Toy Fair 2013 Transformers Generations Official Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Feb 9, 2013.

1. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

Just because they have toys it doesn't mean they're in the show ...

And Dreadwing accomplished exactly what he was designed to do - show why Starscream is Megatron's favorite.

2. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

Omega Supreme is supposed to be one of the smarter Cybertronians. And if you take this Metroplex as the IDW one, which makes sense given the push for him in IDW and all the other Gen figures being IDW with comics mentioning Metroplex, he's pretty smart there too.

Bumblebee got reformatted into that body during the Costa ongoing. And that Trailbreaker is IDW too. His spotlight just hasn't been printed yet so they didn't have one to do the display package.

Omega Supreme is actually one of the smarter Cybertronians. And if you take this Metroplex as the IDW one, which would make sense considering the big push he's getting in IDW and all the other Generations figs are IDW, he's pretty smart too.

3. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I understand, but it's just personal preference/how I like to see them. With that in mind, FoC Metroplex's design fits with that idea. :) 

There's nothing wrong with this new Metroplex toy, it's just that they went one way where I'd hoped they'd go the other. Like I said, I do want this. :) 

4. jop

jop Sesquipedaliacon

What can I say? I have a low tolerance for foolishness.

WHY I NEVER! I must protest, in the strongest possible terms, offense on the behalf of Hasbro that you would even suggest that... hang on a moment, what's that? Is that some kind of 'emoticon' at the end of the sentence? Why, I've been hearing about these things! It appears to be winking at us, the reader; as if to suggest perhaps that the author is all to aware of the outrageous nature of his statement!

Fellas, false alarm! It looks like Scaleface's comment was tongue-in-cheek. We can all stand down now! *phew*

One presumes that this is precisely why Scaleface attached an emoticon to the end of his sentence. You know. To depict emotional intent.

That's a gross misrepresentation of the general attitude of third party advocates within the fandom and you know it, Kaijumaster. I don't think I've ever seen such an individual argue that third parties can use Hasbro and TakTomy's intellectual property (such as the mark "Transformers") without license; a cursory understanding of the subject would immediately reveal this to be infringement.

Now third parties creating analogs - figures that do not utilize Hasbro or TakTomy engineering, do not use Hasbro or TakTomy marks or purport themselves to be official Transformers-brand products, figures that appear to resemble existing Transformers characters even though they bear no actual likeness - are absolutely in the free and clear. You might not like it, but it is what it is.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  5. depthcharge82

depthcharge82 Maximal

Blitzwing reminds me a little bit of Armada Demolisher

6. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, I think it's telling that the only notable case (I think?) of Hasbro hitting a 3rd party with a C&D demand was with iGear and those Masterpiece Seekers, which were knocked off from actual Hasbro toolings.

7. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

Blitzwing, Sandstorm and Springer will be mine! :D 

8. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Metroplex in robot mode looks really good. Blitzwing too.

9. ThatOddGuy

ThatOddGuy That Odd Guy's title

....What.....whaaa...? Is that emoticon sarcasm?

If so, HA. HAHA.

If not *Loads riffle* You now have my permission to die.

10. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

So overall opinion. Hasbro did a good job this year. But 7 toys in one year doesn't make up for the last several years of Prime and Bay-verse movie designs. Also, I'm impressed that Hasbro decided to sell the comics with their toys. This is a smart decision that may help sell more toys and also get more people into the IDW comics! I hope they continue this trend.

Metroplex: HOT! So um Biggest ever? we mean bigger that G1 Fort Max/encore rerelease? Also... where is Scamper and the drone tank? Whats the articulation like? Bought.

IDW Megatron: Ongoing and RID: This design is awesome since I first saw it. But why not voyager so he can tower over the other classics like he's meant to? Stealth bombers are also big aircraft. bought

IDW Orion Pax: Spotlight Orion Pax: I like this comic and felt it was a neat throw back to past designs. Seems the right size before the matrix took hold of him. bought

IDW TrailBreaker: MTMTE: I kinda don't like this design all to much. Maybe its the over-sized tires or the playschool look of the overall truck. but he is a good fill in for Trailbreaker as a bot and will fill the niche we have nothing else for. bought

IDW Bumblebee: Ongoing: Did not like this bee design. Mainly because it reminded me of the bayverse formers which was this designs main art reference. If it goes on discount like every other Bee does I'll pick it up to fidget with it... but not for display. discounted.

Blitzwing: I wanted a Blitzwing and well here he is. But I'm not entirely satisfied. I had hopes that an earth mode tank would be the first focus. But instead again he's entirely cybertronian with the jet being the first mode. not too big a problem. The other bugger is that he feels more animated to me than G1 or IDW. Which sucks because animated Blitzwing already got its toy... and now G1/IDW are still waiting. Ultimately there is a giant gapping gap in classics here so. Bought.

Springer: Looks a ton different from the artwork shown prior... which was really neat. I already have a defender and enjoy it. This design. I'm not so sure. Yes he is obviously Springer. Maybe. definitely if discounted.

11. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Not to mention that since kids don't have a TV-show that features these designs they also get a piece of fiction with their toys so it acts as a guide or the "bio" of the toy as well.

12. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 Banned

Holy crap, the whole Generations line is amazing, especially Springer, Blitzwing, Metroplex, Orion Pax, IDW Ongoing Megatron (I wish he was a voyager though) and Trailcutter.

13. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How long before Springer gets kitbashed into a Batman-themed triple-changer?
    That car mode looks fairly close to the Tumbler...

14. G1Jetfire

G1Jetfire Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Love Generations Voyager Springer and Blizwing, Deluxe Trailcutter and Orion Pax.

Like Generations Deluxe Megatron and Bumble Bee

Maybe to Metroplex, Legends Optimus Prime and Legends Bumblebee.

15. Micronautsdeep

Micronautsdeep Well-Known Member

I like them all, but OP is an easy pass despite being a decent figure...there's a new or upgraded OP that comes out nearly every month, and this is only a good but not great figure.

16. gawddammit

gawddammit Rocketchoochoo

News Credits:
    Am I the only one that wants that Stealth Megatron redecoed into the unreleased G2 Megs bomber?

17. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Optimus and Bumblebee are the ones I'm most interested in.

18. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Bumblee and Orion Pax from this batch, maybe Megs too, the alt mode appeals to me.

19. mysticbiscuit

mysticbiscuit Well-Known Member

This! Can't wait to get these generations. Even bumblebee caught my eye

20. The Asp

The Asp Angry Old Man

I was about to say the same thing. Why can't Hasbro show the alternate head which will be used on a new figure, when the figure is revealed?

I'd prefer G1 Treadbolt.