super heroes anymore. It was cool when I actually played with my toys but having a Superman or Batman just to sit on a shelf collecting dust? Can't do much with them to change up the displays because I suck at posing figures anyway so they'd essentially just be sitting there taking up space. At least with Transformers they're more than one thing so when I get bored of having a robot on my shelf I can turn him into a tank... except wait I can't because this Fallen can only be a robot.

Lucky for me I found out ahead of time but imagine if someone bought this thing expecting it to transform feeling the way I do about transformers. The whole appeal of this toy line is the ability to transform, if they can't transform then don't freaking market them as a Transformers toy line that's basically false advertising. Aside from a few reviewers who've gotten these products already that have gone out and said they don't transform, the actual companies that make these things don't seem to have that written anywhere on the freaking packaging or any of the marketing materials I've seen for these things. I've been looking forward to that Fallen figure for months and only just now finding out it doesn't transform. It's a freaking Transformer, it is suppose to transform. Don't freaking market something as a Transformer if it can't do the one gawd damn thing that I expect it to be able to do.

BTW a few of Hasbro's own products have this issue as well. At least those are cheap as hell, way cheaper than the actual Transformers. But again there's nothing on the packaging clearly stating not a transforming toy and being a Transformers toy line I have seen several people assume they're suppose to transform. One of my neibors bought one of those things for her grandson expecting it to transform because it said Transformers on the box. Nope... but at least that was a figure. Not that big a deal when it only cost about $10. Now imagine spending all this money on a figure you think should be able to do something only to then find out it's just an action figure.

Make sense now? Don't market it as a Transformer if it doesn't transform.

14. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah but that’s not a transformer. I’d be just buying a gundam. When I could be buying an affordable, well sculpted and articulate model kit of Optimus prime. Cause I can actually do that now. I don’t need to hypothetically think of robots that look like this so therefore I buy that one. Cause I’m never gonna do that.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MegaDolrailer

MegaDolrailer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here we go again with this absolutely nonsense argument. If I want a poseable, stylized Optimus, I'm not gonna buy a Gundam. Maybe its hard to believe but they're actually not the same thing.
    Then it's not for you, obviously. Some people dont mind if a transformer doesnt transform if it looks nice and has good poseability it's not that complicated
    As for the rest of your post:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Mastermind Creations Tyrantron is exactly this version of Megatron and a superb one at that.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

The only reason they're not the same thing... is because one Transforms into a truck... you take away the truck and a styalized Optimus Prime model kit is exactly the same thing as a Gundam. And believe it or not there are literally people who have taken Gundam model kits and turned them into Transformers characters. Just because you don't want to do that doesn't mean it can't be done.

As for the other part... short version...

You seem to think I'm attacking you and something you like which is not the case. If you like that kind of thing that's fine and great for you.

I'm complaining about the way these things are marketed to me. I don't give a crap about how good of an action fiction it is. I don't collect action figures. I collect Transformers. Don't freaking market something as a Transformer if it doesn't freaking transform. No where on the packageing or any of the marketing materials for this figure that I've been looking forward to for months does it say this figure does not transform. So of course I'm going to be pissed when the Transformer I've been looking forward to getting is an over priced non-transforming action figure. If it was never marketed as a Transformer I wouldn't care, it'd just be this oddity that isn't meant for me anyway. I'm pissed because they marketed this as a Transformer that I would want and didn't deliver what I was promised.

18. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Except it is Optimus. It looks like Optimus. It has autobot symbols like Optimus. And he is in a box where the product is labeled as Optimus. That’s how I know it’s a transformer. It’s part of the brand. Now when would I ever buy this thing without a box or have autobot symbols? I’m never gonna do that. It’s so unlikely.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Well other people have done it. And just like you wouldn't do that... I'm not going to buy a Transformer that doesn't transform. If it doesn't transform then it's not a Transformer. That to me might as well be a Gundam.

I can take a Gundam, slap some Autobot stickers on the shoulders and call it Optimus Prime. I've seen customs that were exactly that, they look great... if that's what you want to do. But the main appeal of Transformers is that they Transform. I'm not interested in non-Transforming action figures... unless you're going to make Quintessons, Vok, Transmutate, or other such characters within the fiction who I'm not going to expect to transform because they aren't transformers in the fiction. But if you're going to make a figure of a guy who transforms into a tank then I'm going to want a figure I can transform into a tank.

If you're going to make a line of non-transforming action figures based on Transformers characters then freaking advertise them that way so I don't get my hopes up.

20. fishpop

fishpop Squishy Bear

Ebay:
    At least you have the budget to buy these figures. :( 
    I'd love to have Tarn & Star Saber.