Toy Fair 2018 - Power of the Primes Display Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Feb 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

What does this even mean? I was asking if his sword had ever shown up in in the G1 toon...

Takara's release of Predaking will be identical to Hasbro's release of Predaking.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Me too, and the more I see POTP Predaking kind of slowly sells me on him. If some 3P started showing off kit ideas or whatever that would put me at 100% sold on him.
    and yeah, SDCC unless Hasbro decides to go nuts and do something completely different like a Monstructor or Dinoking boxset (no boxsets for POTP but that doesn't mean none as exclusives).

3. TGS1985

TGS1985 Well-Known Member

Oh, so that uncolored version wasn't the Takara version? I been reading that it was. I knew all the other figures were going to be identical but I was hoping Takara would pull out all the stops for the line's Flagship Titan Class.

4. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

that was just an earlier prototype of the same thing. They only have so many prototypes they allow to travel and go to shows. Also they didn't go all out with Trypticon like people were expecting them to do and given the brand unifying i would not expect them to do anything more than what hasbro as already shown us.

I do have a small amount of hope that he will get the "takara treatment" but i'm not holding my breath for it in any capacity for anything in the POTP line.

• Like Like x 1
  5. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Transformers Wiki on Twitter

DWhoL58W4AIKv6k.jpg DWhoMHrWAAAhzhc.jpg

By contrast here he is with the Wildfly head seen on Saturday:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  6. PocoStig

PocoStig Does anyone still like Pepperoni?

Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I don't see Predaking's sword...

7. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    See also: 2017's Legends Trypticon, identical to the western version

• Like Like x 1
  8. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I\'m really excited we\'re getting a new Optimal Optimus. I don\'t care if hes missing modes, I have the original toy that can do that. Its just that its new and different and does different things.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Check the CGI on the back of the box, he doesn't have one. Simply cannot fit into the budget, same as how CW Devastator did not have individual guns for the Constructicons.
    Thanks, nice! I assumed they used the same painted-over grey protos as from last year's Toyfair or SDCC or whatever that was in the autumn, but since they had 3 pieces of each Terrorcon on display, I expected the others would have the correct head.
    I don't recall either. Not even in Call of the Primitives where he was all crazy-anime-proportioned: https://pre00.deviantart.net/62e2/t...f_the_primitives__ver_a__by_vzmk2-d4tzni1.png
    Then again, the G1 toon is something that I liked as a kid, but unlike say, Batman TAS, Gargoyles or Mummies Alive, isn't something I can rewatch and enjoy again today - it isn't a very well written show. Unlike with the G1 comics I still re-read sometimes. So I am not the foremost authority on the Sunbow stuff. :) 
    Looks good in robot mode, but a pain to disassemble the drum. I usually just left the whole thing in one piece during transformation. Especially pushing the upper and lower halves together is a pain, like I was fiddling with a Rubik's cube. :D 

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  10. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Wait..what? No jet and powered vehical modes? Boo!

11. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No problem.
    And indeed, that must be a different version, mine has a green one. I bought the toys one by one upon release from Chimungmung at the time.
    Exgraver/Scavenger, the first figure from that set, is still my favourite, but as later toys came out, I got less and less excited. Especially Not-Bonecrusher and his terribly fiddly front shovel that falls apart easily in bulldozer mode, plus the needless extra cockpit parts, and Long Haul suffers from many of the same issues the CW/UW one does too, just in different places.
    That said, still prefer him to Giant, as the robot modes do resemble the G1 animation models better. But then CW came and knocked them out of the park with how much the robot heads/chests mirrored the G1 details. I feel the same way about Predaking.
    The Predacons had little character building in the toons, but they had more nice touches in the Marvel comics - especially Divebomb and his rivalry with Swoop is something that I always loved. (And something Hasbro referenced with that Swoop-colored Autobot Divebomb terrorcon Windrazor repaint in Beast Hunters!)
    For a long time that was the only episode I saw the Terrorcons in, so I remembered it for that, and the blink-and-you-will-miss-it appearance of Overkill and Slugfest - we never had the toys in Hungary so I only knew them from there. :D 
    But otherwise, Unicron being the science project of a stupid monkey? Kaos Godd not Munkkkey. :D 

12. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean, he doesn't have any wheels, but he dose have wings! So you can probably make the jet mode, since it looks like a fan mode anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  13. PocoStig

PocoStig Does anyone still like Pepperoni?

Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. ProjectShocwave

ProjectShocwave Z2H UNIVERSE

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Don't care for the criticisms on this Jurassic Predaking. He's gonna be a must for me & will look fierce beside my 2015 Devy. But that's just me... Cheers peeps ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  15. iKoN09

iKoN09 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, that Optimal is really cool! Will definitely consider picking him up.
    As for Predaking and Abominus, an easy pass for me. MMC and Unique toys still wins IMHO.
    The Prime Masters are sure buy, ofcourse. Sludge and Snarl too to complete my Neo-G1 Dinos.
    The Fembots, have to wait till they hit markdown prices.

oh! and Blackwing, cuz I already have Dreadwind.
    The Legends Class already got them except Tailgate.

16. Superion247

Superion247 New Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    I really want this guy to be part of my masterpiece collection, which I just started. How tall is he compared to terminus giganticus or mp omega supreme. 

17. Stormbreaker

Stormbreaker Renegade

Theoretically lets say Hasbro created scaled combiner transformer sets which combiner would be tallest?

18. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Depends. If we're talking about alt mode scale it would be Superion. If original toy scale it would be Predaking. If it's cartoon/IDW scale they would be the same size.

19. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Scaled to what? How big are mechanical lions or two-headed dragons in real life?

Of the vehicle combiners, Superion would be the tallest. Because, you know, Concorde.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Pretty bad that Predaking does not have the BFS, but whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.